NanoTom
    NanoTom

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • Minecraft: NanoTom

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:27 PM

Release Trailer

Note: The video below contains all the same clips but was the original one I made and uploaded after getting the artist of the songs permission.

v2.0 Released!
Note: This is just the base and I plan on developing this a lot further. New quests, items, classes and skills.

I started a Wiki Here: http://tomdwhite.com...title=Main_Page

FAQ
I can't buy items from the quartermaster?
See Quartermaster section below.

Minecraft crashes
See installation section below. If this doesn't help, can you download the linux/other version of Minecraft from the Minecraft website and when it crashes, a log should appear in the console box. Put this log here.

How do I open the RPG Menu?
By default its "#" but this can be changed in options.

The RPG Menu not open?
Is the game type set to Rpg Adventure? (this needs to be played on a new world)

I can't find a guild hall. Is there any clue as to where they are?
There most certainly is. Open up the RPG Menu and press on reputation. You will notice buttons for every class. Press the button to find out the position of the guild hall. If the position is unknown, keep exploring!

Alright, I've found the guild, but the master and quartermaster isn't there?
Try quitting the world and reloading, they should hopefully spawn. If they dont and you don't see any mobs around that area, chances are the guild has moved to a different location.

I unistalled the mod and now can't load Minecraft?
Move/Delete the world you were using for this mod.

Installation
Note: Backup any worlds you have before installing anything.

Install ModLoader (here: http://www.minecraft...ything-updated/)

Install PlayerAPI (here: http://www.minecraft...api-player-api/)

Make sure to delete META-INF

Install Single Player RPG Mod (here http://www.tomdwhite...hite-downloads/
(Put the "rpgmod" folder from "Place in .minecraft Folder" directly into the /.minecraft/ folder. Put files and folders from  "Place in Minecraft Jar" into the Minecraft JAR using a program such as WinRAR.)

When starting, make sure to select the "Rpg Adventure" game type or nothing from the mod will work.

Download
http://www.tomdwhite...hite-downloads/

Donate
Like this mod? A lot of work went into it (about 3-4 months): Donate

Skills
Info on skills here: http://tomdwhite.com...hp?title=Skills
Posted Image

Classes
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Quartermasters
There is a quartermaster for each faction. In order to buy things from them, you need to have an itemstack that is exactly the same as the cost (so if an item costs 3 gold ingots, and you have 5, make a separate stack with only 3 in and then buy it).

In future updates I hope to link the quartermaster with Reputation.

At a certain reputation towards a faction, when talking to a member of that faction, there is a chance they will give you an item.
Posted Image

Recipes
Posted Image
Posted Image
Armor
Pigskin Armor:
Effect: While wearing all Pigskin, enemies you attack are set alight.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Iromond Armor:
Effect: While wearing all Iromond, you do +8 more base damage.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Robe Armor:
Effect: While wearing all Robe, enemies you attack are launched into the air
Recipe: Same as above but using Infused Silk

Spells
Information here: http://tomdwhite.com...hp?title=Spells

More information can be found on the wiki.

Disclaimer

This document is Copyright (2012) of Thomas White(hereafter referred to as "The Owner") and is the intellectual property of The Owner. Only Minecraftforum.net and mcmodcenter.net is able to host any of The Owner's material without the consent of The Owner. It may not be placed on any other web site or otherwise distributed publicly without advance written permission. (Electronic mail is acceptable as long as you wait for a response.). However, links to this page (on minecraftforum.net) and any videos may be placed. If you mirror this mod page or anything The Owner has made on any other site (except clearly stated here that you can), The Owner may seek compensation for the damages through a lawsuit.

The Owner gives permission for any videos or screenshots of the mod to be used by the creator as they please.

The Owner also allows the mod to be used as a base for other mods, so long as a link to the downloads page ([link]http://www.tomdwhite...hite-downloads/[/url]) or this Minecraftforum thread page is given.

Old Links (1.7.3)
Download (v1.4 of the mod for Minecraft version 1.7.3)
Follow me on Twitter: @thomasdeanwhite

Register or log in to remove.

HazzHarry
  • Minecraft: HazzHarry

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:29 PM

Posted Image

riccardoNL
  • Minecraft: riccardoNL

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:32 PM

Awesome!
Posted Image

OhEmEffGee
  • Minecraft: OhEmEffGee

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:33 PM

Nice Job. This looks super legit.
Posted Image

Slidedrum
  • Minecraft: milkdonny
  • PSN:Slidedrum

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:35 PM

wow, looks very nice!
Posted Image
if you would not mind doing me a favor and pressing that little + button? thanks!

Mogalen
    Mogalen

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:22 PM

So I can't open the menu, I checked controls, and changed the key to "R". Still can't open it, but I found some weird leaf guys with whips that were very powerful and almost killed me, is that from your mod? I think it is working, I just can't open the menu.
"What exactly does freedom mean, if I'm not free to be as twisted as I wanna be?" - Divide, Disturbed <3

NanoTom
    NanoTom

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:36 PM

View PostMogalen, on 25 February 2012 - 05:22 PM, said:

So I can't open the menu, I checked controls, and changed the key to "R". Still can't open it, but I found some weird leaf guys with whips that were very powerful and almost killed me, is that from your mod? I think it is working, I just can't open the menu.

Is the gamemode on RpgAdventure?

MrPopTarted

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:56 PM

This mod seems much more polished then your previous version :D I only have one slight problem...I am looking for a Warrior'g Guild, which I have the coordinates for, but whenever I open my F3 menu the game lags SO MUCH. I mean 1fps lag. Is there any other way to look at your current location?

Mogalen
    Mogalen

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:03 PM

View PostNanoTom, on 25 February 2012 - 05:36 PM, said:

Oooooh, haha, got me there :D.
"What exactly does freedom mean, if I'm not free to be as twisted as I wanna be?" - Divide, Disturbed <3

DjGyarados
  • Minecraft: DjGyarados
  • Xbox:Portugal IV

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:07 PM

Gonna try this out, looks promising. I'm also surprised it only edits the vt.class :P.
Posted Image

NanoTom
    NanoTom

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:14 PM

View PostMrPopTarted, on 25 February 2012 - 05:56 PM, said:

This mod seems much more polished then your previous version :D I only have one slight problem...I am looking for a Warrior'g Guild, which I have the coordinates for, but whenever I open my F3 menu the game lags SO MUCH. I mean 1fps lag. Is there any other way to look at your current location?

Not that I'm aware of. I was thinking of putting something like "Warriors Guild: North", do you think that would be better than the actual position?

View PostDjGyarados, on 25 February 2012 - 06:07 PM, said:

Gonna try this out, looks promising. I'm also surprised it only edits the vt.class :P.

vt.class and md.class

EDTA
    EDTA

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:18 PM

View PostNanoTom, on 25 February 2012 - 05:36 PM, said:

Ooooh, I didn't know you made a gamemode for this! That explains the issues I've been having with opening my GUI and getting skills etc.

Just 1 bug to report then: faction NPC's also spawn in survival mode. I would think this is not intended.

fuglen888

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:16 PM

like the mod so far but i liked how the skills were before in 1.7.3 else it's good :)

noobishnamerandomnumbers

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:25 PM

Either I installed it wrong or there is a bug, for me when i find one of the mobs(mage, rouge, or warrior) they dont move or even attack hostiles unless something hits them( so they can only attack skeletons if i get the skeleton to hit them first). do know if this is either?

gumptasamjikara

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:35 PM

I would defiantly get this mod if your philosophers stone recipe did not conflict with the IC2 energy Chrystal recipe.
Although I might still download it anyways , just to see what would happen.

Beedaboo
    Beedaboo

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:18 PM

I have noticed a minor bug with this mod, When you continuously abandon quest then re accept it then abandon again you get a gold bar from the Ranger Quartermaster every time you do. I don't know if it works when you do it to other guilds.

And then when I reload the world after doing this it is on survival mode not RPG adventure. Maybe this has something to do with other mods I have installed?

Miningguy1996.
  • Minecraft: MiningGuy1996

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:22 PM

YES!! I've been waiting for this mod for a long time!

bigbrain74
  • Minecraft: bigbrain74

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:25 PM

Facepalm for philosophers stone.

Alright, I've been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade..Make life take the lemons back! GET MAD! I don't want your dang lemons, what am I supposed to do with these?!!?! Demand to see Life's manager, make Life rue the day it thought it could give BigBrain74 lemons. Do you know who I am!?! I am the man who is going to burn your house down! .. With the lemons. I am going to get my engineers to invent a combustable lemon that burns your house down!

x_n1nja_xMC
  • Minecraft: x_n1nja_x

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:35 PM

Looks Awesome cant wait to try it  :D

impodax
    impodax

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Minecraft: Impodax

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:18 PM

Nice ! *download*