Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

iOS and Android: Convert your Creative maps to Survival!

Creative Survival Change Convert iOS Android Pocket Edition Minecraft

  • Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1

VelosityHD

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:18 AM

IMPORTANT: AS YOU ARE GOING THROUGH THE STEPS MAKE SURE YOU ARE TAKING YOUR CREATIVE CHUNKS.DAT AND OVERWRITING YOUR SURVIVAL CHUNKS.DAT.. IF YOU DO THIS THE OTHER WAY AROUND, YOU WILL LOSE ALL OF YOUR HARD WORK IN YOUR CREATIVE MODE AND BE LEFT WITH AN EMPTY SURVIVAL MODE

This is a tutorial on how to change your creative mode creations into a survival mode creation without losing all of your hard work and time to recreate it in Survival mode!



Open this video in Youtube and check the description for the text tutorial!
-GlycolysisHD (VelosityHD)


This works on iOS AND Android!

For android users you must have a computer handy.
Its the same steps you just have to copy your chunks.dat from creative and overwrite the Survival chunks.dat

Please hit that green plus mark over there ----->
OR Subscribe and like the video I have shown you!
I took the time to make the video and the TuT on how to do this
You should be able to take a second and thank me Posted Image
It will keep me motivated to helping YOU out! Posted Image

GarysCocoPuffs is the one who found this trick out on Android
This is his TUT for Android: http://www.minecraft...1#entry12907375

For help with this TUT, message me on:
Skype: Glycolysis
YouTube: GlycolysisHD
iMessage: [email protected]

Register or log in to remove.

#2

CreeperAssassin96
  • Location: USA
  • Minecraft: Kojondo96

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:00 AM

Thanks! This really helped me bro!
Posted Image

#3

maleaco
    maleaco

    Zombie Killer

  • Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:35 AM

I had no idea this could be done, thanks
I love women, but I love minecraft more Posted Image

#4

VelosityHD

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:42 AM

Yeah no problem! :) glad I could help!

#5

BlaiseSt
  • Location: District 9 3/4, living with my wizard dad and tribute brothers and sisters.

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:56 AM

View PostVelosityHD, on 22 February 2012 - 02:18 AM, said:

This is a tutorial on how to change your creative mode creations into a survival mode creation without losing all of your hard work and time to recreate it in Survival mode!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWpJLoJ2EOI

Open this video in Youtube and check the description for the text tutorial!
-GlycolysisHD (VelosityHD)
Do you know if you can do this on MyFile too?

#6

VelosityHD

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:27 PM

View PostBlaiseSt, on 22 February 2012 - 03:56 AM, said:

Do you know if you can do this on MyFile too?

As far as i know, yes. You just need to access the system files like I did in the video. You can also take the more complicated route if you want and SSH into your iDevice's files. Just so long as you follow the steps its not that hard to make the connection on how to do it with OpenSSH or MyFile.

What makes this works if your chunks.dat is your block locations and all that: Your level data on what you have built.
When you copy the Chunks.dat over the chunks.dat in the survival save, it keeps the survival physics but puts your pre-built level into the game.

#7

GarysCocoPuffs

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:16 PM

This is how you do it on Android:

http://www.minecraft...ds-to-survival/

#8

BlaiseSt
  • Location: District 9 3/4, living with my wizard dad and tribute brothers and sisters.

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:04 PM

View PostVelosityHD, on 22 February 2012 - 01:27 PM, said:

As far as i know, yes. You just need to access the system files like I did in the video. You can also take the more complicated route if you want and SSH into your iDevice's files. Just so long as you follow the steps its not that hard to make the connection on how to do it with OpenSSH or MyFile.

What makes this works if your chunks.dat is your block locations and all that: Your level data on what you have built.
When you copy the Chunks.dat over the chunks.dat in the survival save, it keeps the survival physics but puts your pre-built level into the game.
Alright! Thanks for the help!

#9

Chimperator

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:45 PM

Thanks man this goes with I Exploreer too Guys :Sheep:

#10

VelosityHD

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:25 PM

View PostChimperator, on 22 February 2012 - 04:45 PM, said:

Thanks man this goes with I Exploreer too Guys :Sheep:

Okay sweet! thanks for the info! ill update my tut and all that!

#11

Zilvergod

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:47 PM

F*ck... There goes my 2 months hard work...
It just gave me the survival world on my creative and all ive made is now gone....
Was planning to make a map called Zilvergod - The Rise of Evil....
But not anymore :-(

#12

VelosityHD

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:43 AM

View PostZilvergod, on 22 February 2012 - 11:47 PM, said:

F*ck... There goes my 2 months hard work...
It just gave me the survival world on my creative and all ive made is now gone....
Was planning to make a map called Zilvergod - The Rise of Evil....
But not anymore :-(

You copied the survival over to your creative :/ sorry man.. im starting to see people are having a problem with that .. Ill edit the instructions around a bit maybe that will help people not make that mistake. As for your world, im sorry to hear that man. theres nothing i know of that can be done.

#13

KingRaaa

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:03 AM

Thanks, it worked a charm for the first million times.
Then I did heaps of work in creative, with the intention of making it survival to hex in some blocks to make it better. Now when I open the app, it gives a white screen and nothing else...only happens when I change my creative to survival.
Help?

#14

VelosityHD

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:36 PM

View PostKingRaaa, on 24 February 2012 - 06:03 AM, said:

Thanks, it worked a charm for the first million times.
Then I did heaps of work in creative, with the intention of making it survival to hex in some blocks to make it better. Now when I open the app, it gives a white screen and nothing else...only happens when I change my creative to survival.
Help?

It probably has something to do with you hexing in some more blocks. I'm not to sure, like I havent really messed around with hex editing for minecraft too much. Try to save your world in iFile or whatever you use, then redownload the app without hex editing more blocks in. I honestly have no idea man. I only hex edit stuff for consol games, not mobile divices. But it does sound like a mishap with hexing though, because i dont understand why if it worked many times before but then stops. so It has to be just bad luck or the hex editing.

#15

VelosityHD

Posted 04 March 2012 - 04:53 AM

NEW: I've added new contact info to the post as I am not always on the computer! I also plan to update my video in about a week!

#16

Moosehead

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:04 AM

Hey, thanks this really helped ive been looking everywhere to convert worlds, then i found this post.Posted Image

#17

LudnicaKiller

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:02 PM

Here is a download link: http://tinyurl.com/ca9yjek