38 replies to this topic

viet
    viet

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 12:56 AM

Hi.
I'm trying to connect to a friend's server but I keep to receive this message from minecraft:
Failed To Connect to the server: Connection timed out: connect
Before beta it was all ok, I played for days without any problem,I have portforwarded and all things..

We have to wait a beta version of servers?
I checked firewall,port,router and all...
thanks

Register or log in to remove.

McFrosty
    McFrosty

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 07:38 AM

same problem here dude, it just kicked me from the server and now i cant play onlone at all, i hopw somebody finds a solution( :( )

viet
    viet

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 09:16 AM

Now it's minecraft 1.0.2 but there is still that problem...

viet
    viet

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 09:40 AM

Sometimes (only with the map I used with my friends in alpha) I got this error:  lost connection: Internal exception: java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: recv failed. Don't know what I have to do.

MRsi3nt
    MRsi3nt

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 01:29 PM

:) same here and all the other servers i try suck and are deserted
i wonder how many people will read this O.o

McFrosty
    McFrosty

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 08:42 PM

i figured out what the problem is, nobody is runing serers on beta because mods dont work on beta! so, when the mods work, people will turn the servers back on, its just that nobody is running them with no mods

ryansoper

Posted 21 December 2010 - 10:26 PM

McFrosty that isn't the issue, I'm running a server, but i can't connect to mine.

McFrosty
    McFrosty

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 01:51 AM

ryansoper said:

McFrosty that isn't the issue, I'm running a server, but i can't connect to mine.
We will have to wait on Notch to fix this problem.

shrimp782
  • Minecraft: shrimp782

Posted 24 December 2010 - 05:55 PM

I hope its ok to ----BUMP---- this thread.

I have the same problem. I even downloaded a new minecraf_server.jar and made a completely different map and everything, and the server seems to be running fine. But I can't connect, just a simple Connection timed out: Connect. Is there a fix for this yet, or did I do something wrong. It's not because of mods or anything cause I made a new world and a new server and everything.

EDIT: Well, now it works. I just had to re-open my ports for some reason...
Posted Image

McFrosty
    McFrosty

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 07:22 PM

Yea, Because minecraft works on one connection, but it will give me this message on the other connection, but after I opened my ports it worked fine :Diamond: so I guess that is what the problem is.

yocool126
  • Minecraft: yocool126

Posted 31 December 2010 - 04:04 AM

how do you open your ports, I'm a noob when it comes to computers.
Posted Image

zf
    zf

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 06:43 PM

I finally managed to fix the recv failed problem for myself.
I wrote a blog article about it:
http://randompctips.... ... fixed.html

Please ask if you still have any questions!

Araco
    Araco

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:55 PM

How do i open my ports??

rch
    rch

Minecraft.cm

• Members
  • 4104 posts
  • Minecraft: rch

Posted 29 March 2011 - 12:08 AM

Google, it's a wonderful tool.

portforward.com/routers.htm

Find your routers model # there and on the next page, hit the 'skip ad' link and then on the next page, click Minecraft Server and you'll have instructions for Minecraft.

Aurora2894

Posted 30 March 2011 - 12:09 AM

Yeah yeah, I know I'm bumping a somewhat old thread..

I've been experiencing the same exact issues no matter what I do.  Internet is fine, server is fine, router is all set up, firewall is disabled, etc., yet I keep getting this same error.

rch said:

Google, it's a wonderful tool.

portforward.com/routers.htm

Find your routers model # there and on the next page, hit the 'skip ad' link and then on the next page, click Minecraft Server and you'll have instructions for Minecraft.

I went ahead and tried this, unfortunately they have the router model, but not the correct version.  Even trying the same thing listed for the other version on my router did not help.  :SSSS:

All of my creations are listed on my about me.

sansavarous
    sansavarous

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1037 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 06:20 AM

NO BAD LET THIS THREAD DIE.

Rokhorn
    Rokhorn

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 11:04 AM

sansavarous said:

OMG dude ur a Noob! I got this problem and for u to come on and say it doesnt matter and that the £12 I spent on getting this game to enjoy (of which I do on Multi) doesnt matter is stupidly selfish and ignorant. So go piss urself.

rch
    rch

Minecraft.cm

• Members
  • 4104 posts
  • Minecraft: rch

Posted 05 April 2011 - 12:41 PM

Rokhorn said:

sansavarous said:

OMG dude ur a Noob! I got this problem and for u to come on and say it doesnt matter and that the  I spent on getting this game to enjoy (of which I do on Multi) doesnt matter is stupidly selfish and ignorant. So go piss urself.

Actually, sansavarous is one of the more helpful people on these boards and is far from a "noob".. he's actually quite wise and helpful.

Minecraft works fine.. we have tons of servers and customers using them without any issues... so if you're encountering problems, 99.99999% of the time it's because of something with your systems setup.. not an issue with Minecraft.

HunterXZ
  • Minecraft: HunterXZ

Posted 10 April 2011 - 04:20 PM

Rokhorn wrote:
sansavarous wrote:
OMG dude ur a Noob! I got this problem and for u to come on and say it doesnt matter and that the I spent on getting this game to enjoy (of which I do on Multi) doesnt matter is stupidly selfish and ignorant. So go piss urself.

rch wrote:
Actually, sansavarous is one of the more helpful people on these boards and is far from a "noob".. he's actually quite wise and helpful.

Minecraft works fine.. we have tons of servers and customers using them without any issues... so if you're encountering problems, 99.99999% of the time it's because of something with your systems setup.. not an issue with Minecraft.

Dude. I have no internet problems, i have forwarded my port , firewall disable and i have done everything and i still got this problems. So Rokhorn is right sansavarous is a noob for trying to stop us solving our problem.
Posted Image

minerdave
    minerdave

minecraftserverhost.net

• Members
  • 2115 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 05:47 PM

So if you go to: http://ping.eu/port-chk/ and type in your server ip and port it says your good to go then?
Trusted and Established Minecraft Server Hosting since Alpha in 2010.
Minecraft Server Host: www.minecraftserverhost.net
Test Servers: test.minecraft.ms | la.minecraft.ms | nyc.minecraft.ms | va.minecraft.ms
I am a representative of Minecraftserverhost.net