• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

AndyExE
    AndyExE

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:57 AM

So I was testing the new snapshow and I found an npc village with some zombies in it and saw 3 zombies gang up on a villager

Register or log in to remove.

Repeatist

Posted 09 February 2012 - 12:01 PM

Am I cruel for thinking this is cool? If it is true, thereof.

paperchaos
  • Minecraft: paperchaos

Posted 09 February 2012 - 12:09 PM

the testificates stare at you and slimes aswell!

darthmaulerX

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:14 PM

The only issue I can see with this is that one day when they finally implement actually interactions with the NPCs (trading, quests, whatever), someone is going to find an NPC village nearby their main base that they didn't know existed and be livid because all of the NPCs are dead before they even knew they were there.

I'm guessing something will change in the future to address this, but it doesn't seem to be the most well thought out idea right now. Especially, now that zombies can break down doors in hard mode, which is all the NPCs got to protect them.

On hard in order to keep NPCs alive you would have to build an impenetrable wall around a village and light up the inside better than they do, as soon as you found them. This sort of seems silly because you think if they were capable of creating a village/society like that they would at least be able to defeat the zombies that come every night.
When no one was looking, the Endermen took forty blocks.
They took 40 blocks. That’s as many as four tens. And that’s horrible.

Krova
    Krova

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4151 posts
  • Minecraft: Emporis

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:17 PM

View PostdarthmaulerX, on 09 February 2012 - 01:14 PM, said:

The only issue I can see with this is that one day when they finally implement actually interactions with the NPCs (trading, quests, whatever), someone is going to find an NPC village nearby their main base that they didn't know existed and be livid because all of the NPCs are dead before they even knew they were there.

I'm guessing something will change in the future to address this, but it doesn't seem to be the most well thought out idea right now. Especially, now that zombies can break down doors in hard mode, which is all the NPCs got to protect them.

On hard in order to keep NPCs alive you would have to build an impenetrable wall around a village and light up the inside better than they do, as soon as you found them. This sort of seems silly because you think if they were capable of creating a village/society like that they would at least be able to defeat the zombies that come every night.
I was thinking about that too...

I'm honestly okay with having to defend a village in Hard mode (that would add a nice layer of complex difficulty, after all), and as for how they managed to build a village, well, maybe it's a village from before the Great Zombification.

Minecraft is best craft.Posted Image

ThePGtipsy

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:47 PM

Or can't you jsut replace the wooden doors with Iron doors? Far as i'm aware zombies can't break iron doors

Krova
    Krova

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4151 posts
  • Minecraft: Emporis

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:48 PM

View PostThePGtipsy, on 09 February 2012 - 01:47 PM, said:

Or can't you jsut replace the wooden doors with Iron doors? Far as i'm aware zombies can't break iron doors
I've heard that they can break iron doors in the latest snapshot, but it's due to a bug.

Minecraft is best craft.Posted Image

JonathanTheBlack

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:01 PM

I love this. I want the hard mode to be even harder. Spawn special zombies that break down iron doors too.

EmpireDYF
  • Minecraft: Dyf

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:25 PM

This is going to suck if Villagers can't respawn =/

KyoShinda
    KyoShinda

Enderman Ender

• Members
  • 8155 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:28 PM

Villagers might get guards at the village right? Hopefully they keep it in complete equilibrium.
Posted Image

Blackbart1911

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:32 PM

View PostAndyExE, on 09 February 2012 - 11:57 AM, said:

So I was testing the new snapshow and I found an npc village with some zombies in it and saw 3 zombies gang up on a villager

So zombies are now utility mobs?  :lol:

Bizzy
    Bizzy

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:36 PM

I just noticed this too! I spawned a zombie at night, and it attacked a villager. The villager ran into his house, but since I was on hard, the zombie destroyed the door, and murdered the villager! That's kind of cruel... But I REALLY love the interaction between vilagers and other mobs! The AI is getting better every update!
Posted Image

Happy Fun Ball

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:39 PM

This is actually good if you want to build zombie traps. Have a villager at one end of a hallway, which would lure zombies over a pressure plate that triggers a piston that pushes them down a deep pit or lava or something.
Posted Image

Homem Pigman

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:40 PM

Hmm, time to release the zombie hordes.

Posted Image

GorgeousTaylor

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:41 PM

The issue you guys are worried about, has been addressed preemptively. Villagers go inside at nighttime. :P

EDIT: Oh wait, zombies break down doors now. O.o

KyoShinda
    KyoShinda

Enderman Ender

• Members
  • 8155 posts

It's so funny watching them run with their little arms folded. :iapprove:
Posted Image

VileAssassin

Is this a bug?

Or do you think villagers will be able to defend themselves at some point?

If we assume they can, then we can infer too things from this ability.

1. Testificates will have limb movements.

2. Testificates will need a way to spawn back naturally.

Both are exciting notions.

defiler86

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:43 PM

Neato.

Hope villagers spawn with guards that defend other villagers from both mobs and hostile players.

Bizzy
    Bizzy

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:43 PM

Lol, the zombie just bashed through the door and murdered a villager. It's partner is cornered:
Posted Image
Poor guy! The zombie doesn't seem to walk around the table though... Maybe he just wanted a friend!
Posted Image

Homem Pigman

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:45 PM

View PostBizzy, on 09 February 2012 - 04:43 PM, said:

Lol, the zombie just bashed through the door and murdered a villager. It's partner is cornered:

-snip-

Poor guy! The zombie doesn't seem to walk around the table though... Maybe he just wanted a friend!

You just watched two murders happen, while holding a diamond sword.

Who's the monster now?

Posted Image