Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[CTM] Lava Leaps

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

kingkaider
  • Minecraft: kingkaider

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:44 PM

THIS THREAD IS DISCONTINUED. GO TO HERE FOR NEW THREAD.

Lava Leaps is the first in my series of custom maps. Inspired by Vechs' Super Hostile maps, the aim of Lava Leaps is to find all 16 wools scattered around the map and place them on the victory monument.

Posted Image

Posted Image

RULES:
You may break and place any and all blocks.
Wool blocks that were not found in chests (I.E crafted wool or wool from sheep) may not be used on the monument.
No mods that add any new mobs/blocks to the game.
No disabling bedrock fog.
Play on a minimum difficulty of Easy (preferably Normal or Hard)
Don't leave the map. The boundaries are the enormous bedrock walls.

Posted Image

I tried to create a map that still presents a challenge whilst rarely forcing a ragequit. As such, Vechs would probably class this as 'Very Easy', but then again he's mental. Without further ado...

DOWNLOAD

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou!
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

kingkaider

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:01 PM

Bump to say I'm working on the second map in the series, and already have ideas for the third, which possibly may not be a CTM, but we shall see.

Also thanks for the downloads guys, any feedback would be extremely welcome...
Posted Image

padsanda
    padsanda

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:12 PM

Hey, mate - I think the download link might have an extra http// in it.  Also I'm not taking any damage from jumping in lava?  :mellow:  Hm..delete the waypoints and spc settings from the folder I think - this seems to fix the lava issue.

Will have a go at this hopefully in the next few days and holler back. :)

kingkaider

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:21 PM

Grr.

I have issues with my SPC settings randomly enabling and disabling various damages, so I'd forgotten that would happen.
Also now fixed, thanks. :/
Posted Image

ReddCarran
  • Minecraft: Zeffies

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:38 PM

Alrighty Kaider, I got the first video done, but I don't like it. Here it is anyways. xD I suck at commentary.. I'll get better later. x-x

Posted Image

Steam account: Zainger

ReddCarran
  • Minecraft: Zeffies

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:46 AM

The second episode took a while to edit the audio because of a synching problem, but it seems to be fine now. However, there isn't any music this time. I'll add some if you guys say it sucks too bad. xD

Posted Image

Steam account: Zainger

padsanda
    padsanda

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:52 PM

I remember this map, finished, and found the screenshot from the end of February (yay) - my apologies for the delay.  This was a decent map all in all - I imagine it's not the easiest thing to do to think of 16 different areas to place wool, but you did well in this.  Having an endless supply of passive mobs lowers the difficulty level by a peg, but it doesn't seem like you were going for anything over the top or impassible areas.  So at the very least, this cuts down a lot of time spent building farms.  I like the concept of mineral deposits scattered around (I can't remember if this is the right name for it)...also that there are some areas set up just for bonus loot (and records, woohoo!)

Some might say you have an unhealthy obsession with spiders...just sayin Posted Image .  Besides that, the map as a whole tended to be a bit random.  There's not much of a common theme which ties the areas together.  Sure, some have a bit of a story to it, but kind of scattered around...I know it's called 'lava leaps' and everything is in 'lava' - the setting is obviously well taken.  The areas themselves are nice and well designed, but I didn't pick up on much of a flow between them.

I'm trying to think of what thoughts came up when I played.  IIRC, there is an obsidian area with a sign saying something about digging far enough for a reward - this was well before diamond and no chance of spending 4 minutes breaking each block...hope it wasn't anything important.  There are also a few chests with items that never lost durability (more info below).  So well done on your (first?) map and thanks for putting it out here.  BTW, I loaded this up with MC 1.2.3 and it seems to convert just fine with no crashes like some others are experiencing so it looks as though this is MC 1.2 friendly.

Monument - bottom row represents the order in which the wools were obtained (to give an indication of the routes I chose to take)
Spoiler:

kingkaider

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:14 PM

View Postpadsanda, on 08 March 2012 - 10:52 PM, said:

Spoiler:

In the
Spoiler:

Posted Image

padsanda
    padsanda

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:08 AM

View Postkingkaider, on 08 March 2012 - 11:14 PM, said:

In the
Spoiler:
Yeah - that seems about right, I believe that is the one.

DrCubeFace999
  • Minecraft: billboy2

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:23 AM

looks good think i will give it a try.... message me if you want a vid