Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

How do you disabe a blaze spawner?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

i_Hug_creepers
  • Minecraft: gOtSoCcEr

Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:45 PM

I came up with an idea for a blaze grinder where I surround it on all sides with fenced in, watered-down snow golems. But I'm afraid they'll start attacking me before I finish. I've tryed covering the spawner with everything from torches to glowstone, but they keep spawning. How do I temporarily stop spawning without destroying the spawner?
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Bizzy
    Bizzy

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:46 PM

Throw torches not only on the spawner, but also a couple of blocks around it. Blazes can spawn at high light levels, so you need A LOT of torches, like 1 torch every 2 blocks.
Posted Image

ethan1413
  • Minecraft: ethan1413

Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:46 PM

View Posti_Hug_creepers, on 08 February 2012 - 01:45 PM, said:

I came up with an idea for a blaze grinder where I surround it on all sides with fenced in, watered-down snow golems. But I'm afraid they'll start attacking me before I finish. I've tryed covering the spawner with everything from torches to glowstone, but they keep spawning. How do I temporarily stop spawning without destroying the spawner?
Its usless making something to kill them. YOU have to kill them yourself or you get nothing.

Posted Image

steunzool
  • Minecraft: steunzool

Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:47 PM

hmmmm maybe put your game on peaceful?

Posted Image

Bizzy
    Bizzy

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:48 PM

View Postethan1413, on 08 February 2012 - 01:46 PM, said:

Its usless making something to kill them. YOU have to kill them yourself or you get nothing.

You do get blaze rods, right? But no xp.
Posted Image

last_username

Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:50 PM

Light level 12 or higher prevents blazes from spawning, but it might be easier to just fill in the spawnable space with blocks. You will need 8x8x2 blocks. Check the wiki for the exact details of where to place them.

Atheu
    Atheu

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:52 PM

If you are on Single Player, Connect a redstone torch and the spawner with a redstone wire

steunzool
  • Minecraft: steunzool

Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:59 PM

View PostAtheu, on 08 February 2012 - 01:52 PM, said:

If you are on Single Player, Connect a redstone torch and the spawner with a redstone wire

does that work? wow i didnt knew that!

Posted Image

brendanan
  • Minecraft: Mimodo

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:00 PM

You need to cover every block within a large space (even outside the platform the spawner is on) with torches

Alternatively, you cover the spawner with dirt (or another material)

Go out 3 blocks on each side... The same level as the spawner, and the one above... That gives to a 7*7 area... Then you need to make it 8*8. The direction in which x and z decrease (f3) is the corner that needs to be extended. Remove all torches and you'll still be safe. Also makes it easy to make any kind of trap
Brendanan (mimodo) - Dwarf Mining Founder, Dwarven City Founder - Co-coordinator
Posted Image(Interested? PM me)

AC3D
    AC3D

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 280 posts
  • Minecraft: guitarmen

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:02 PM

that is a mod; spawner GUI by risugami

Posted Image

Atheu
    Atheu

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:32 PM

View Poststeunzool, on 08 February 2012 - 01:59 PM, said:

does that work? wow i didnt knew that!

It's how I set up my Mob spawners in my adventure maps
okay yeah it is spawner gui, thought i saw something about it on the wiki though.

Ratnix
    Ratnix

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 554 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:48 PM

I block off the room so they can't get out and then use a piston and dirt to fill in the spawnable space for them.

View PostBC_Programming, on 21 September 2011 - 12:10 PM, said:

Trying to get games written for windows to work on a Linux machine is like trying to put a diaper on an incontinent buffalo. Sure, you might get it all done, but you'll certainly be left with a huge mess, and it's very time consuming.

kubsgfd
    kubsgfd

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Minecraft: examplefan221

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:55 PM

cool didnt know that! :Skeleton: :iapprove: :rolleyes:
Posted Image

i_Hug_creepers
  • Minecraft: gOtSoCcEr

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:19 PM

View Postethan1413, on 08 February 2012 - 01:46 PM, said:

I don't care about xp in this case. I have an xp farm in the overworld.

View Poststeunzool, on 08 February 2012 - 01:47 PM, said:

hmmmm maybe put your game on peaceful?
Haha.

No.

What would that do? And whatever it does, does it work on other spawner types as well?
Posted Image

Toaster200024

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:52 AM

Poor lava on it, also cover other areas with blocks that they could spawn on.

IronMagus

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

View PostBizzy, on 08 February 2012 - 01:48 PM, said:

You do get blaze rods, right? But no xp.
No, if you don't kill them yourself, you get nothing. No rods, no orbs, no nothing. They used to drop the rods still, but this is no longer the case.
Village Mechanics: A not-so-brief guide - Update for 1.4! Added subsection on iron farming to the iron golems section. Only ten villagers required to spawn golems (down from sixteen)! Put to rest the "facing doors cancel each other" myth!

View PostTechdolphin, on 30 September 2013 - 08:33 PM, said:

If you say plz because it is shorter than please, I will say no because it is shorter than yes.