• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

How do I set custom spawn point?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

egamadMC

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:02 PM

Hey all, and sorry for being a noob, but I'm making an adventure map and I would like to know, how to make new players spawn in a specific location.

I googled it, but I only got results like "sleep in a bed", which isn't gonna work for new players. :(

And BTW, I'm making it in creative mode, is there a better way of doing it?

TIA, egamadMC
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

MC___Jeff

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:04 PM

download MCEdit (link at the bottom and set the spawn with that :) hop it helped

Download it here

oh and also download too many items. you can use this to switch between creative and survival. i used it for my map :)

Red......Yellow........Green........Blue........Purple

cyber10kid
    cyber10kid

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1121 posts
  • Minecraft: cyber10kid
  • Xbox:Cyber Triix

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:05 PM

you need either MCedit or a server.........
on mcedit you set a new spawn point witht the tool......
on a server you need bukkit essentials and you just set a new spawn with /set spawn

Hey guys! Click on my pic to friend me, (+) my posts or just say WAS UP CYBER!!

Posted Image

djblocksaway
  • Minecraft: djblocksaway

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:09 PM

Hi if this is single player i know 2 ways, You can user WorldEdit For single play (requires singleplayercommands,Google it)

and second there is MCedit i put some links at the bottom if you cant find them (MCedit is difficult to use)

MCedit
http://www.minecraft...ith-mc-beta-18/

SinglePlayercommands+worledit
http://www.minecraft...icial-download/

How To Install Single Player Commands

With singleplayer commands you just stand where you want the spawn to be and than press t to open the console that type setspawn

Hope you work it out in the end if you dont just send me a message

+1 Rep If i helped

Chalybs_Levitas
  • Minecraft: Chalybs_Levitas

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:13 PM

I'm not sure on the count of server-side maps, but if you make the file for SSP (that they then download), then you can just save and quit where and with what you want your players to start with.

GENERATION 26: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Posted Image

egamadMC

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:29 PM

Thanks for your replies, I'll give the MCedit a go, seems like the way to do it.  :)
Posted Image

egamadMC

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:33 PM

Ok guys, I encountered another problem - it seems that I can't set the spawn point to the nether?  :o  :(

The icon in MCedit is red and I can't select it.. Is there any way around this? A major part of my map depends on it. :(
Posted Image

zachary572

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:38 PM

View PostegamadMC, on 12 February 2012 - 07:33 PM, said:

Ok guys, I encountered another problem - it seems that I can't set the spawn point to the nether?  :o  :(

The icon in MCedit is red and I can't select it.. Is there any way around this? A major part of my map depends on it. :(

put a portal in the nether and put the spawn where the portal takes u

Bromoc
    Bromoc

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:50 PM

View Postzachary572, on 12 February 2012 - 08:38 PM, said:

put a portal in the nether and put the spawn where the portal takes u

I'd also make the whole cavern of the portal obsidian so new players won't be able to break through. Though old players may have some issue.

Or possible to mod the spawn code? not sure. I'm new to MC, but am a professional programer.

W3aselalber45

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:10 PM

mcedit for me doesn't make a player spawn in one exact block where I want them to be, it spawns them about 10 or so blocks away from where i placed the spawn point.

BlackDeath1999916

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:30 AM

View PostW3aselalber45, on 05 June 2013 - 10:10 PM, said:

mcedit for me doesn't make a player spawn in one exact block where I want them to be, it spawns them about 10 or so blocks away from where i placed the spawn point.
That is the actual game not mcedit.

Feare
    Feare

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Location: In the land of Bacon and Rainbows, molesting baby crabs.
  • Minecraft: RandomGuy_13

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:53 AM

There's a much easier way of doing this..

Just turn on cheats, stand where you want the player to spawn, then type /spawnpoint. Just take note that if you do this while standing on a pressure plate, it will glitch up and not work, so if you're standing on a pressure plate, make sure you set the spawn a couple of blocks above it.

~Feare_104

FlameMetaKnight
  • Minecraft: FlameMetaKnight
  • Xbox:Don't Have One

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:57 PM

You make a bunch of tripwires in the spawnpoint and attach it to CMD blocks saying /tp or /spawnpoint
Posted Image

warriorprincess13

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:49 AM

The cheat code for setting your spawn point is /set spawn, although recently it has not been working for me.Posted Image

johnny456789

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:38 AM

Type /give (your username) 137 1
Its a commandblock then right clik the commandblock after placing it then type in /spawnpoint @a
U did it u made a customspawnpoint