Register or log in to remove.

KrloOs
    KrloOs

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 876 posts
  • Minecraft: KrloOs

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:38 AM

what? is this a joke? or you're just plain stupid?

Isolanporzellator
  • Minecraft: puschl007

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:38 AM

Why reset? Did you change anything and want to undo it?
Check out my Youtube Channel, just google Isolanporzellator.
Most vids are german, some english vids, too...

PotatoSpork
  • Minecraft: PotatoSpork

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:39 AM

View PostKrloOs, on 14 February 2012 - 07:38 AM, said:

what? is this a joke? or you're just plain stupid?

...? As in reload it. Make a new nether.

View PostIsolanporzellator, on 14 February 2012 - 07:38 AM, said:

Why reset? Did you change anything and want to undo it?

Walked 1000 blocks around my portal and only found 1 nether fortress

KrloOs
    KrloOs

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 876 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:40 AM

View PostPotatoSpork, on 14 February 2012 - 07:39 AM, said:

be more specific, you can't make a new nether in an existing world, if you want a new one, you need a new world too

Isolanporzellator
  • Minecraft: puschl007

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:40 AM

View PostPotatoSpork, on 14 February 2012 - 07:39 AM, said:

To make a new nether, just make a new world  :Skeleton: .
Check out my Youtube Channel, just google Isolanporzellator.
Most vids are german, some english vids, too...

Mod_Chemistry

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:41 AM

View PostPotatoSpork, on 14 February 2012 - 07:33 AM, said:

How do you reset the nether?

If you want to delete the nether in your world and generate a new one, then you open the world's save location (on singleplayer its in %appdata%\.minecraft\saves).

Inside the saves folder navigate into the save-game world that you want to delete the nether in.

So if your world is called world3, then in singleplayer (I assume youre not using a server), you go to %appdata%\.minecraft\saves\world3\.

There, delete the DIM-1 folder (NOTICE, NOT THE DIM1 FOLDER!)

Done, your nether will generate again. Notice: If I am incorrect (I hope, and dont think I am), responsibility of a messed up world is placed on the person who did it, not on me.

Good luck!

KrloOs
    KrloOs

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 876 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:44 AM

View PostMod_Chemistry, on 14 February 2012 - 07:41 AM, said:

If you want to delete the nether in your world and generate a new one, then you open the world's save location (on singleplayer its in %appdata%\.minecraft\saves).

Inside the saves folder navigate into the save-game world that you want to delete the nether in.

So if your world is called world3, then in singleplayer (I assume youre not using a server), you go to %appdata%\.minecraft\saves\world3\.

There, delete the DIM-1 folder (NOTICE, NOT THE DIM1 FOLDER!)

Done, your nether will generate again. Notice: If I am incorrect (I hope, and dont think I am), responsibility of a messed up world is placed on the person who did it, not on me.

Good luck!

that will not do any good, even if he manages to delete the nether, he will get the same one, because he's using the same seed...

PotatoSpork
  • Minecraft: PotatoSpork

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:00 AM

View PostKrloOs, on 14 February 2012 - 07:44 AM, said:

that will not do any good, even if he manages to delete the nether, he will get the same one, because he's using the same seed...

If I were to generate a new world, go into the nether and copy paste that DIM-1 into my original world save, would I get the new nether?

Kopust
    Kopust

Carpenter

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:30 AM

View PostPotatoSpork, on 14 February 2012 - 08:00 AM, said:

If I were to generate a new world, go into the nether and copy paste that DIM-1 into my original world save, would I get the new nether?

why don't you put your world into an archive, and do some stuff to try?
Posted Image

spiderwelll

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:56 PM

delete DIM 1, and i dont mean the guy who posted second

Gzack
    Gzack

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Minecraft: Gzack123

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:49 PM

View PostKrloOs, on 14 February 2012 - 07:44 AM, said:

I'm sorry but either help or gtfo, no one wants you here if your not helping.
[center][url=http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/516745-]Posted Image[/url][/center]

IronMagus

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:18 PM

View PostGzack, on 10 July 2012 - 09:49 PM, said:

I'm sorry but either help or gtfo, no one wants you here if your not helping.
No he makes a valid point (whereas the same can't be said about what you have posted -- perhaps you should heed your own advice...)  You can get a "fresh" nether, as if you had never been there, by deleting the DIM-1 folder from your save, but it won't help you to find a nether fortress because it it will be the same nether as before with the exact same features in the exact same locations, since the terrain generation is based on the world seed which hasn't changed.

Pasting in the DIM-1 from a different save will work, I think, but when you go to explore new areas of the nether they will be generated based on the main world's seed, not the one from which you imported the alternate nether.  This could lead to unwanted and unnatural-looking features (if anything looks "natural" in the nether Posted Image) at the borders between chunks that were generated with one seed and those generated with the other.

If all you want is to find a nether fortress, however, there's no need to delete anything, just switch tactics.  Try exploring in an east-west fashion.  See, nether fortresses generate in "strips" that run along north-south lines.  This means you shouldn't explore in a north-south fashion, because you're likely to end up going on forever between two of these strips without ever crossing over one, and so never seeing a single fortress.  But if you explore east-west (or diagonally, even) then you will cross over these strips at regular intervals, maximizing your chances of spotting a fortress.  Since I've learned this trick, it's never taken me more than ten minutes or so to find a fortress once I start looking for one.

(Another thing that might help is to install OptiFine and turn off the render fog.  The world suddenly just "disappears" at the edge of your render distance, but you can see clearly up until that point, instead of the default behavior where the fog prevents you from seeing the "edge of the world," but also obscures things at closer distances to some degree.)
Village Mechanics: A not-so-brief guide - Update for 1.4! Added subsection on iron farming to the iron golems section. Only ten villagers required to spawn golems (down from sixteen)! Put to rest the "facing doors cancel each other" myth!

View PostTechdolphin, on 30 September 2013 - 08:33 PM, said:

If you say plz because it is shorter than please, I will say no because it is shorter than yes.

lmarshalljr04

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:10 PM

@IronMagus and

Mod_Chemistry

Thanks for tip on resetting the neither..

FreshBread

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:16 PM

^ Seems legit

[ontopic] I think OP wants to reset his nether so quartz will generate. Is that right op?
Posted Image

Coalshower
  • Minecraft: CoalShower

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:15 AM

Reset Nether = Nether Quartz

Yeah go reset the Nether but dont complain if you lose your precious Blaze Farm and other stuff you built.

Posted Image

super4slash

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:36 AM

I'm lazy and couldn't find  a single nether fort so that's why I'm looking at this post

Meowhammad_Ali

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:44 AM

I think that his problem might be that the nether quartz is not showing up in his nether world and he thinks that by reseting it it will appear. I'm having the the quartz problem but I think that it will just be a simple bug fix... hopefully.

View PostMeowhammad_Ali, on 14 March 2013 - 01:40 AM, said:

I think that his problem might be that the nether quartz is not showing up in his nether world and he thinks that by reseting it it will appear. I'm having the the quartz problem but I think that it will just be a simple bug fix... hopefully.

srry didnt see the whole nether fortress thing:/

adracamas
    adracamas

Tree Puncher

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:56 AM

I agree.. the server I am on has pre 1.5 nether and I have yet to find quartz.  Can I assume if I go to an area that hasn't been generated yet it will start making quartz?

Vector
    Vector

Gold Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 459 posts
  • Minecraft: Voidar

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:09 AM

View Postadracamas, on 14 March 2013 - 02:56 AM, said:

I agree.. the server I am on has pre 1.5 nether and I have yet to find quartz.  Can I assume if I go to an area that hasn't been generated yet it will start making quartz?
Yes, because existing chunks aren't replaced; in other words, only newly generated chunks will create quartz since the chunk generation code has been modified before it was actually created.

→  Posted Image

Click me!