• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Ultimate Zombie Survival- How Long Can You Last?

survival zombie horde how long?

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

fuzzball74
  • Minecraft: Fuzzball74

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:30 PM

Hello everyone this map I created myself and it's basically a zombie survival. The aim is to Survive as long as possible. Please play this map on Minecraft 1.2. Note you must play this map in the new 'Anvil' world format or it will not work. Download the latest snapshot to get that!

You start with very basic weapons and there is a chance to gain more from killing zombies and skeletons (rare drops). Also there are zombie pigmen for gold weapons and villagers to spice up the map a little bit. Also there is a chance that creepers, enderman and other mobs who are not intended to spawn may spawn due to darkness so be careful. In addition you must play on hard difficulty as zombies break doors, and you may not break/place blocks. Please leave any feedback and improvements I should add. If you want to make a video please send me the link and if it's good enough I'll put it below. Support me by recommending this map to your friends or by subscribing to my youtube channel (the more subs I get the more minecraft related things I'll do). Check out my videos here and don't forget to like, comment and subscribe: http://www.youtube.c...74?feature=mhee
Enjoy the map!

Here's a picture of the map:
Posted Image

And another:
Posted Image

This is a video by my youtube partner (we share the same channel):

Checkout this video by tim13211 (youtube-Nicholsont):

Another video by DaveDragonface:

Get the map here (I know it's adfly but it takes only five seconds to download and it really supports me so if you can't wait then you can't play):
http://adf.ly/5zFv2
Get BAD-ASS mode here (what are you a wimp):
http://adf.ly/6KaSm

Planned:
- Brewing room;
- New secret areas/chests;
- Add smaller buildings out in the dark;
- Expand the playing area;
- Landmines/traps for mobs/player.

Version:
1.2: Added iron block for Iron Golem... you have to find the pumpkins to make them!
1.1: Changed spawn (big thanks to thebigface for that), Merged single-player with multi-player (they will now be a single map that updates together).
1.0: Added a new spawn area that prevent the player getting completely over run should they die.
0.9: Added sniping balconies, Removed diamond armor and spread it to "harder to get to places", Added an easter egg for what might be happening in a future update (see if you can find it), made the nether more dangerous (find diamond armor here).
0.8: Added ruined second floor, removed spider spawners, reduced number of other spawners, added leather armor enchanted with projectile protection I in starting chest (to defend against skeletons), added a iron smite II sword in the starting chest. Added cracked stone into house walls.
0.7: Removed obsidian tower (replaced with cleaner method), removed ladders-the player must now find a lever to get to the roof, added iron bars at some windows to make it harder for mobs to get in without zombies breaking doors first.
0.6: Removed annoying half-slabs under the dirt that makes the player get stuck.
0.5: Removed lights from outside, added four ladders that you must find to get to the roof, added large obsidian structure that does nothing and you should ignore as it's for technical things, moved enchantment station to more convenient place, added chest to the roof that can help with the nether part.
0.4: Added nether access (same but with nether mobs), removed bow materials, added more armor in starting chest(leather only), began adding secret dispensers (some with mobs and "rares"), removed lights from near chests, added obsidian layer two blocks below map to prevent creeper damage, removed some bookshelves to allow for lower-end enchantments.
0.3: Added enchantment, the materials for a bow in start chest (the crafting bench is hidden), Added easter egg for a future update, can you find it!
0.2: Added secret chests, jukebox and removed spider spawners.
0.1: Basic start, no secret chests, annoying spiders.

Below are the versions for the other game modes (single-player above):
The BAD-ASS version log: (Current version 1.0.1)
Spoiler:

Register or log in to remove.

fuzzball74

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:27 PM

Updated to 0.2, check it out! Added secret chests and a jukebox with hidden records. Also removed spider spawners as they were too annoying! Enjoy!

thebigface
  • Minecraft: TheSupremeFace

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:42 PM

Looks interesting, i'll check it out

thebigface

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:55 PM

Holy Snap, this is AWESOME!!, especially with the  pre release update , its very fun, make more please :D

fuzzball74

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:08 PM

View Postthebigface, on 12 February 2012 - 10:55 PM, said:

Holy Snap, this is AWESOME!!, especially with the  pre release update , its very fun, make more please :D

Wow thanks, I never expected that kind of reaction, sure I'll add some more soon, If you want feel free to leave a suggestion on what to do next.

thebigface

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:24 PM

I think you should improve this a bit more, make it as awesome as possible,

my idea is that below the wooden floor is sand slabs right (i know this from creepers)?  Instead, how about make it a drop to the void.

And possibly make it a hardcore map to ensure that people are on HARD difficulty.

Also, something I noticed, when selecting the map, it says Slab Test World

I really wanna try this with my friends now, speaking of which, make a multiplayer version with more items in the chest.

Might make a video too.

cookingfat

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:51 PM

Just been playing this for the last hour or so, it's great fun!

managed to get 8XP and 140 points and even tackled a spider jockey.

gonna keep playing some more, it's cool.

edit - not managed to find a bow yet, maybe it would be more fun if there was one in the chest to start with

fuzzball74

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:34 AM

View Postthebigface, on 12 February 2012 - 11:24 PM, said:

I think you should improve this a bit more, make it as awesome as possible,

my idea is that below the wooden floor is sand slabs right (i know this from creepers)?  Instead, how about make it a drop to the void.

And possibly make it a hardcore map to ensure that people are on HARD difficulty.

Also, something I noticed, when selecting the map, it says Slab Test World

I really wanna try this with my friends now, speaking of which, make a multiplayer version with more items in the chest.

Might make a video too.

I will take into consideration some of your ideas, what do you think of having an enchantment table in the house?

View Postcookingfat, on 12 February 2012 - 11:51 PM, said:

Just been playing this for the last hour or so, it's great fun!

managed to get 8XP and 140 points and even tackled a spider jockey.

gonna keep playing some more, it's cool.

edit - not managed to find a bow yet, maybe it would be more fun if there was one in the chest to start with

I will add a bow in the chest in the next update. :)

thebigface

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:20 AM

Alright, DONT add a bow in the chest, I've gotten one from a skelly before, no bow adds on to the challenge.  And I was gonna suggest enchantment table too, but then I wanted to play your epic map again :D.

So no bow in chest please, but keep arrows.  I think the chest is fine as it is for now, unless you're making a multiplayer version.

I managed to get full iron set from zombies :D

fuzzball74

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:17 AM

Update 0.3 is out! With enchanting, also keep an eye out for the easter egg of what will be coming next update. In addition the materials needed to craft a bow have been put in the start chest, but you'll have to find the workbench to craft it. Please leave suggestions on what you want next.

cookingfat

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:02 AM

View Postfuzzball74, on 13 February 2012 - 02:17 AM, said:

Update 0.3 is out! With enchanting, also keep an eye out for the easter egg of what will be coming next update. In addition the materials needed to craft a bow have been put in the start chest, but you'll have to find the workbench to craft it. Please leave suggestions on what you want next.

there's hardly any monsters in this one for some reason and maybe thebigface was right about not putting a bow in, it does make it much easier now.

edit - if you switch to peaceful, then back to hard it's better on 0.3

tim13211
    tim13211

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 510 posts
  • Minecraft: Tim13211

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:27 AM

I love this map! It's an awesome idea and it takes advantage of some of the new features in 1.2 update. I just made a video for it, its uploading to youtube now.
<insert something worthy of LOL'ing out loud here>

fuzzball74

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:28 AM

View Postcookingfat, on 13 February 2012 - 03:02 AM, said:

there's hardly any monsters in this one for some reason and maybe thebigface was right about not putting a bow in, it does make it much easier now.

edit - if you switch to peaceful, then back to hard it's better on 0.3

I will change the bow situation in 0.4. Also I will destroy some of the lights around the chests so that there are more spawns.

fuzzball74

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:45 AM

View Posttim13211, on 13 February 2012 - 03:27 AM, said:

I love this map! It's an awesome idea and it takes advantage of some of the new features in 1.2 update. I just made a video for it, its uploading to youtube now.
Nice one, please send me the link to this video and I'll include it in the forum post!

Quick little question for you guys: Should in 0.5 the house be more repaired e.g. Not as many holes mainly doors, some glass panes (but not all) where the windows are, holes in the roof fixed etc. Let me know what you think!

fuzzball74

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:56 AM

Update 0.4 is out, download it now to check it out! Please check the version log to see changes!

Rubix_Revenge
  • Minecraft: Rubix_Revenge

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:04 AM

Nice man Love it Great job!
Posted Image

thebigface

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:28 PM

I leave for one night, and you update it twice... Man I really want to show this to my buddies now :P.

thebigface

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:33 PM

I think the enchantment table should be moved, feels out of place or randomly put in.

Possibly put it on the other side of where the chest is?  This is just a suggestion, still great though.

winstonthedog

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:37 PM

Wow, pretty nice, but i only survived around 5 minutes XD

thebigface

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:51 PM

Another suggestion, maybe remove any torches that's outside?  Will make leaving the building that much more dangerous and eery.

I was also thinking of maybe adding a second floor, and that floor can have the chest, items, etc...