Latest News Article

Trieng to make server but says"Cant keep up"

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Lukachacha
  • Minecraft: lukacha

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:47 PM

I am trieng to make a sever and when it is done uploading somthing there says:
[WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?
[WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?

I need help!

View PostLukachacha, on 24 February 2012 - 03:38 PM, said:

I need help!

Its not working so could anyone answer or help me with teamviever?

I need help!

Register or log in to remove.

skazazes97

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:47 PM

View PostLukachacha, on 24 February 2012 - 03:43 PM, said:

I need help!

I need help!

Your server needs more ram dedicated to it. I will tell you haow but you need to answer some questions first. Is it the server that you got from minecraft.net or is it a modified server? And also how musch ram does your computer have?

Lukachacha
  • Minecraft: lukacha

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:49 PM

View Postskazazes97, on 24 February 2012 - 03:47 PM, said:

Your server needs more ram dedicated to it. I will tell you haow but you need to answer some questions first. Is it the server that you got from minecraft.net or is it a modified server? And also how musch ram does your computer have?

it is from minecraft.net im trieng to make that first.

and also 3 ram

KTN
    KTN

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:53 PM

can't say much more that the others have, but shouldn't this be in ther server forums, rather than the mod forums?
Posted Image

KoopaFreak
  • Minecraft: KoopaFreak600

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:00 PM

Usually the problem is when I get that message is that I either don't have enough RAM on my computer but I usually have to do something in the config of the server or restart my computer or you might just not have enough RAM in your computer so you might need to buy some but I think that would be too much of a hassle because you don't know if you need it or not. :Pig:
Posted Image

makermod1
    makermod1

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1207 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:08 PM

oh.. wrong section, also, that means your pcs not anywhere near powerful to run it in most cases..  the cant keep up error can happen with a couple of bugs and in that case its fine.. but if its being spammed like that, I dont know, I have 8 gigs of ram aswell as a quad core I5 3.10GHZ and a GTX 550TI... I dont get that message haha
Posted Image

MrBestor

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:31 PM

you could also make sure your running 64bit java on your computer if you have a 64bit os and launch the server.jar using a bat file and assign more memory to the server.

something like this

@ECHO OFF
"C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\javaw.exe" -Xmx8192M -Xms8192M -jar "C:\Users\<yournamehere>\Desktop\testserver\minecraft_server.jar"

thats a copy of my bat. you might have to chage memory amount depending on your computers memory. if you only have 3 gb then you might strugle as windows will already be using a big chunk of that.

also the paths will need changed to the location of your java location and your server location on your computer.

also this realy should be moved to the server section mod type dudes.

DarthBane2010

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:38 PM

"trying"

MineDoGgLe

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:39 PM

View PostLukachacha, on 24 February 2012 - 03:49 PM, said:

it is from minecraft.net im trieng to make that first.

and also 3 ram
3 RAM what? Gigabytes? Terrabytes? Megabytes? Kilobytes? Maybe just normal bytes? Be more specific.
Posted Image Goodness me, I need to get this addiction under control...

tomtom2k8
  • Minecraft: tomtom2k8

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:38 PM

Hello i have the same problem and i have intel core i5-2300 CPU 2.80 ghz  8 GB ram

why is it still say time change overload or something like that.. and it goes like 5 min and the server is crashing ? have 79.6 in upload and download speed

FusedIon
  • Minecraft: FusedIon

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:21 PM

Stop replying guys its in the wrong section!
I like things that do things.

beardeddragonpowpow

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:48 AM

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image help same thing 2.00 giga ram and minecraft.net HELP!Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Caverin
    Caverin

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:38 PM

wrong section doesnt mean you shouldnt reply... owned.