• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.2.5][FORGE]More Music Discs: v1.2 (July 11: Albums, and Portable Disc Player!)

new content music records discs cds radio boombox modloader forge

• Please log in to reply
237 replies to this topic

Qwertygiy
    Qwertygiy

Void Walker

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1692 posts
  • Minecraft: Qwertygiy

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:09 PM

Posted Image

READ - On 1.3.2

Ever wanted to add more music to your Minecraft, but every mod that does it isn't satisfactory? They use up all your sprite indices, take hours to download, and/or are shabbily made by novice modders who don't really know what they're doing?

This mod is here to help you. Currently, the main download is ~24 megabytes, which shouldn't take longer than a minute on a below-average internet connection. There are no plans to make it bigger, either. It uses the Forge sprite API, so you don't have to worry about running out of image space. And the records actually display correctly -- no "C418 - NeverGonnaGiveYouUp" here!

And to top it off, you can add an UNLIMITED* amount of custom discs to play your own songs, and create albums of discs to share with others!

Here's a short, outdated mod summary by setosorcerer of version 1.0.

quick note: as far as I am aware, all those songs in the "Copyrighted" chest are under Creative Commons Share and Share Alike license. I gave credit to the original authors so it should be fine. If anyone complains, I can add links or remove them if neccessary.

See a really quick demo video of a VERY old version of the main mod here, made by me:
http://keybored.x10....Mod_Preview.wmv

Better video coming soon, I hope.

*: in reality, you're limited to around 12,000 discs because of item IDs. No sane person should be able to reach this limit on a sane computer.
Download and Installation
Spoiler:
Recipes and Other Stuff
Spoiler:
Achievements!
Spoiler:
Albums: How To
Spoiler:

List of Albums
Spoiler:
BUGZ!
Spoiler:
Compatibility
Spoiler:
Inter-Compatibility
Spoiler:
Changelog
Spoiler:

Planned Updates
Spoiler:
Copyright

Spoiler:

Upcoming TC4 Additional Aspects Addon -- give mod blocks aspect values! Want to help? Click and read!
KBI Enriched Gravel Mod -- sift out nuggets and chunks and make gravel useful! (Outdated)
Tinker's Construct Recovery Addon -- get back some of your half-used tool materials! (Outdated)

Register or log in to remove.

PenguinHD

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:12 PM

couldn't you make it less expensive, so instead of using obsidian maybe coal? or ink sacks?
Posted Image

Devin_The_Killer
  • Minecraft: Thepowaofhax

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:15 PM

View PostPenguinHD, on 16 February 2012 - 09:12 PM, said:

couldn't you make it less expensive, so instead of using obsidian maybe coal? or ink sacks?

Couldn't you stop complaining since cds/records are supposed to be RARE?

Qwertygiy
    Qwertygiy

Void Walker

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1692 posts

I didn't want to make them too easy to obtain; after all, in Vanilla they are some of the hardest items you can get without going to another dimension. Besides, once you get a diamond pickaxe, you can make and get almost unlimited obsidian. 2 obsidian blocks = 4 discs. It's not very cheap, but it's not end-game content.

And let's face it -- records are definitely not made out of coal or ink sacs, and to get "plastic" would require a whole nother tech tree. Obsidian is the closest realistically to actual records.
Upcoming TC4 Additional Aspects Addon -- give mod blocks aspect values! Want to help? Click and read!
KBI Enriched Gravel Mod -- sift out nuggets and chunks and make gravel useful! (Outdated)
Tinker's Construct Recovery Addon -- get back some of your half-used tool materials! (Outdated)

soydaniel96

Get a efficiency 3 or higher pickaxe and mining obsidian becomes significantly easier. It's not like it's that expensive.
Maps I support:
- Imperial Lands by lolo500
- PortalCraft by Leggos_My_Eggos

Mods & Tools I support:
- DJoslin's Creations by DJoslin
- mIDas by Pfaeff
- Programmable CPU by Biohazard

Lightning_Striker
  • Minecraft: Lightningkeeper

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:19 PM

Second!! :D oh and I imagine this mod is going to get very popular. The next step? Making an API where you can make your own songs! That would be AWESOME! Oh and yes, kinda expensive, but originally you have to get a  :Skeleton:  to kill a :SSSS: but that's not very easy anyways. And when that happens, you usually don't get the song you want. And I also like that you can make some songs already added. Nice job!
EDIT: Oops, I took so long typing this I wasn't second anymore :(
My IGN: Lightningkeeper

Qwertygiy
    Qwertygiy

Void Walker

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1692 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:23 PM

View PostLightning_Striker, on 16 February 2012 - 09:19 PM, said:

Second!! :D oh and I imagine this mod is going to get very popular. The next step? Making an API where you can make your own songs! That would be AWESOME! Oh and yes, kinda expensive, but originally you have to get a  :Skeleton:  to kill a :SSSS: but that's not very easy anyways. And when that happens, you usually don't get the song you want. And I also like that you can make some songs already added. Nice job!
EDIT: Oops, I took so long typing this I wasn't second anymore :(

I forgot to mention that there IS a custom disc. I'll add it into the post later, but putting a song entitled "CustomSong." [wav or ogg] into "/resources/mod/streaming" will allow you to use the custom-disc-whose-recipe-I-forget-at-the-moment.

However, there is already an API of sorts in there. I'll put up details on how to add your own music discs once I make the first expansion pack.

skoobysnax
  • Minecraft: skoobysnax

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:50 PM

Everytime i download it winrar says the archive is damaged. help?
Posted Image

Qwertygiy
    Qwertygiy

Void Walker

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1692 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:56 PM

View Postskoobysnax, on 16 February 2012 - 09:50 PM, said:

Everytime i download it winrar says the archive is damaged. help?

7Zip and good-ol' Windows can open it just fine. Technically, you shouldn't need any specialized program to install it -- just open up the ZIP, navigate inside "In .minecraft folder", open up your .minecraft folder in a seperate window, and drag "mods" and "resources" into .minecraft.

skoobysnax
  • Minecraft: skoobysnax

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:10 PM

i think my internet simply fails when it downloads it, cuz it din work using a normal windows way either
Posted Image

Qwertygiy
    Qwertygiy

Void Walker

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1692 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:14 PM

I can download it fine... Odd.

I'd put up an alternate download on Mediafire but Mediafire hates it and gets stuck on "Verifying"; that's why I switched to my website anyway.

fligabob
    fligabob

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 603 posts
  • Minecraft: Fligabob

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:41 PM

A very good idea, a lot better than some of the mods that let you craft music discs. Best of luck with the mod.

Qwertygiy
    Qwertygiy

Void Walker

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1692 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:45 PM

View Postfligabob, on 16 February 2012 - 10:41 PM, said:

A very good idea, a lot better than some of the mods that let you craft music discs. Best of luck with the mod.

Thank you.

Qwertygiy
    Qwertygiy

Void Walker

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1692 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:19 PM

Added link to the source code, so you can make your own expansions to More Music Discs! A better tutorial text file will be included with the source soon; for now, set up MCP for Forge,
then copy the source files into the folder containing the rest of the Minecraft source code. records.png is there so you can find an icon for your discs, and Example Expansion shows you how you should set up your expansions.

Qwertygiy
    Qwertygiy

Void Walker

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1692 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:07 AM

I have added the first expansion! C418's Background Music is approximately 23 megabytes -- larger than the main mod itself! -- and consists of all of Minecraft's background music, except nuance1 (Key) and nuance2 (Oxygene) (which are too short and quiet to be records, in my opinion). The music sheets for this expansion can be crafted by combining Rose Red Dye, Paper, and any two wooden tools. For example, calm1 (Minecraft) can be crafted with Paper, Rose Red, a Wooden Shovel, and a Wooden Pickaxe.

Qwertygiy
    Qwertygiy

Void Walker

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1692 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:04 PM

We have our first Mod Spotlight! Granted, he mistitled the video, accidentally tried to use a wrong block to craft a disc, and the game somehow crashed at the end, but other than that it's pretty good. A note on that crash: I have not been able to reproduce that bug. I'm using not only AudioMod, ModLoader, and Forge, but a whole load of other mods too -- RedPower, BuildCraft, IndustrialCraft, HarvestCraft, RailCraft, ComputerCraft, EquivalentExchange, and Twilight Forest. It runs perfectly for me, as evidenced by my really short demo video.

streetstar5

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:28 PM

Downloading! need more music disc to put in ComputerCraft's disk drives :)
Posted Image

Qwertygiy
    Qwertygiy

Void Walker

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1692 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:31 PM

View Poststreetstar5, on 17 February 2012 - 02:28 PM, said:

Downloading! need more music disc to put in ComputerCraft's disk drives :)

Ahaha! :P I'm not sure that'll work, though.

streetstar5

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:12 PM

View PostQwertygiy, on 17 February 2012 - 02:31 PM, said:

Ahaha! :P I'm not sure that'll work, though.

It will, computercraft disk drives plays portalgun disc, it works with any music disc :)

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Qwertygiy
    Qwertygiy

Void Walker

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1692 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:39 PM

Wow. For a 2-year+ Lua programmer I sure know very little about ComputerCraft...

ANYWAY, I'm adding v0.6 to the main post now. Basically, nothing important changed here except more sprites were added to the sheet, and the sprite for the In The End -- Electronic Remiques disc was changed to one of these. It's made with an Ender Pearl after all, it should be blue, not red! The wrong sprite with C418's Background Expansion has also been fixed.