• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.6.4] CrazyOres - Epic Golems, Expansion Packs, Unique Armor, and much much more!

co core golems armor tools andy608 isquishall packs 1.6.4 crazy ores crazyores

• Please log in to reply
1054 replies to this topic

Poll: Packs (63 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you want packs to only be playable with the C.O. Core, or do you want them to be independant but still compatible?

1. Make the packs independant! I want to be able to pick freely without needing the C.O. Core! (27 votes [42.86%])

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

2. Make the packs independant! I don't want the C.O. Core, I'm just interested in one pack. (3 votes [4.76%])

Percentage of vote: 4.76%

3. Make some packs depedant and others not. (7 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

4. Make the packs dependant! I like having the C.O. Core there as a base mod. (26 votes [41.27%])

Percentage of vote: 41.27%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Andy608
    Andy608

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • Minecraft: Andy608

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:23 AM

POPULAR

Posted Image

Are you tired of the simple ores Minecraft has to offer? Diggy, diggy hole, just isn't what it used to be in Alpha? Well now, when you install CrazyOres, you get the full experience!

Please read! IT’S HERE!!! CrazyOres has finally been updated! CrazyOres has been completely rewritten for a new, smooth experience! We are now breaking CrazyOres into “packs”, so that you can create the CrazyOres experience that you want. For now, we only have the primary CO Core pack available, including all of the basic ores, tools, armor, golems, and blocks. Read all about this in the News section below.

Posted Image

• CrazyOres has evolved over the years to become a one of a kind, customizable experience. CrazyOres will soon come in a variety of different packs, which each have their own unique additions. For this reason, some content has been temporarily removed, so that they can be added to their own exclusive packs in the future. Each pack will require the main “CO Core” base mod in order to run, and will add a variety of fun, exciting experiences for every player! *Note: These packs are in the works, and have not yet been developed, however, if you are following the post, you will be notified when a pack is ready for release.

• There are now a whopping 18 ores in CrazyOres! The new ores include Adamite, Tapazite, Osmonium, Experium, Invisium, Luminite, DarkStone, Ender, and Ultra! All of these ores are explained the CO Core section below. So now, you can go in any dimension and find a CrazyOres ore!

• Each golem has now been completely remodeled! The golems now represent their ores properly. The fool’s ruby golem is a tiny weakling, while the starconium golem is a massive hulk! Check out the pictures in the CO Core section.

Posted Image

Most Recent Download (MC 1.6.4):

MediaFire CO Core V1.0(MC 1.6.4)

Important! If you've had CrazyOres in the past, delete the file "CrazyOres.cfg" in your "config" folder (if present)! Unfortunately, no older CrazyOres worlds will work since the mod has been completely rewritten.

Older version downloads:

Posted Image

CO Core can be played without any other packs if preferred, as it is the main, base pack of CrazyOres. Although no other packs have been released yet, you can easily add other packs in the future if you would like to enhance your Minecraft experience!

Posted Image

CO Core adds a ton of different ores that spawn in all of Minecraft's dimensions! Redesigned, epic golem models, 18 ores with their own unique abilities, a furnace that can smelt multiple blocks at once, and much more!

Posted Image
Here are all of the recipes currently in the CO Core pack!

Posted Image
A picture of everything meteorite.

Meteorite is a reddish glowing ore that spawns in the overworld. If you find meteorite, you will have an 80% chance of the ore dropping meteorite coal, and a 20% chance of it dropping a meteorite gem. When wearing a full set of meteorite armor, you will be fire/lava resistant. Also, when using meteorite tools and you right click on the ground, it creates a fire. When using a meteorite sword to hit an entity, it sets them on fire.

Posted Image
A picture of everything copper.

Copper is a bright orange ore that spawns in the overworld. If you find copper, it will drop the block itself, and must be smelted in order to obtain a copper ingot. Copper buckets can be crafted, and used just like regular buckets. More recipes will come out for them as other packs are released.

Posted Image
A picture for everything sapphire.

Sapphire is a bright blue ore that spawns in the overworld. If you find sapphire, it will drop a sapphire gem.

Posted Image
A picture of everything adamite.

Adamite is a bright yellow ore that spawns in the overworld. If you find adamite, it will drop an adamite shard. When wearing a full set of adamite armor, you will be able to breathe underwater.

Posted Image
A picture of everything ruby.

Ruby is a bright red ore that spawns in the overworld. If you find ruby, it will drop a ruby gem.

Posted Image
A picture of everything fool's ruby.

Fool's Ruby is an ore that looks almost identical to ruby, except for some minor differences. If you find fool’s ruby, it will randomly drop between 1 - 4 fool’s ruby gems. Be careful though, as making a fool’s ruby block, and then mining it again will drop fool’s ruby mush, which is useless! Use your blocks wisely. Fool’s ruby cannot make tools or armor.

Posted Image
A picture of everything zectium.

Zectium is a light green ore that spawns in the overworld. If you find zectium, it will drop the block itself, and must be smelted in order to obtain a zectium ingot.

Posted Image
A picture of everything tapazite.

Tapazite is a light pink ore that spawns in the overworld. If you find tapazite, it will drop a tapazite gem. If you are wearing a full set of tapazite armor, you will be resistant to any kind of blast or explosion. Although this armor provides great protection, you will walk slower at random times.

Posted Image
A picture of everything crystal.

Crystal is a bluish-whitish ore that spawns in the overworld. If you find crystal, it will drop a crystal shard.

Posted Image
A picture of everything osmonium.

Osmonium is a light blue ore that spawns in the overworld. If you find osmonium, it will drop the block itself, and must be smelted in order to obtain a osmonium ingot. When wearing a full set of osmonium armor, your walking and running speed will increase, but osmonium isn’t the best ore for protection.

Posted Image
A picture of everything starconium.

Starconium is a light purple ore that spawns in the overworld. If you find starconium, it will drop a starconium shard. Starconium can be used to make a different type of tool that acts as a pickaxe, axe, shovel, and sword all in one. This tool is called a sledgehammer.

Posted Image
A picture of everything experium.

Experium is a very light green ore that spawns in the overworld. If you find experium, it will drop a ton of experience orbs, and randomly drop between 0 - 5 orb items that can be crafted into bottles o’ enchanting when combined with a glass bottle.

Posted Image
A picture of everything demonite.

Demonite is a dark red ore that spawns in the nether. If you find demonite, it will randomly drop between 1 - 3 demonite orbs. Demonite can be used to make a double smelting furnace, called the demonite furnace.

Posted Image
A picture of everything invisium.

Invisium is a brown ore that spawns in the nether. If you find invisium, it will drop the block itself, and must be smelted in order to obtain an invisium ingot. Any invisium items will make an entity invisible for 50 seconds, including arrows shot from a bow. (Armor may become invisible in the future when the player toggles it, but this is not confirmed yet).

Luminite changes colors and spawns in the nether. If you find luminite, it will drop a white luminite crystal. The more in-depth features of this ore will be in the Decorations Pack (coming soon), but there aren’t any other features as of now.

DarkStone is a black ore that spawns in the nether. If you find darkstone, it will drop the block itself, and must be smelted in order to obtain a darkstone ingot. The more in-depth features of this ore will be in the Decorations Pack (coming soon), but there aren’t any other features as of now.

Posted Image
A picture of everything ender.

Ender is a bluish black ore that spawns in the end. If you find ender, it will drop an ender gem. When wearing a full set of ender armor, it will absorb any fall damage you take. Ender isn’t the best ore for protection, and won’t make a noise when it breaks, so be careful!

Ultra is a jet black ore that spawns in the end. If you find ultra, it will drop an ultra gem. The more in-depth features of this ore will be in the Decorations Pack (coming soon), but there aren’t any other features as of now.

Posted Image

Client:
  • Download the Minecraft Forge installer, and install Minecraft Forge in your client. Make sure you have a fresh minecraft.jar. (MC Forge client installation instructions here)
  • WINDOWS: Go to the Start Menu (Start Screen for Windows 8 users) and search for “%appdata%". MAC: Open Finder and go to “/Library/Application Support/”.
  • Open the “minecraft” folder, then open “mods”. Download the CO Core pack from the link in the Download section, and then drop the .zip in the “mods” folder.
  • If you’ve had CrazyOres in the past (otherwise skip this step), check the “config” folder under “minecraft” and delete the file “CrazyOres.cfg” if present.
  • Launch Minecraft and enjoy the new CrazyOres experience!

Server:
  • Download the Minecraft Forge installer, and select a folder to install Minecraft Forge in your server (MC Forge server installation instructions here)
  • Open your server folder. Open “mods”. Download the CO Core pack from the link in the Download section, and then drop the .zip in the “mods” folder.
  • Install CO Core in your client, and tell anyone who is going to join the server to install it in theirs, so everyone can play.
  • Launch your server and force your friends to come play!

Posted Image

Q: Why do I not see CrazyOres stuff in my world?
A:
Make sure the CO Core .zip file is in your “mods” directory! Also, make sure that the most recent recommended version of Minecraft Forge for 1.6.4 is installed.

Q: Why does Minecraft crash, with CrazyOres mentioned in the report?
A:
Is there a mod conflict? Did you accidentally delete some files in the .zip? Did you download the wrong MC Forge version? Is there an ID conflict between two mods? Otherwise, the problem may be with a different mod. If it still crashes, please post the crash report in a new comment on this post. Maybe you discovered a bug!

Q: Why is all of my stuff from older CrazyOres worlds gone or messed up???
A:
During the 1.6 update, the IDs were changed to organize the mod better. This erases or changes any items/blocks with old IDs. Sorry!

Q: How do I change my IDs?
A:
Open the “config” directory in your minecraft folder. Open the “CrazyOres.cfg” file with any text editor.  Search for the item/block you want to modify and change the number after it. Save, and you’re done!

Q: Why is some stuff from older updates gone?
A:
During the process of updating, many items were temporarily removed, and will be put back into the mod in other packs. This includes nukes, glass/panes, mixture tools/gems, copper milk bucket, chocolate cake, hot chocolate, crystal core, condensed blocks, some demonite furnace recipes, dispensers, and barriers. Info about packs are written in the CO Core info section, so be sure to check it out if you want to learn more. However, Hyper Coal and Molten Glass have been permanently removed.

Q: Can I add CrazyOres to my mod pack?
A:
You must ask Andy608 for permission to use this mod in your mod pack, and receive a response from him that says you may put the mod in your mod pack. See the Terms of Use towards the end of the post for more details.

Q: Can I make a video or resource pack for your mod?
A:
Of course! It would be appreciated if you link to this post in your video description or post/website. You do not have to ask for permission to make videos or resource packs, but feel free to post in the comments a link to your video/resource pack. If we like it, we may even link to it within this original post!

Q: Hey! You copied Terraria, with the meteorite and demonite! Why?
A:
Actually, we did not know at the time of naming these ores that they were in Terraria. We did not steal the names, we completely thought of them on our own, however, it just so happened they are also in Terraria. Whoopsies!

Posted Image

Spoiler:

Posted Image

Thanks to PopularMMOs for the awesome video!

Posted Image

Spoiler:

Posted Image

This document is Copyright ©(2012) and is the intellectual property of the author. Only Minecraftforum.net is able to host any of my material without my (Andy608) consent. It may not be placed on any web site or otherwise distributed publicly without advance written permission. This includes using my (Andy608) mod in a mod pack. You may not modify my (Andy608) mod or modify the banner without advanced written permission. You may not copy or use the textures used in my (Andy608) mod without advanced written permission UNLESS it is for a resource pack that will include support for my (Andy608) mod. If you mirror this mod page or anything I've (Andy608) made on any other site, or violate anything else listed in this Terms of Use, I (Andy608) may express my angst at you in the form of a lawsuit.

Posted Image

• Andy608(Founder of CrazyOres) for starting the development of CrazyOres and creating all of the images you see on this post/in game!
  • ISQUISHALL(Co-Developer of CrazyOres) for helping out hugely with the development of CrazyOres over the years!
  • LexManos and anyone else who helped out to make Minecraft Forge!
  • cpw for the amazing Forge Mod Loader!
  • The MCP Team for the great Minecraft Coder Pack!
  • Ladon_Dragon, for the ideas of Copper Bowls, Copper Buckets, and Glass for every ore!
  • DemonAngel90, for the idea of Golems for every ore!

LIKE THE MOD? PLEASE USE ONE OF THESE BANNERS TO SHOW SUPPORT!

Posted Image

Here is the code for the signature:

[url="http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1042056-124-crazyores-v41/"][img]http://i40.tinypic.com/bj8w87.png[/img][/url]

Simply put this in your signature window to enable. (Make sure the signature window is on the code version for it to work properly) Thanks for your support!

Posted Image

Here is the code for the signature:

[url="http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1042056-124-crazyores-v41/"][img]http://i44.tinypic.com/xdicma.png[/img][/url]

Simply put this in your signature window to enable. (Make sure the signature window is on the code version for it to work properly) Thanks for your support!

Register or log in to remove.

Ultimate172
  • Minecraft: Ultimate117

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:24 AM

Very nice! +1!!
Kingdom Realms, a once-popular text-based game
If my post helped you, please click the (+) at the bottom right!

CNCraft
    CNCraft

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Minecraft: CNCraft

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:25 AM

Great Mod. Trying it right now.

Andy608
    Andy608

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:26 AM

View PostUltimate172, on 20 February 2012 - 04:24 AM, said:

Very nice! +1!!
Thanks glad you like it :D

Posted Image

Ian5133
    Ian5133

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 574 posts
  • Minecraft: Ian5133

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:27 AM

Really, I respect your work, but mods like this are pointless. There's nothing unique, no interesting functionality, no revolutionary creations.
Posted Image

Andy608
    Andy608

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:27 AM

View PostCNCraft, on 20 February 2012 - 04:25 AM, said:

Great Mod. Trying it right now.
Thanks! I'm planning on putting out more mods soon!

Posted Image

ShortGamer
  • Minecraft: Shortgamer

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:28 AM

looks cool
Posted Image

Sinisters_Textures
  • Minecraft: Mister_Sinister

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:28 AM

I love it! Fantastic work; the ores aren't too weird, they actually fit into the Minecraft theme, +1 for you!

Andy608
    Andy608

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:29 AM

View PostIan5133, on 20 February 2012 - 04:27 AM, said:

Really, I respect your work, but mods like this are pointless. There's nothing unique, no interesting functionality, no revolutionary creations.
I respect your opinion, but this is also only the first version of the release, more to come soon, with unique abilities.

Posted Image

TehEndlessKnight
  • Minecraft: TheEndlessKnight

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:29 AM

Nice, but but can you write down the uses and strengths of each ore =D

Regicidal
    Regicidal

Gold Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 385 posts
  • Xbox:Nope, PS3

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:30 AM

Hm, doesn't look bad, I'll test this out.

Posted Image

Andy608
    Andy608

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 342 posts

View PostSinisters_Textures, on 20 February 2012 - 04:28 AM, said:

I love it! Fantastic work; the ores aren't too weird, they actually fit into the Minecraft theme, +1 for you!
Thanks! Happy you enjoy it.

Posted Image

Ketaros
    Ketaros

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • Minecraft: Ketaros

Man, that can be cool, if that IS a start for something more meaningfull...
Just add more ores, tools and armors are not enought... It improoves the fun? how? even better: improoves the challenge?

Keep the good work! But bring more meaning, thats my hint. :)

Posted Image

FlimFlam6
  • Minecraft: imabanana17
  • Xbox:xXSlimkyXx

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:31 AM

Nice job! Might be good for a project my friends and i are working on.

Also, ShortGamer, Homies Unite!

You know what would also be epic? A brain! First you put it in your head, then you use it!
Most people spawn with one but I guess you didn't because of a bug.

Wumbologist

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:31 AM

Looks great! Downloading it now, hopefully it'll spice up my Minecraft. :) I've been waiting for a mod like this.
Posted Image

Andy608
    Andy608

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:32 AM

View PostKetaros, on 20 February 2012 - 04:30 AM, said:

Man, that can be cool, if that IS a start for something more meaningfull...
Just add more ores, tools and armors are not enought... It improoves the fun? how? even better: improoves the challenge?

Keep the good work! But bring more meaning, thats my hint. :)
Thanks for the suggestions! More to come soon.

Posted Image

Somohexual

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:35 AM

View PostIan5133, on 20 February 2012 - 04:27 AM, said:

I think mods like this serve as a stepping stone for new modders. They can develop their Java skills by receiving invaluable feedback from the community and we all know the best way to learn is by doing. Thomas Edison's very first invention wasn't the Light Bulb, everyone has to start somewhere.

Just my two cents.

TehEndlessKnight
  • Minecraft: TheEndlessKnight

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:35 AM

you should make fire armor and weapons for the meteorite ore

CNCraft
    CNCraft

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Minecraft: CNCraft

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:38 AM

The mod works great! :)

Andy608
    Andy608

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:40 AM

View PostTehEndlessKnight, on 20 February 2012 - 04:35 AM, said:

you should make fire armor and weapons for the meteorite ore
Yeah, I'm going to add that in an update, when 1.2 comes out.

View PostCNCraft, on 20 February 2012 - 04:38 AM, said:

The mod works great! :)
Nice. Have fun with it!

Posted Image