• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Super Flat Seeds?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Ironcobra11

Posted 14 February 2012 - 05:29 PM

Does anyone know of a seed that changes the blocks on the super flat world mode into sand or something else? I mean grass is great and all... but not always what one wants.
Any suggestions?

Register or log in to remove.

Raden17
    Raden17

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • Minecraft: Raden17

Posted 14 February 2012 - 05:59 PM

try typing in things like, sand or something.

Ironcobra11

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:35 PM

View PostRaden17, on 14 February 2012 - 05:59 PM, said:

Thanks! I'll give it a go :)

EdenR
    EdenR

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:43 PM

View PostRaden17, on 14 February 2012 - 05:59 PM, said:

What?!  Are you trolling?  The words in the seeds mean NOTHING.

No, Ironcobra11.  Superflat gives you ONLY flat green grass at level y=4.  No trees, no terrain, no nothing except unremarkable villages scattered around the map with unremarkable resources (no, blacksmith chests are NOT remarkable on superflat).  They're great for creative mode, not so much for survival mode.

You might like this thread:

http://www.minecraft...rld-generation/
Posted Image

bluemagic123
  • Location: At school, getting too much homework to sleep at night.
  • Minecraft: bluemagic123

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:59 PM

View PostEdenR, on 14 February 2012 - 06:43 PM, said:

(no, blacksmith chests are NOT remarkable on superflat).  They're great for creative mode, not so much for survival mode.

Whether a chest is remarkable depends on what is in the chest. Also, saying that superflat is good only for creative is like saying skyblock is good only for creative, for making floating islands. Sure, superflat is good for creative, but it's also a fun challenge in survival. I have several superflat worlds on both modes. I don't think everyone has the patience to randomly wander around miles of grass to find a village with good items. Therefore, while agree some seeds posted on these forums are pointless, there are some that are actually good.

But, back to the main topic, no seed can change the grass to something else in superflat.

EdenR
    EdenR

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:47 AM

View Postbluemagic123, on 14 February 2012 - 11:59 PM, said:

Whether a chest is remarkable depends on what is in the chest.
What is in the chest is not remarkable at all on superflat.  The number and contents of the chests do not vary enough from one superflat world to the next to be worth mentioning.

Also, saying that superflat is good only for creative is like saying skyblock is good only for creative,
Read my previous post.  NOWHERE did I say that superflat is good ONLY for creative.  I said that flat grass with unremarkable villages is good for creative, but it's not that great for survival mode.
Posted Image

bluemagic123
  • Location: At school, getting too much homework to sleep at night.
  • Minecraft: bluemagic123

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:47 AM

View PostEdenR, on 15 February 2012 - 03:47 AM, said:

What is in the chest is not remarkable at all on superflat.  The number and contents of the chests do not vary enough from one superflat world to the next to be worth mentioning.

Read my previous post.  NOWHERE did I say that superflat is good ONLY for creative.  I said that flat grass with unremarkable villages is good for creative, but it's not that great for survival mode.
Some chests have saplings, and some don't. Saplings are required to get renewable wood. Very few chests have enough iron ingots for a bucket (instead having iron tools or armor), and a bucket is almost essential for a cobblestone generator.
Some chests have diamond or obsidian, determining whether you could enchant, or whether you could go to the nether and collect even more resources. In case you didn't know, the nether is still what you would call "remarkable." The contents vary a lot for survival. The fact that superflat is "not great" for survival makes it great for a unique challenge, which some people want.