The British Academy Video Games Awards have listed a number of hot 2011 titles (including LA Noire, Skyrim, Portal 2 and others) - included on this list is, of course, our favorite sandbox building game! Do you think Minecraft should beat out other, larger triple-A titles? If so, head on over here and make your voice heard - vote for Minecraft today! BAFTA will have a livestream of the awards ceremony on March 16th, so regardless of what title you vote for, feel free to give the ceremony a watch.
Pocket Edition Updates
Recently, Minecraft - Pocket Edition saw a major update, which included Survival elements, new blocks, monsters and more! While the Android version of the game is already updated (simply by starting up your game, if you haven't already), the iOS version update is still pending. It is expected to arrive in the very near future. In the meantime, you can check out the full list of updates, or view a list of the added features below:
- New Game Modes
- Creative (All worlds created before alpha 0.2.0 will be in creative)
- You can fly. (Press the jump button twice) Press up or down arrows twice to ascend/descend.
- There is no crafting yet
- Caves have been worked on a little. (zombies get stuck in caves)
- Some materials (Tools and anything that can not be naturally acquired) are in infinite stacks which is indicated by ∞ (infinity) symbols.
- When an item you have 0 of is selected your fist is shown.
- Added Hitpoints Bar same as computer version (health will slowly regenerate, similar to peaceful difficulty in the computer version).
- Added Air Bar when under water (you can now drown and die)
- Added Death with options to respawn or go to main menu.
- Sand and Gravel still aren't affected by gravity.
- New items
- Stone Shovel
- Stone Pickaxe
- Stone Axe
- Stone Sword
- Fence Gates
Bukkit Site Changes
Have you ever wished that the Bukkit site was a bit more user-friendly for downloads? Was the old interface counter-intuitive and difficult to understand? The Bukkit team seems to feel the same way, and has now updated their site to a more streamlined, user-friendly layout! Bukkit developer EvilSeph summarized the changes:
EvilSeph, Bukkit said: