• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

qPack 2 - Bigger, Better, Blockier! (1.5)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
294 replies to this topic

qbicfeet
  • Minecraft: qbicfeet

Posted 20 December 2010 - 06:26 PM

Posted Image

DOWNLOAD PACK: CLICK ME!

THE SEQUEL TO qPack IS HERE AND THE CROWD GOES WILD! OMGWTFBBQNOWAI!

I pretty much suck at making realistic-looking pixel art, so I decided to make a more simple-style texture pack. The only real problem was that the interwebz is flooded with simple-style packs, so I had to bring something new to the stack. Thats when I came up with the blocky-style terrain pieces, and the rest is, well, history. Thanks to you guys for appreciating my work. Your compliments made it all worth it.

Enough talking... I guess you would like to see the pack, wouldn't you?

Random picture #1.
Posted Image

Random picture #2.
Posted Image

Random picture #3.
Posted Image

The pack in action.
Posted Image

A sandcastle (well, more of a tower) and a beautiful view.
Posted Image

A video demonstrating the qPack, by Durzal. Thank's a lot, Durzal :SSSS:
EtQBDWwv-d0

Another video, by alunoze1993. Thanks :D
gLy57r1zkZ8

PLEASE NOTICE:

In order to fully enjoy this pack you will also have to download a couple of extra files and manually install them into the ".minecraft" folder. Just download this file, extract it and have a look at the README.txt for further instructions. I believe in you, you can do it :D

The bugfix is no longer needed since the side grass match the regular grass.

Changelog:

Version 2.0

- Uploaded the pack and made you wet your pants in excitement.

Version 2.1.4

- Made the sidegrass smaller.
- Fixed some minor graphical glitches, for example the beds.
- Added the cookie.
- COMPLETELY removed the mobs. I wasn't satisfied with them.

Version 2.1.5

- Added the new items and textures.
- Removed the bugfix download.
- Made the grass and leaves biome-colored, instead of the usual bright green.
- Begun working on the customizer.

[b]DON'T FORGET TO UPDATE TO THE LATEST VERSION!

Have fun, and enjoy my pack!

~ Special thanks to Visioneer for putting together a mixture of qPack 2 and the original pack. Kudos :D
qPack 2 - Get the awesome texture pack everyone is talking about here!

lotlat said:

zombies should drop brains which when eaten (eww), will increase intelligence and then there would be no more retarded posts in the forum!

Register or log in to remove.

gnatpat
    gnatpat

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 06:31 PM

Looks awesome!
Downloading now :D
Posted Image

sw82490 said:

lapiz lazuli could be used to start wars over its mining grounds which could lead to a middle east type situation

qbicfeet

Posted 20 December 2010 - 06:35 PM

gnatpat said:

Looks awesome!
Downloading now :SSSS:
Thanks.

Oh, and I forgot to add: This pack works best in co-operation with MrMessiah's BetterLight mod, found here: viewtopic.php?t=55700

EDIT: It's broken at the moment, probably due to the Beta release.

lotlat said:

zombies should drop brains which when eaten (eww), will increase intelligence and then there would be no more retarded posts in the forum!

Failure #117

Posted 20 December 2010 - 06:51 PM

It looks too "blocky" to me. Take away those edges and it would look great.

qbicfeet

Posted 20 December 2010 - 07:07 PM

Failure #117 said:

It looks too "blocky" to me. Take away those edges and it would look great.
Well duh, that was the main direction I went when I made this pack. Minecraft is pretty much like if a bucketfull of toy blocks got dumped on the floor and created a whole world. :)

I sort of thought "Is there a way of making Minecraft even blockier?" when I started making the pack.

lotlat said:

Vihtic
    Vihtic

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 07:20 PM

All of the ores look like doors.
"A story should have a beginning, a middle, and an end... but not necessarily in that order."

qbicfeet

Posted 20 December 2010 - 07:34 PM

Vihtic said:

All of the ores look like doors.
No, all of the doors look like ores.

To be honest, I got inspiration for the ores from Painterly Pack's high visibility ores.

lotlat said:

BigBlueGER
  • Location: Germany (Ofcourse, you should've known after reading my name =))

Posted 20 December 2010 - 07:35 PM

This looks very awesome ingame.
Thank you for that pack ;D

onxyia said:

love the texture pack but Im never gonna use it because the water and lava both say use the patcher noob. So is there anyway to fix that???

r3spawn
    r3spawn

Carpenter

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 07:39 PM

I just tried it out ingame and I love it ^^

qbicfeet

Posted 20 December 2010 - 07:45 PM

BigBlueGER said:

This looks very awesome ingame.
Thank you for that pack ;D

r3spawn said:

I just tried it out ingame and I love it ^^

Thanks you guys <3

lotlat said:

birjolaxew
    birjolaxew

Forum/Wiki Sponsor

• Members
  • 1583 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 07:48 PM

I must say, I find this to be an awesome take on the simplistic style. The only thing I do not like is the gravel. It seems too much like the eye-catching transparency-background in most image-editing softwares.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Mega Bear said:

Not really a game... just a mass suicide you're inviting people to take part in.

What is this, I don't even

Posted Image

qbicfeet

Posted 20 December 2010 - 08:10 PM

birjolaxew said:

I must say, I find this to be an awesome take on the simplistic style. The only thing I do not like is the gravel. It seems too much like the eye-catching transparency-background in most image-editing softwares.
Hm... You are right. I still want that checkered feel, but maybe with less contrast between the two colors.

lotlat said:

qbicfeet

Posted 21 December 2010 - 02:38 PM

BUMP!

Added a section listing the item sprites in the pack. Plus, I want more of your opinions.

lotlat said:

r3spawn
    r3spawn

Carpenter

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 05:18 PM

qbicfeet said:

BUMP!

Added a section listing the item sprites in the pack. Plus, I want more of your opinions.

well I agree with the above comment about the gravel texture, it looks too much like the default transparent look in image editing programs.

Otherwise the pack is great.  The mining-process thing looks weird though.  The fade-to-black thing.

Monk321654
  • Location: A Congregation of Gamers and Geeks. A.K.A, The Day Chat
  • Minecraft: Monk321654

Posted 21 December 2010 - 05:59 PM

I love this texture pack! That style is awesome.
>Pros - Pork looks like Gum and Caramel.
Nice on a slow computer.
I just love the art style.
Mobs look cute, especially Zombies.
>Cons - Fade to Black thing.
Mob Skins are messed up. (Chickens shading lines arn't attached properly)
Shadow, my dear, I'll never leave your side.
All Hail the Tail! viewtopic.php?f=6&t=28798
[simg]http://i.min.us/ilBwks.PNG[/simg]

SpyroVersusRed
  • Minecraft: SpyroVersusRed

Posted 21 December 2010 - 06:03 PM

:Notch:  :Notch:  :Notch:  :SSSS:  :Pig:  :iapprove:  :iapprove:  :iapprove:  :iapprove:  :iapprove:

You, sir, get 10/5 and some diamonds.

:Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:

qbicfeet

Posted 21 December 2010 - 07:22 PM

Thanks for the compliments. As for the chickens, those things aren't shading, I decided to give all mobs "outlines". Just look carefully at larger mobs like Zombies or Pigs, they are made the same way (unless I made a mistake on the chickens without noticing it).

Anyway, 1.0.1 is out. Changed gravel, glowstone dust and some other quick fixes things. As for the mining animation, I'll stick with it until I come up with something better. I can see not everyone liking it, but I still want something unique. I'll try my best at replacing it sooner or later with something else "unique".

Don't forget to update to the latest version!

lotlat said:

Kingerski4

Posted 21 December 2010 - 07:57 PM

Accidentally deleted the texture folder. Trying to download it again but the link says it's invalid. The only reason I'm going through so much trouble to re-download it again is because I love it. All that you need to is fix the fade to black thing. Otherwise great job!

qbicfeet

Posted 21 December 2010 - 08:21 PM

Kingerski4 said:

Accidentally deleted the texture folder. Trying to download it again but the link says it's invalid. The only reason I'm going through so much trouble to re-download it again is because I love it. All that you need to is fix the fade to black thing. Otherwise great job!
Oh damn it. The forum ate my last update of the main post. Give me a minute to fix it.

EDIT: Status = Done :)

Citric better fix this bug, it's annoying as hell.

Next up is changing the mining animation, plus the cloth blocks into something more "wooly", to match the item names. Why? 'Cause symmetry is my bitch. I think Minecraft have developed some kind of OCD in me... :(

lotlat said:

KaptainCrunch22

Posted 21 December 2010 - 08:48 PM

I like this
It reminds me of The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker graphics