• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

same wifi...but cant connect to eachother

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

willyg420

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:34 AM

I'm sooooo frustrated I've tried everything...I have 2 HTC phones..one a rezound and one an inspire. we live in the pad on the same WiFi... But no matter what I try it just keeps scanning for WiFi it finds nothing. Please help! Otherwise im getting a refund cus the program doesn't work.

Register or log in to remove.

Deevil768
    Deevil768

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3500 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:08 AM

View Postwillyg420, on 22 February 2012 - 02:34 AM, said:

I'm sooooo frustrated I've tried everything...I have 2 HTC phones..one a rezound and one an inspire. we live in the pad on the same WiFi... But no matter what I try it just keeps scanning for WiFi it finds nothing. Please help! Otherwise im getting a refund cus the program doesn't work.
They're both yours? Maybe because there the same game for the same person (you) bought from the same account, they might not connect? Just guessing :)
Posted Image

Crashboy
    Crashboy

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • Minecraft: Crashboy

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:09 AM

Have you tried letting it sit there for 5-10 minutes? Even on my wifi, which is excellent, it sometimes takes up to 5 minutes to connect to my friends iPhone. Also, make sure that the person not searching is in a world, and has it visible. It should, by default, be on. But you can check on the menu page right off of the inventory.

MealsonCraft

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:13 AM

I had a this same problem, however it turned out my iPhone was connected to 3G... Otherwise make sure the world is visible. Hope I helped!

maleaco
    maleaco

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:34 AM

View PostMealsonCraft, on 22 February 2012 - 03:13 AM, said:

I had a this same problem, however it turned out my iPhone was connected to 3G... Otherwise make sure the world is visible. Hope I helped!
Thanks, fixed an issue my brother was having
I love women, but I love minecraft more Posted Image

willyg420

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:17 AM

YYea I just left it scanning for 30 min lol

willyg420

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:11 PM

BBump...cmon guys I need answers..can someone atleast tell me an email or number for tech support..I cant find one anywhere

Seegggaaaaa

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:17 PM

do you have the server visible?
Posted Image

willyg420

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:49 PM

YYes the server is visable...everything is the way it should be ive been messing with this for weeks...I wish I could contact them I want a refund...but they do not have any contact info

Seegggaaaaa

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:01 AM

View Postwillyg420, on 22 February 2012 - 11:49 PM, said:

YYes the server is visable...everything is the way it should be ive been messing with this for weeks...I wish I could contact them I want a refund...but they do not have any contact info

...... its not their fault that your wifi router wont let you do LAN hosts... plus the apps are on a no refund market.
Posted Image

willyg420

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:21 AM

Ive tried 9 differnt routers....so that's a non issue...im a network / computer engineer so I'm no moron when it comes to this..and I dont even care so much about a refund I just think their product should work if thwy are selling it. And should also have some sort of support..not to much to ask.

nleiknl
    nleiknl

Iron Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 285 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:49 AM

Set up a wifi hotspot with your phone and let the other phone connect to it. This works for me.
Posted Image

PANCAKE_Inc

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:23 AM

View Postwillyg420, on 22 February 2012 - 11:49 PM, said:

A refund just because multiplayer doesnt work?!?
Posted Image
I like pancakes :P

coolpop18
    coolpop18

Mathematical Dessert

• Members
  • 314 posts
  • Minecraft: coolpop18

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:49 AM

1. Server visible
2. Check your connection
3. Reopen your game
Posted Image

Followr
    Followr

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:21 PM

My Girlfriend and I both have T-mobile MyTouches and when we try to connect to each other it never works. Its funny because we can both play minecraft off our computers together on the same connection. I have honestly come to the conclusion that specific phones just don't work with this feature. I gave up trying to connect a long time ago.

TrojanMan2014

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:45 PM

I have the same problme with my htc evo 4g. I can get on other peoples servers but I cant host mine. Not sure whats goin on.

iCerberuz
  • Minecraft: iCerberuz

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:53 PM

Check you router make sure it lets your devices connect to each other. I had the same problem and it was the router that didn't let us connect to each other.
Need to put Pocket Edition on my Vending Machine Don't you think?

normansdog

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:04 PM

I had this problem with an iPod and an iPhone. It worked when I started the game on the iPod and started "join a game" which then started the wifi game search. I also started the game on the iPhone, then I let the iphone go to sleep. When I woke the iPhone the iPod suddenly saw it and connected. Now that the connection exists it works no problem, I assume that the IP addresses of the devices is stored(?) so that they can find each other.

bluntk1ng420

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:01 AM

make sure its not an open wifi. if its open it wont work. try wifi tether if u have root on one. if u need help with root il give u links and il guide u through it