• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

make continuous redstone circuits (tutorial)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

iampeppino
    iampeppino

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 905 posts
  • Minecraft: iampeppino

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:48 PM

hey i dont have a ton of redstone knowledge but lately i have been messing around with it a little bit, im sure theres a good chance someone already did all this stuff but i haven't seen it before. so i made a tutorial for other people who dont know how to do it, but i was wondering what do you guys think of the video, the designs and what are some cool uses for this technology?

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

DouggieG
    DouggieG

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:58 PM

Posted Image
mine's toggle-able.

iampeppino
    iampeppino

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 905 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:09 PM

View PostDouggieG, on 11 February 2012 - 09:58 PM, said:

Posted Image
mine's toggle-able.
nice,. this one can be too if you add a switch, i showed it in the video right before i test the speed of the arrow dispensers, but i guess i didnt mention it, but yours looks a lot more compact, good design. mine might not be the most efficiant but i was proud of it considering i have pretty much never used redstone before. but now im trying to kinda teach myself ome stuff and look at a few tutorials to learn better designs and stuff.
Posted Image

123seth789
  • Minecraft: lizardslap

Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:24 AM

you can make the arrows shoot faster by doing this

:: :: :arrow:
  :Red: :Red:  :soil:  
:soil: :soil: :soil:

:Red: redstone
:soil: building block
:arrow: dispenser
:: air
Posted Image
dont let him die click!!!

Magix
    Magix

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2743 posts
  • Minecraft: Magixx

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:37 AM

For future reference, this is called a pulser (some people call it pulsar but that sounds way too stupid). Not useful for many things since it doesn't really work with inverters/repeaters, but for dispensers and such it's ok.

Why you don't want to call it a repeater is because a repeater is used to define
a ) Redstone Repeater, an item that extends a signal past the otherwise 15 block limit, acts as a diode, and delayer
or
b ) Two NOT gates hooked up together, with the purpose of also extending a signal past the otherwise 15 block limit.
Posted Image

iampeppino
    iampeppino

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 905 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:42 AM

View Post123seth789, on 12 February 2012 - 01:24 AM, said:

you can make the arrows shoot faster by doing this

:: :: :arrow:
  :Red: :Red:  :soil:  
:soil: :soil: :soil:

:Red: redstone
:soil: building block
:arrow: dispenser
:: air

ok thanks! good to know! :)

View PostMagix, on 12 February 2012 - 02:37 AM, said:

For future reference, this is called a pulser (some people call it pulsar but that sounds way too stupid). Not useful for many things since it doesn't really work with inverters/repeaters, but for dispensers and such it's ok.

Why you don't want to call it a repeater is because a repeater is used to define
a ) Redstone Repeater, an item that extends a signal past the otherwise 15 block limit, acts as a diode, and delayer
or
b ) Two NOT gates hooked up together, with the purpose of also extending a signal past the otherwise 15 block limit.
also good to know! i will try call it that from now on. in my next video (which is being uploaded now) i use one to make a light sensative alarm clock (using ethoslabs light sensor) and i still called it a repeater :/ but people will know what i mean.
Posted Image