• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

- - - - -

Minecraft Snapshot 12w07b (updated) is Ready For Testing!

• Please log in to reply
464 replies to this topic

Shadowblaze99
  • Minecraft: Shadowblaze99

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:11 PM

It doesn't work for me. D:

Register or log in to remove.

Vendelo
    Vendelo

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Minecraft: vendelo

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:24 PM

I don't know if this has been noted but there seems to be a light-bug: when in the ground, everything is lit up at day and gets dark at night. Just wanted to note that :)

ImgoingtofindyouHEROBRINE
  • Minecraft: apigwithabat
  • Xbox:aCATwithaBAT

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:19 PM

When does 1.2 officially come out? Does anyone have a rough idea?
Posted Image

Master_Nefarious

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:07 PM

D= The End doesn't spawn land!! All I see is the dragon and my obsidian platform!! ._. No giant mushrooms in newly generated Mushroom biomes D: I don't like this snap shot at all

D= The End doesn't spawn land!! All I see is the dragon and my obsidian platform!! ._. No giant mushrooms in newly generated Mushroom biomes D: I don't like this snap shot at all

CK20XX
    CK20XX

Zombie Killer

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 163 posts
  • Minecraft: CK20XX

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:01 AM

OOH!  Ooh ooh ohh!  Redstone Lamps!  PLEASE tell me they'll become available in different colors just like wool eventually!  You could make stoplights, neon signs, disco raves, and trip out normal boring rides so they become carnival rides!

Spikeyhusky
  • Minecraft: spikeyhusker

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:16 AM

View Postpeterdetmig, on 15 February 2012 - 10:17 AM, said:

the lamps do not work... and the bug torches!

You have to power the lamp mine works fine. They act as a normal powered block ,just pop a leaver on it and it'll work!

Metatron
    Metatron

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2629 posts
  • Minecraft: KakarottoYo

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:18 AM

Very few trees in swamps, no trees in Taiga, zombies burn even in rain during daytime when touching a fence...
No caves, no island on the end, no big shrooms, villagers get pwned in seconds, wtf is wrong with this new world format?

"Have you noticed that the rain stopped once I had a roof above me? It will start again now that I'm back out. Gods and dogs alike delight to p*ss on me."

Spikeyhusky
  • Minecraft: spikeyhusker

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:18 AM

View PostCK20XX, on 20 February 2012 - 01:01 AM, said:

OOH!  Ooh ooh ohh!  Redstone Lamps!  PLEASE tell me they'll become available in different colors just like wool eventually!  You could make stoplights, neon signs, disco raves, and trip out normal boring rides so they become carnival rides!

Or be creative and make a mod for itPosted Image

ProfessorShiny

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:37 AM

I can't wait to see whats in store for 1.2 that they are keeping secret for now!

alien987
  • Minecraft: alien987

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:30 AM

Ok, while i was flying around, looking for jungle and villages, i found this unusual thing. I didn't build this, is there going to be some kind of temple or something cause i can't explain why this generated. :unsure:

Posted Image

alien987
  • Minecraft: alien987

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:27 AM

Ok, now i find more, i think it generates 1 per desert.  :unsure: Here are 2 more pics:

Posted Image
Posted Image

Coalshower
  • Minecraft: CoalShower

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:42 AM

View PostTeozard, on 15 February 2012 - 10:23 AM, said:

Redstone Lamp is working a bit strange.

Spoiler:

I dont think it is strange. Do you know how to power up something?

-Redstone torch lights up the block above it unless it is air.
-The block above the redstone torch also powers up what is above, beside, behind, or in front.
(Since the block above the redstone torch is a lamp, the lamp lights up and also distributes the power to nearby lamps causing them to light)

-Redstone dust powers up the block it faces to, below it, and below the block that is below the dust. (or maybe)
(Since the redstone dust is placed on a lamp, the lamp gets power. And since there are lamps below those lamps, those lamps below the powered lamps receive power as well)

Posted Image

Exacerangutan

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:22 PM

Shourin said:
Creepers now ignore cats!!!

I can verify this one:
Posted Image

Figured I'd put glass and iron bars around the cat to keep him safe from spiders, etc; then I thought maybe the creepers weren't seeing him (even though all mobs could see me through glass just fine), so I broke a couple sections of glass and bars to make sure the creepers had a direct line of sight to the cat--and still no response, as you can see!  That cat is literally about two blocks away from the creepers, and they're just chilling there.  They had to walk up a stairway to get there, too, so they're clearly there on purpose, ignoring cats and smoking trees.

sekots
    sekots

Carpenter

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • Minecraft: sekots

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:38 PM

When I download the client, it just says Updating Minecraft... Should I delete my whole .minecraft folder instead of just Force Updating it?

SNWLeader

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:08 PM

There is a problem with the world spawning.
Every time I generate a new world the world has no caves or ravines what so ever,
also The End when entered does not generate any terrain, works fine for the Nether.

They need to fix this severely or mining will become an issue.

Highmoon
  • Minecraft: _Highmoon_

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:55 PM

View PostSNWLeader, on 20 February 2012 - 04:08 PM, said:

There is a problem with the world spawning.
Every time I generate a new world the world has no caves or ravines what so ever,
also The End when entered does not generate any terrain, works fine for the Nether.

They need to fix this severely or mining will become an issue.
confirmed for 12w06a.

Ive got a serious problem with world spawning.
I read the 12W07B Issues and afterwards started a 12W06a World.

Bug:
I wasn't able to find any caves / ravines / shafts / rifts.

Procedere of confirmation:
Digged on SSP from Layer 70 side&down to to Layer 4 (about 80 Blocks distance)
and then sidewards on Layer 14, 4 paralell tunnels(4 blocks between them each) , 4 blocks high and 50 Blocks deep.
So I couldnt find any caves/lakes/shafts in a 50x20x4 Area between Layer 13 and 17.

Could somebody confirm this with a terrain editor?

This bug seems to remain at least since 12w06a. If we get no caves with lakes and lava, we'll have a major shortage of obsidian at least, and have to seek for alternative sources.

Mining gets even more annoying than its normal :) Don't say mining should be fun, just saying its more fun with caves to explore.

In my opinion this one hast to be fixed till next stable release please cause
for my actual playing style, its a potential game breaker.

::Music, Games & Crap::

(has Modlist for 1.4.2 with upd. status! updated 01.11.!)

Mulch
    Mulch

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:09 PM

View Postsekots, on 20 February 2012 - 03:38 PM, said:

When I download the client, it just says Updating Minecraft... Should I delete my whole .minecraft folder instead of just Force Updating it?

Force update only gives you the current 1.1 release.

Get the snapshot from a download link (first post of this thread) and manually copy it into the minecraft/bin folder after renaming the current minecraft.jar

With all of the problems in this snapshot, Id either wait for the next one or use 12W06A untila new snapshot is released.
Posted Image

TL
    TL

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 606 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:49 PM

There seems to be a slight problem with adding the new AI to the pigs. They now absolutely refuse to jump off cliffs for my benefit! D= I don't think the 'Ride a pig off a cliff' achievement is actually possible in the snapshot.

If anyone can get a pig to (willingly) jump off a cliff of sufficient height, let me know, I'd love to be proved wrong on this xD
"Never underestimate the predictability of human stupidity"

Wynn
    Wynn

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:00 PM

Any news on the a tentative date for the release of 1.2? Also, caves were removed? I'm still generating caves, ravines and other such structures without any hassle short of having to dig out gravel and dirt (which has always been part of the deal- afterall pits of gravel lead to adventure!)

biotube
    biotube

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Minecraft: biotube

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:12 PM

New minecraft snapshot
Don't look directly at the bugs!!!!!!