Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Fortune III enchantment.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

HoundDawg3
  • Minecraft: HoundDawg3

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:49 AM

So I've been playing on an SMP server, and I've been killing blazes to get around 35 levels of xp, for Fortune III (for diamonds, of course :P). The MineCraft wiki said that Fortune III requires around 35 levels of xp, but that hardly ever works for this enchantment.  Anyway, I finally have 35 levels of xp, but have heard that there's a low chance of actually getting the enchantment you want. So how can I be most sure of getting Fortune III? The tool is a diamond pick, btw. What's the average level required, chances of getting it, etc. Thanks!

Register or log in to remove.

Peppe
    Peppe

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1215 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:08 AM

http://pernsteiner.o.../Fortune_3.html

If you want to get it in the fewest diamond picks then 50 is your answer,  Average 3.6 diamond picks to get.  If you want the best chance at the lowest xp cost then level 45 is the answer average 4.2 diamond picks to get.

If you have saving collecting diamond until you get fortune enchant your first pick if you get lucky go harvest it.  If you don't just send a bunch of iron picks (@lvl 43 4.3 picks on average) through till you get fortune 3.

HoundDawg3

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:11 PM

View PostPeppe, on 23 February 2012 - 04:08 AM, said:

http://pernsteiner.o.../Fortune_3.html

If you want to get it in the fewest diamond picks then 50 is your answer,  Average 3.6 diamond picks to get.  If you want the best chance at the lowest xp cost then level 45 is the answer average 4.2 diamond picks to get.

If you have saving collecting diamond until you get fortune enchant your first pick if you get lucky go harvest it.  If you don't just send a bunch of iron picks (@lvl 43 4.3 picks on average) through till you get fortune 3.
Thanks! I tried it around 45 and got Unbreaking III, Efficiency III, and Fortune II. Pretty good for what it's worth!

cookingfat

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:41 PM

glad you got your pick, I must have been lucky too.  The first time I enchanted anything I got a diamond pick with efficiency IV, Unbreaking III and Fortune III.  The second one I got efficiency IV, Unbreaking III and Silk touch I.

both were between 45 and 50 XP.

HoundDawg3

Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:02 AM

View Postcookingfat, on 24 February 2012 - 01:41 PM, said:

glad you got your pick, I must have been lucky too.  The first time I enchanted anything I got a diamond pick with efficiency IV, Unbreaking III and Fortune III.  The second one I got efficiency IV, Unbreaking III and Silk touch I.

Nice! I need to shoot for 45-50 next time, then.

tydroguy
    tydroguy

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Minecraft: daryn94

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:05 PM

i cant get a fortune pick at all, gone thru like 15 diamond picks and each enchant is lvl 30 -_-

wilum1
    wilum1

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 801 posts
  • Minecraft: wilum1

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:30 PM

I'm having the same problem with Silk Touch... I believe it's totally random though, so while you have a better chance with higher levels, you just have to keep trying! I'm looking forward to enchanting books though, as then I can just keep doing that until I get an enchantment I actually want to use on my equipment.

RebzO1
    RebzO1

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 436 posts
  • Minecraft: RebzO1

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:43 PM

View Postcookingfat, on 24 February 2012 - 01:41 PM, said:

i have a couple of both of these an always repair them even though its expensive as far as xp goes i always carry these :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

The_Jakal

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:49 PM

i was wondering about that myself.
Posted Image

nintyboy245
    nintyboy245

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1154 posts
  • Minecraft: mega245

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:00 PM

Good job bumping a thread that was made in FEBRUARY!!!

Posted Image

Bacon_is_not_3

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:41 PM

it took me 1 diamond pick before i got my fortune III pick if this is any help they were both level 30 enchantments