• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Minecraft_Server.exe (802 KB)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

RubberDucky963

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:10 PM

So I went to minecraft.net and tried to download this: Minecraft_Server.exe (802 KB). But when I did download it, it worked fine then when I opened it it unpacked its stuff then when I exited the server creator thing it was deleted.

Register or log in to remove.

Dcraft12
    Dcraft12

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:51 AM

View PostRubberDucky963, on 07 February 2012 - 11:10 PM, said:

So I went to minecraft.net and tried to download this: Minecraft_Server.exe (802 KB). But when I did download it, it worked fine then when I opened it it unpacked its stuff then when I exited the server creator thing it was deleted.

Apparently the is an issue with an imbedded Trojan Virus in the Minecraft_Server.exe. Several people have posted about this issue.  I suggest not running the server until this gets corrected.

Mrdarknezz
  • Minecraft: mrdarknezz

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:21 AM

View PostDcraft12, on 08 February 2012 - 02:51 AM, said:

Apparently the is an issue with an imbedded Trojan Virus in the Minecraft_Server.exe. Several people have posted about this issue.  I suggest not running the server until this gets corrected.
It's not an embedded trojan, it just has some signatures that suggest that it could be a trojan. However since it's coming from a trusted source. That is if you downloaded it from minecraft.net you should have no worries.

Posted Image