Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Minecraft 2D

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Minecrafter9842
  • Minecraft: aidenreed

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:17 PM

Minecraft Classic 2D took awhile for me to make. I used two platforms, Gamemaker 7 and Multimedia Fusion. Now it is finally released in it's 1.2 stage.

This update included the following:

Spoiler:

Here is a picture of what the game looks like and all of it's blocks.

Spoiler:

Here is the download link if you wish to download this amazing game, and please leave a rating!

http://www.mediafire...ss5lqp95wxp19yz
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

chris32
    chris32

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 288 posts
  • Minecraft: chris32

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:22 PM

Good idea, but it's not original
theres already like 10 Minecraft 2D games out there
Click here to see the Voxelvein Modders' Mods: http://adf.ly/DfOHv
Posted Image

Taizz
    Taizz

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1751 posts
  • Minecraft: Taizzz

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:28 PM

I'm gonna download now.
EDIT: Reminds me of InvDev :P
Nice try :)

Have I helped you? If I have why not help me back and hit the Posted Image down below? :D

Minecrafter9842

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:30 PM

View PostTaizz, on 11 February 2012 - 03:28 PM, said:

I'm gonna download now.

Cool. I have wanted to put this public for awhile now.
Posted Image

Minecrafter9842

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:33 PM

I made this for pixel art because it is fLAT AND 2D, so it's still pretty creative right?
Posted Image

Taizz
    Taizz

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1751 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:36 PM

View Postfortis_animo, on 11 February 2012 - 03:22 PM, said:

no, it's not like terraria.
saying that is like saying minecraft is a 3d terraria.
terraria is way more adventurous and RPG style, while minecraft is freebuild, imagination.

shut up about terraria in the MINECRAFT forums.
Your allowed to speak about other games in the Forums, that's why there's an 'Other Games' Section.

Have I helped you? If I have why not help me back and hit the Posted Image down below? :D

thenerdal
    thenerdal

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2272 posts
  • Minecraft: thenerdal

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:38 PM

View PostMinecrafter9842, on 11 February 2012 - 03:33 PM, said:

I made this for pixel art because it is fLAT AND 2D, so it's still pretty creative right?

Yeah, you can pretty much only do pixel art in 2D Minecraft, which can also be done in Terraria.

MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit | AMD Athlon II X4 635 | 4.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 | BIOSTAR Group A880GU3 | ASUS VH238 | 1024MB GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Gigabyte) | 313GB Western Digital WDC WD3200AAJB-00J3A0 | TSSTcorp CDW/DVD TS-H492A | Realtek High Definition Audio

Minecrafter9842

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:43 PM

View Postthenerdal, on 11 February 2012 - 03:38 PM, said:

Yeah, you can pretty much only do pixel art in 2D Minecraft, which can also be done in Terraria.

Yeah but Terraria doesn't have wool so it is harder to make Pixel Art.
Posted Image

thenerdal
    thenerdal

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2272 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:46 PM

View PostMinecrafter9842, on 11 February 2012 - 03:43 PM, said:

Yeah but Terraria doesn't have wool so it is harder to make Pixel Art.

You don't need wool for pixel art. Just different colors of pixels.

MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit | AMD Athlon II X4 635 | 4.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 | BIOSTAR Group A880GU3 | ASUS VH238 | 1024MB GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Gigabyte) | 313GB Western Digital WDC WD3200AAJB-00J3A0 | TSSTcorp CDW/DVD TS-H492A | Realtek High Definition Audio

Taizz
    Taizz

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1751 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:51 PM

View Postfortis_animo, on 11 February 2012 - 03:42 PM, said:

NOPE

I do believe that you sir just won my internets

is this the 'other games' section?
No, but there's no rule against talking about other games in other topics. It's not like the creator of this thread based it on Terraria, but that doens't mean people can't compare the 2 games.

Varuna
    Varuna

Gold Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 389 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:52 PM

So... basically Minecraft in 2D with a hint of Terraria added with a touch of a development stage and a thread piece posted on the forums for some fresh smell of attention.

Not to hurt your feelings or anything bud, but you have no innovation at all. Being honest, I wouldn't play your game and I have no idea why you call it amazing.

Posted Image

thenerdal
    thenerdal

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2272 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:52 PM

View Postfortis_animo, on 11 February 2012 - 03:50 PM, said:

I thought it was obvious from the next quote in my replies...

I never said 2D Minecraft wouldn't be creative anymore, just less creative and that you only could make Pixel art.

Minecrafter9842

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:56 PM

View PostVaruna, on 11 February 2012 - 03:52 PM, said:

So... basically Minecraft in 2D with a hint of Terraria added with a touch of a development stage and a thread piece posted on the forums for some fresh smell of attention.

Not to hurt your feelings or anything bud, but you have no innovation at all. Being honest, I wouldn't play your game and I have no idea why you call it amazing.

Have you even tried it? I worked hars on this and it is pretty fun. You can't just judge something from a picture. It is just like MC Classic except 2D. And why would you even waste your time posting the comment which kind of makes me feel bad, if you wern't interested?
Posted Image

Tejedu
    Tejedu

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 729 posts
  • Minecraft: Xamc

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:58 PM

Looks pretty cool! How will you make the redstone work?
Posted Image

Forcesaber

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:00 PM

View Postfortis_animo, on 11 February 2012 - 03:22 PM, said:

no, it's not like terraria.
saying that is like saying minecraft is a 3d terraria.
terraria is way more adventurous and RPG style, while minecraft is freebuild, imagination.

shut up about terraria in the MINECRAFT forums.

Forum goers have the right to discuss whatever they'd like. Also the point you made is invalid. Never-the-less, this game idea isn't exactly original, it does take on the likes of Terraria and other 2D mini platform Minecraft games.
Posted Image

Minecrafter9842

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:02 PM

View PostTejedu, on 11 February 2012 - 03:58 PM, said:

Looks pretty cool! How will you make the redstone work?

Dude, did you look at the image? There is no redstone.
Posted Image

thenerdal
    thenerdal

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2272 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:03 PM

I tried it. Not exciting. Reminds me of Minecraft for the iPhone but in 2D, boring. It's not original man. :(

I know it's in it's development stage, but as you move forward and add more things, you'll end up turning it into something like Terraria.

What i'd do if I were you, is make a game like what Notch did with Minicraft, but expand on it.

I do like that you know how to code though.

And make it as an app instead of a desktop game. You'd get good success with that.

Blockhappy
  • Minecraft: Pikmon2

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:02 PM

View Postthenerdal, on 11 February 2012 - 04:03 PM, said:

And make it as an app instead of a desktop game. You'd get good success with that.

So he could get sued? Thats nice of you to think that.

But anyways, I know a lot of people are hurting your feelings ect., but if you wanted to make something with pixel art, why not just make a drawing program using minecraft blocks, then people could use what they made and test it out in real Minecraft. Ya know?

- Blockhappy

Taizz
    Taizz

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1751 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:09 PM

View PostVaruna, on 11 February 2012 - 03:52 PM, said:

Ok, so seeing by your post, criticising other people's innovation, and desire to try and interest people, what would you put in this game that would be a brand new original idea, to make it so awesome? I'd like to see you try to go through the effort this guy has. People like you have no idea how long it takes to make games like this. It might lose your interest within a matter of minutes, but in all seriousness, this probably took hours to make. I have spent hours working on simple games such as a tower defence game. I have been working on it for about 5 hours now, and it is still full of bugs, and the towers can barely be placed down without a new bug being found. As well as this the creator of this still bothers to put in updates for it, so it shows that he is trying to make people enjoy it more, even if it isn't up to your incredible standards.

What I'm trying to say is, that to an ordinary gamer this might look simple, and as this person is new to the forum, an easy target to troll on. This guy would have spent hours working on this, most probably for educational purposes and to try and give people something to do, as of course he wouldn't be able to sell this due to copyright. If your going to hate on something like this without being able to make this yourself, then you should feel ashamed. So unless you don't have something constructive to say I recommend you get out of here and do something decent with your own time instead of hating on what other people do in their time.

Sillen
    Sillen

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3000 posts
  • Minecraft: Sickan

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:34 PM

That's nice. You just pulled a company out of your ass.
AND and OR should be renamed BOTH and EITHER.