Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

HOW TO MAKE A GOOD MINECRAFT SERVER WEBSITE ?


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

#1

_ADMINx
    _ADMINx

    Zombie Killer

  • Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:50 PM

hello

i am asking today how can you make a nice minecraft server website ?
i have my domain name what is a .com that i bought of godaddy  but i need a good program to make the website with.
i would like it to be free to set up and good free hosting aswell.

cheers

Register or log in to remove.

#2

Rogue
    Rogue

    Gambrinous

  • Forum Admin
  • Curse Premium
  • 8739 posts
  • Location: Rochester, NY
  • Minecraft: Rogue
  • Xbox:RogueMurder

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:02 PM

Apache and scripting with html. :mellow:

Or hire a web designer. Some run pretty cheap and can get you what you want.

Quote my post to make sure I see your reply - MCF Hosting CoordinatorPosted Image


#3

atlaw01
    atlaw01

    Coal Miner

  • Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:54 PM

I honestly just used FreeWebs and bought a domain.

Their templates aren't that bad. Or use Enjin. A lot of servers I've played on in the past used that.

Webs: http://www.webs.com/

My website: http://www.roamcraft.com/

Enjin: http://www.enjin.com/



#4

TheCatora

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:43 AM

Use Weebly.com I've made a few websites from it. It's very easy to use.

#5

Rtzon
    Rtzon

    Redstone Miner

  • Members
  • 663 posts
  • Minecraft: Rtzon

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:56 AM

I just use Wordpress for news/info with SMF for the forum.
Posted Image

#6

bwitz
    bwitz

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:45 AM

Honestly, a GOOD website (and professional) would be not run with webs.com, or weebly.com, etc.  If you want a website, you should install xampp, get a good forum software (I bought XenForo forum software and IPBoard softwares) get a good domain providor (godaddy, networksolutions, etc.) and install wordpress for a homepage. ;)

#7

jman10921

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:26 AM

View Postbwitz, on 02 March 2012 - 06:45 AM, said:

Honestly, a GOOD website (and professional) would be not run with webs.com, or weebly.com, etc.  If you want a website, you should install xampp, get a good forum software (I bought XenForo forum software and IPBoard softwares) get a good domain providor (godaddy, networksolutions, etc.) and install wordpress for a homepage. Posted Image
can u tell me any good places to get free domains?

#8

Mathy
    Mathy

    Matherator

  • Sectional Moderator
  • 3527 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 05:09 AM

Also, you can start with a solid, easy weebly or webs, then make a godaddy hosted Wordpress page for your server/

Fermat said:

I have discovered a truly remarkable proof of this, which this margin is too small to contain.


#9

Bobacadodl
  • Location: New Hamphire, USA
  • Minecraft: bobacadodl

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:51 AM

Enjin! With enjin i created this website in a couple of minutes (the graphics took me a while though)

#10

gggeeee42
  • Location: Texas
  • Minecraft: gggeeee
  • Xbox:gggeeee

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:58 AM

View PostBobacadodl, on 07 August 2012 - 07:51 AM, said:

Enjin! With enjin i created this website in a couple of minutes (the graphics took me a while though)

A few minutes? Damn that's not half bad
Posted Image

#11

jake0o0
    jake0o0

    Gold Miner

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 490 posts
  • Location: Illinois
  • Minecraft: Jake0oo0

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:58 PM

Use Enjin but get a domain name too, BUT don't use the shitty Minecraft theme that it gives you, only 10k other websites use that theme...:P

>=Web Developer - Developer=<


#12

Claryn
    Claryn

    Lapis Lazuli Collector

  • Members
  • 1077 posts
  • Location: Norway
  • Minecraft: Claryn
  • Xbox:TheClaryn

Posted 07 August 2012 - 02:01 PM

View Post_ADMINx, on 16 February 2012 - 03:50 PM, said:

hello

i am asking today how can you make a nice minecraft server website ?
i have my domain name what is a .com that i bought of godaddy  but i need a good program to make the website with.
i would like it to be free to set up and good free hosting aswell.

cheers
Use Enjin or WordPress. I'd suggest wordpress.

Some examples of WordPress sites:
http://creatorcraft.com/
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/
http://terrafrost.net/

You find many free themes that looks good.

Edit. Wordpress is set up in 5 minutes. Just upload a theme and its done.
You can even change the look, while the content is the same.
Wha'?! Screw a goat!

#13

The_Waza_Man
  • Location: Taking defibrillators to good topics! +100 Points
  • Minecraft: waza_man

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:10 AM

View PostBobacadodl, on 07 August 2012 - 07:51 AM, said:

Enjin! With enjin i created this website in a couple of minutes (the graphics took me a while though)
I has a look at your website. One question, how do you do the module on the side that counts votes? I would really like this for my website.
Posted Image

#14

minecrafterwork
  • Location: The Minecraftia Realm
  • Minecraft: minecrafterwork

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:12 PM

View PostThe_Waza_Man, on 04 January 2013 - 09:10 AM, said:

I has a look at your website. One question, how do you do the module on the side that counts votes? I would really like this for my website.

You can lookup Enjin Vote Modules

-- Certified HTML, Java --

-- Experienced C++, Python, PhP, Javascript, MySQL, ROR --


#15

Deadrea
    Deadrea

    Coal Miner

  • Members
  • 134 posts
  • Location: England
  • Minecraft: Deadrea

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:27 PM

i use webs too but its not actually free you have to pay for a domain name so yeah
Deadrea Gaming Prison Server!
Server ip DeadreaGaming.com

#16

LegndPowerdNube

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:06 PM

View PostClaryn, on 07 August 2012 - 02:01 PM, said:

Use Enjin or WordPress. I'd suggest wordpress.

Some examples of WordPress sites:
http://creatorcraft.com/
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/
http://terrafrost.net/

You find many free themes that looks good.

Edit. Wordpress is set up in 5 minutes. Just upload a theme and its done.
You can even change the look, while the content is the same.
Why did you put the WoW website up there? It is definitely not wordpress!
Want a faster reply?
Quote Me!

#17

parat26
    parat26

    Coal Miner

  • Members
  • 132 posts
  • Location: Greece
  • Minecraft: parat26

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:57 PM

I use weebly, simple and awesome. I don't care for a domain but a .weebly.com subdomain it's ok for my needs.

You don't have to make a very professional website, I usually use websites for announcements, pictures and contact forms.