• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.2.5] Neph's Mods - NEW MOD! - Missing Blocks + Gel Mod - non OP, suits Vanilla

missing block mod vanilla extra add simple function cool sweet

• Please log in to reply
377 replies to this topic

Neph
    Neph

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:07 PM

POPULAR

Posted Image

https://twitter.com/89nephilim

http://www.youtube.com/user/89nephilim

Missing Blocks Mod:

Posted Image

Info, videos and downloads:

Spoiler:

Gel Mod:

Posted Image

Info, video and downloads:
Spoiler:

Texture Pack Support:

Spoiler:

Copyright:
This document is Copyright ?(2012) and is the intellectual property of the author. It may be not be reproduced under any circumstances except for personal, private use as long as it remains in its unaltered, unedited form. It may not be placed on any web site or otherwise distributed publicly without advance written permission. Use of this mod on any other website or as a part of any public display is strictly prohibited, and a violation of copyright.

Copyright Exceptions For Youtube Video Makers
If you want to make videos for youtube using my mod you have my permission to do so, and you also have my permission to monetize those videos through youtube (of course I dont own minecraft, just the mod). If you do make any videos please send me a link or post it here because I would really like to see them!!
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

VossMaster
  • Minecraft: Vossmaster46

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:11 PM

EPIC!

EPIC!

-This user has now passed on to another realm of foruming-

Timmie3054

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:15 PM

reminds me of a different mod... *cough* Red Power *cough* man that was a bad cough I should get that checked.

Yah anyways.. great mod. Very original.

Neph
    Neph

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:34 PM

View PostTimmie3054, on 17 February 2012 - 09:15 PM, said:

reminds me of a different mod... *cough* Red Power *cough* man that was a bad cough I should get that checked.

This mod functions completely differently than redpower. Redpower is an amazing mod that implements complex systems in minecraft and vastly improves upon many of the systems already in the game, this mod just adds basic functionality that dosent exist in vanilla. They bear no similarity whatsoever.

In short,

lawl.
Posted Image

The Benolds
  • Minecraft: The Benolds

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:52 PM

View PostTimmie3054, on 17 February 2012 - 09:15 PM, said:

...Because precious RedPower would never add content that it has seen in other mods. *cough* *cough*.
And if every feature from a large mod (eg. BC, BTW, RP2, IC2, EqEx, etc.) was suddenly out of bounds from other mods then this forum community would be next to dead.
I sure hope you bitch on every Obsidian Tools, Dirt to Diamonds and New Ore mod out there, Timmie, because they are far more deserving than this one.

Back on topic, Love the mod Neph, looks great!

Posted Image

Neph
    Neph

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:03 PM

View PostThe Benolds, on 17 February 2012 - 09:52 PM, said:

...Because precious RedPower would never add content that it has seen in other mods. *cough* *cough*.
And if every feature from a large mod (eg. BC, BTW, RP2, IC2, EqEx, etc.) was suddenly out of bounds from other mods then this forum community would be next to dead.
I sure hope you bitch on every Obsidian Tools, Dirt to Diamonds and New Ore mod out there, Timmie, because they are far more deserving than this one.

Back on topic, Love the mod Neph, looks great!

Thanks man, and I dont worry too much about that kind of thing, your always going to get people saying that Mr. X copied Mr. Y for the sake of arguement but as long as a few people actually download the mod and enjoy it then its worth it!
Posted Image

maystorm
    maystorm

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:16 PM

Awesome, epic, you name it!

Was waiting for such a mod for ages. Brilliant, a million thanks!

:Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond:

Piweed
    Piweed

The Meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything...

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • Minecraft: piweed

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:11 PM

Remover:
-When powered, tries to remove the block in front of it and sppit it out the back as an item.
-If a chest is behind the remover, it will attempt to store the items in it.
-When the block is unpowered, the remover will try to grab an item from a chest behind it and place it as a block.

Just a little spelling error :)

Well, cool mod Neph.. Imma make some awesome contraption with it xD
Posted Image

HyGgBk
    HyGgBk

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:28 PM

This is amazing :o Is it compatible with redpower/buildcraft ect?

Thundaklap
    Thundaklap

Zombie Killer

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 159 posts
  • Minecraft: smiler100

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:37 PM

This mod actually looks worthy of a download, unlike most other new mods. Good job.

To be honest, I prefer this simple mod to buildcraft, redpower etc because this mod is more simple and relies on vanilla mechanics. I like automated chest sorters and things, they're really helpful.

Anyway,  :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond:
Posted Image

HyGgBk
    HyGgBk

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:41 PM

AAlso, would you consider doing a version to run on Minecraft Forge to provide compatibility with a wider variety of mods? :)

Neph
    Neph

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:52 PM

View PostPiweed, on 17 February 2012 - 11:11 PM, said:

Just a little spelling error :)

Well, cool mod Neph.. Imma make some awesome contraption with it xD

Fixed it, cheers for pointing that out, I accidentaly published this post before I was finished typing it so I was kind of rushing =P

View PostHyGgBk, on 17 February 2012 - 11:28 PM, said:

This is amazing :o Is it compatible with redpower/buildcraft ect?

I made this mod to be as compatible as possible with everything, it dosent modify any base classes and so should work with any mod that is compatible with modloader and does not use block ID's 180, 181 and 182.

Oh and to answer your question, yes, i've tested it with ALL of the big tech mods (IC2,BC2,RP2 and even BTW) and they all work perfectly with no issues =D

View PostThundaklap, on 17 February 2012 - 11:37 PM, said:

This mod actually looks worthy of a download, unlike most other new mods. Good job.

To be honest, I prefer this simple mod to buildcraft, redpower etc because this mod is more simple and relies on vanilla mechanics. I like automated chest sorters and things, they're really helpful.

I was delighted to see your comment! Because that is the exact reason I made this mod in the first place =D. The goal was to make a mod that extended what you can do in minecraft while keeping the vanilla aesthetic and not breaking the game with blocks that are just OP. I also wanted to do that without adding on any big tech trees or messing with world generation or anything. Of course im not saying I dislike those mods with big tech trees, the modders do incredible work, I just prefer to keep things simple.

So yeah, your comment kinda made my day =D
Posted Image

Timmie3054

Posted 18 February 2012 - 12:17 AM

View PostNeph, on 17 February 2012 - 09:34 PM, said:

This mod functions completely differently than redpower. Redpower is an amazing mod that implements complex systems in minecraft and vastly improves upon many of the systems already in the game, this mod just adds basic functionality that dosent exist in vanilla. They bear no similarity whatsoever.

In short,

lawl.

Collector = Transposer
Sorter = sorting machine
remover = block breaker

No similarity what so ever.

HyGgBk
    HyGgBk

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 12:17 AM

View PostThundaklap, on 17 February 2012 - 11:37 PM, said:

I totally agree, when looking at mods like BTW, the thing that has interested me the most has been the blocks such as these, however i have been put off installing because of the extra amounts of faf that accompany it :S

Even though this is like my third post on the thread, I would like to again congratulate Neph on an amazing and simple mod that fits in with vanilla Minecraft perfectly XD Especially with the minecart compatibility :Diamond:

Dan_Gray
  • Minecraft: DGX9

Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:12 AM

Sure beats my mods..... ANYWAY AMAZING JOB!! +1 TO YOU!!!! AND 1 MORE DL!
Posted Image

Neph
    Neph

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 02:17 AM

Thanks guys! =D. Oh and timmy, you do realise what the transposer does dont u? lol
Posted Image

SoulWind71428
  • Minecraft: SoulWind71428

Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:09 AM

This is definitely a useful mod. It gives me similar functionality as BuildCraft did, but with a simpler and more vanilla feel. I'll be using this for a while! Already set up an auto-harvesting cobblestone generator (generates about 1 every 2 seconds and stores in a double chest) and melon farm (need to work on this... 30 melon slices in an hour). I also just recently installed Pfaeff's blocks, which greatly complement these. I don't think I've ever spent so much time playing around with Redstone devices.

A suggestion for another type of block you might add: a Placer. Essentially, the opposite of the Remover. It would simply place a block from its single-slot storage in the direction it was placed in. Might be useful in auto-building structures or TNT cannons.

Thank you for making this mod, and please do not stop updating it!

Neph
    Neph

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 06:34 PM

View PostSoulWind71428, on 18 February 2012 - 11:09 AM, said:

This is definitely a useful mod. It gives me similar functionality as BuildCraft did, but with a simpler and more vanilla feel. I'll be using this for a while! Already set up an auto-harvesting cobblestone generator (generates about 1 every 2 seconds and stores in a double chest) and melon farm (need to work on this... 30 melon slices in an hour). I also just recently installed Pfaeff's blocks, which greatly complement these. I don't think I've ever spent so much time playing around with Redstone devices.

A suggestion for another type of block you might add: a Placer. Essentially, the opposite of the Remover. It would simply place a block from its single-slot storage in the direction it was placed in. Might be useful in auto-building structures or TNT cannons.

Thank you for making this mod, and please do not stop updating it!

Glad to hear you like it! Yeah im pretty obsessed with building redstone stuff myself, that a big part of the reason I made this mod. And I'm a big fan of what Pfaeff did with the allocator, its an incredibly simple yet powerful block. I love the idea of having a few blocks with several uses rather than a bunch of blocks with 1 purpose each. Hence why the remover both removes and places blocks =D.

The placer is something I originally considered, however I opted to put that function into the remover instead as it can lead to some very advanced contraptions. You can use it just like you would a placer, if you put a chest behind a remover and power it with a button, when you click the button, it will place an item from the chest, you can then push that item with pistons or do whatever with it, then when you press the button again, it will place another block.

Oh and I intend to always keep this mod up to date, as for adding new features, I plan to add at least 1 more block that I feel is still missing, after that I will probably make a separate mod that is less strict about what blocks it adds and how OP it is.
Posted Image

SoulWind71428
  • Minecraft: SoulWind71428

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:06 AM

View PostNeph, on 18 February 2012 - 06:34 PM, said:

Glad to hear you like it! Yeah im pretty obsessed with building redstone stuff myself, that a big part of the reason I made this mod. And I'm a big fan of what Pfaeff did with the allocator, its an incredibly simple yet powerful block. I love the idea of having a few blocks with several uses rather than a bunch of blocks with 1 purpose each. Hence why the remover both removes and places blocks =D.

The placer is something I originally considered, however I opted to put that function into the remover instead as it can lead to some very advanced contraptions. You can use it just like you would a placer, if you put a chest behind a remover and power it with a button, when you click the button, it will place an item from the chest, you can then push that item with pistons or do whatever with it, then when you press the button again, it will place another block.

Oh and I intend to always keep this mod up to date, as for adding new features, I plan to add at least 1 more block that I feel is still missing, after that I will probably make a separate mod that is less strict about what blocks it adds and how OP it is.

I wasn't really into redstone until recently. I had built some little contraptions, but nothing major. Since I got this and Pfaeff's stuff, I'm really getting into it. :D Regarding the Remover's ability to place: I did not notice that! I'm sure it was mentioned in the OP, so sorry about missing it. Was a late night last night. :P I'm excited to play with that feature. I'm looking forward to whatever this new block might be! Also, do you have any plans for SMP support?

bjornbonello

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:28 AM

are there any mods like this for 1.8.1 because i would really like to use it?