Latest News Article

World, Map in multiplayer problem.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

stubbkrossen
  • Minecraft: stubbkrossen

Posted 19 December 2010 - 11:17 AM

Greetings and salutations.

So I got a little problem with my server...

First of all I do enjoy this game so much and so does my friends.
So we started on a map, but got tired of it so we decided to start a new one.

Just deleted the 'world' folder in the server directory and then started up the server once again. Yes I had the server down when deleted the world. So we play the whole night and then we decide to hit the sack. Morning after we are planning on playing again and I open up the server and join in... only to find out that the old world is back... the horror!

So I tried again, by closing the server, deleting world and starting the server again. A new world appeared. And so we played, next time my PC was shut down the old world was back again.

I have tried to reinstall the server file (minecraft_server.exe) the one with GUI.
But nothing seems to work.

I run a 3.4 ghz AMD Phenom II quad.
Asus crosshair III (ROG) motherboard.
8gb DDR3. (Have just recently switched from 2gb, but the problem existed before the switch as well)
2x crossfire connected xfx 4870 1gb. (2gb total)
Windows pro 32-bit (ENG) (Yes I know that I have loads of RAM useless for the 32-bit OS, but I am getting 64-bit soon enough.)

Think that should sum my computer up. Have a nice one!
"I am insane 'cause I choose to be, not 'cause I got the diagnose!" - Stubbkrossen

Register or log in to remove.

chuckaknuckle

Posted 19 December 2010 - 02:19 PM

The only thing that comes to my mind is that your computer might be doing some kind of system restore. You might check your options for restore points.

Open control panel -> System -> Advanced System Settings -> System Protection -> Select the hard drive you use Minecraft for -> Configure -> And then press delete. Delete will get rid of previous restore points, and I would highly suggest creating another one after deleting all the previous ones. You can create a new restore point by hitting the Windows key on your keyboard, and then type, "Create restore," and you should see Create a restore point. Just open that, and then click create on the window that comes up.

Let me know if that doesn't fix your problem.

I'm retired from this forum.

stubbkrossen
  • Minecraft: stubbkrossen

Posted 20 December 2010 - 08:31 AM

1. Deleted the windows restore point like told to in previous post.

2. Ran the server to verify that it ran the old map(which we don't want)
-verified

3. Closed down the server and made sure that java wasn't running in any of the system processes.
-verified

4. Deleted the 'world' folder in the server directory.

5. Ran the server to make sure a new map was loaded.
-verified

6. Dug forth 3 dirt and put the char next to a tree just to make sure that data was not corrupted or changed in any way and saved it through the server GUI by using the command (save-all).

7. Restarted my pc, by first turning it off and then turning the PSU off and releasing all the remaining power.

8. Started up the server and... the old map was back.

Is there anyother place where the server stores its map information or something? I kinda hate this map, and this issue. Thanks for the suggestion, but there is something else that is mixturing with the server while my computer is turned off.
"I am insane 'cause I choose to be, not 'cause I got the diagnose!" - Stubbkrossen