• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

disconnect.overflow?

• Please log in to reply
217 replies to this topic

Geisteskranken

Posted 20 December 2010 - 06:37 PM

Ever since I got the new minecraft beta, it's been giving me the error "(user) lost connection: disconnect.overflow" while using vanilla minecraft_server.

What does this mean? o.O

Register or log in to remove.

yottabyte
    yottabyte

Forum/Wiki Sponsor

• Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 06:40 PM

Yeah, we are getting this all the time, too. Unable to play :SSSS:

Posted Image

Ghostbird

Posted 20 December 2010 - 06:43 PM

Same problem here. This thread is the first mention of this on the web as far as Google and I know, so it's a new bug. I can connect no problem from localhost to my server. External players get disconnect.overflow.
Integrate the World and Nether in stacked chunks. Physics more DF2 like. Persistent water with pressure, sources unmovable, drinking required, water pumps.

cbromley
    cbromley

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 06:46 PM

Me too, seems to happen when the cpu hits 100%. Server's fine when no one's in, but as soon as 1 player joins it hits 100% within a few seconds. I'm going to update java and see if that helps.

Geisteskranken

Posted 20 December 2010 - 06:47 PM

From a quick read I saw, it has something to do with the coding inside the jar file.

Ryssus
    Ryssus

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 06:50 PM

Hi. Same problem here. Does anyone have an idea why?

TheRyanMC

Posted 20 December 2010 - 06:49 PM

Seeing the same thing as well. Can't stay connected for more than a few seconds.

Geisteskranken

Posted 20 December 2010 - 06:52 PM

It's a "send buffer overflow"

read this:
http://getsatisfacti... ... erflow_fix

(Note: The fix doesn't work anymore. )

tylerdola

Posted 20 December 2010 - 06:59 PM

Argh!! Was playing fine on Alpha this morning, connecting to my server at home. Now updated to Beta and I get this error. The disconnect.overflow with a java.io.EOFException on my client side.

Notch said that most of the bug fixes will be worked on tomorrow. Guess I wait :P

revivemorrison

Posted 20 December 2010 - 06:59 PM

This morning this error is happening to our server too.

In Alpha I had the server running on XP with dual 3.0ghz cpu, other then a bit of lag sometimes, worked fine.

Now in Beta, I can connect to the server on the same computer, but external connections are removed from the disconnect.overflow, even if I'm not connected. I've got barely anything on CPU load, so if the spike is whats causing the crash (like when someone connects and loads chunks) how can we just give a bigger cushion in the coding for that spike until things settle down in game?

Geisteskranken

Posted 20 December 2010 - 07:02 PM

From what I can tell, there is no fix that we can personally do, unless hey0 comes to the rescue. (If you use hey0)

Other than that, all we can do is wait.

revivemorrison

Posted 20 December 2010 - 07:08 PM

This is worse than realizing you don't have any beer at 4:55 and the liquor store closes at 5. (addiction wise)

Some serious bugs on top of that disconnect.overflow too, duplicating items and random damage to items... sadly, time is the answer as you said :iapprove:

Kamern
    Kamern

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 07:10 PM

I too have this issue :iapprove:

Memn4rch

Posted 20 December 2010 - 07:13 PM

Yup, same here.
Just thought its myAtheros again...some kind of "good" to see more people with it.

On Alpha i used Linux to host an Play cause Windows didnt work, now in Beta i tested Win(linux not yet) and my friends disconnected with the mentionen error.

Greets
Memn4rch
Posted Image

Avernikas

Posted 20 December 2010 - 07:15 PM

Same problem here....
Posted Image

logicbomb

Posted 20 December 2010 - 07:20 PM

Same problem here.  I am Sad panda.

zipfe
    zipfe

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 07:30 PM

Just so that you guys don't feel lonely, same problem here. Server ran just fine before that, with many players.

Generating another (temp) map helped a bit, now at least some can stay, but haven't seen more than 5 players on at the same time, yet.

Ins1d3r
    Ins1d3r

Carpenter

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 07:46 PM

Every player gets disconnected now, was playing with up to 15-30 players before the update.

imodatlife
  • Minecraft: imodatlife

Posted 20 December 2010 - 07:49 PM

same problem. My server runs with 16 gigs of ram and 30 cores. No way in hell its a problem with my server.

It can normally run 100 people very well, but now kicks any number higher than 15
hello good sir!

DoctorZuber

Posted 20 December 2010 - 07:50 PM

I'm able to connect reliably from a different machine on the same local network. (192.168.xxx.xxx)

I am noticing this problem (disconnect.overflow) with a friend of mine trying to connect, he seems to have given up for now.

The duplicate items things appears to have been fixed with the hotfix. 1.0_01

also worth mentioning that we didn't see any disconnect.overflow problems before the hotfix.