4 replies to this topic

jzel
    jzel

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1083 posts
  • Minecraft: jzel

Posted 18 December 2010 - 09:15 PM

I have a great idea that I think could help lots of people. A smooth texture pack. I'm not talking about a HD 64x64 one, I just mean have the pixels being smoothed out in a texture pack for motion sick people because of the sharpness of the pixels. Also, for it to be easier for new players, it should already be in the texture pack screen.
Jzel, official minecraft addict.

Register or log in to remove.

matejdro
    matejdro

Iron Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 316 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 09:57 PM

AFAIK only way to "smooth out" pixels is to increase their resolution. So "64x64HD" is only solution.

Mr Torb
    Mr Torb

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1325 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 12:48 AM

Dude, you should take a look at the mapping and modding section in the forums. You can't throw a cat at it without hitting 5 "smooth" texture packs.
~ I've thought about the phrase 'Money is the root of all evil' and I have to disagree. Evil isn't dependant on an object. I say that want is the root of all evil.

jzel
    jzel

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1083 posts
  • Minecraft: jzel

Posted 19 December 2010 - 02:41 AM

Mr Torb said:

Dude, you should take a look at the mapping and modding section in the forums. You can't throw a cat at it without hitting 5 "smooth" texture packs.
I mean already in the texture pack screen because some new players might have a hard time putting a texture pack in.
Jzel, official minecraft addict.

matejdro
    matejdro

Iron Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 316 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 09:45 AM

Yes it may be good idea to have some kind of installer. So people just download texture packs and double click on downloaded file.

Another problem is that you also have to patch the client since packs larger than 16x16 are not officially supported.