Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

- - - - -

Mod Spotlight - Useful Seeds Mod!

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

Sacheverell

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:13 AM

As part of our ongoing series to bring you community-created content, we are proud to present a video submission by TheWaffleGalaxy; a detailed review on the Useful Seeds Mod, created by dino120! Useful Seeds gives the seeds dropped in Minecraft a wide range of uses besides mere planting; here, TheWaffleGalaxy goes over what the mod does for seeds, and shows us a number of the things they can be used for. If you like it, be sure to check out the mod creator's thread! Be sure to check out the video description for more details on the mod, the author of the video review, and more!

Register or log in to remove.

charsmud
    charsmud

Void Walker

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1885 posts
  • Minecraft: Charsmud

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:13 AM

Looks Great and interesting!
Posted Image

DogHadACAt
  • Minecraft: DogHAC

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:17 AM

very nice
I think of Christmas as a happy time, It's the only time of the year when every man and woman sees each other as equals. Even if it hasn't put any gold or silver in my pockets I say it has done me good and will do me good and there for I say god bless it! ~Scrooge's Nephew.

Repeatist

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:25 AM

Useful indeed!

Flyingmagicnothing

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:46 AM

I suppose it is a pretty cool mod. There are better ones out there though.

Kolver88
  • Minecraft: DESTRUCTO88

Posted 07 February 2012 - 06:14 AM

Is it wrong for me to want everything in my life to be voiced-over by this guy's voice?

lemonszz
    lemonszz

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1847 posts
  • Minecraft: Lemonszz
  • Xbox:Lemonsszz

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:10 AM

Ha hes the admin on the server i got on

Well done dino!

epicker
    epicker

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 179 posts
  • Minecraft: Lapsd

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:23 AM

Wow, That's really useful. I'm going to test it right now.

The_Battousai

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:55 AM

This mod seems to be really unbalanced.

I'm all for seeds doing more than piling up in chests, but a lot of these recipes make little to no sense to me. For example, slime balls don't need a recipe. They can easily be acquired naturally from slimes; so much so that they can easily pile up in chests almost as much as seeds do. Other recipes - like vines, lily-pads, or grass - are ludicrous considering that shears and bonemeal are capable of getting you these items.

celestialphoenix

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:10 PM

This is way too overpowered- all of these additions can be achieved with a little effort.

I have more fuel than what I could ever use, and the rest of the stuff is in abundance once you stop being lazy.

If too many are building up in your chests, you could -[i]oh I don't know[/i]- toss them in lava??

(yeah you can use them as fuel; but too be honest I don't want to be reloading my furnace every-time I cook a full stack.)
So it has come to pass -- Our humble mount -- Rejected en-masse
Farewell my faithful friend -- My trusted steed -- Goodbye, a good friend indeed.   R.I.P Mr Piggy.

Elemental
    Elemental

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1244 posts
  • Minecraft: Elem3ntal

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:54 PM

Title is confusing though.
I thought it was a mod for World Seeds and not the Seeds which are used for farming.

Oh, and seeds as fuel are overpowered :/ Saplings should last longer than Seeds.

OpelSpeedster
  • Minecraft: OpelSpeedster

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:05 PM

I thought it was about a galaxy dimension to explore >:C

ノ(*-_-)ヽ Be Bored

worst. right arm. ever.

best trailer ever

Chonps
    Chonps

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:07 PM

[quote]I thought it was a mod for World Seeds and not the Seeds which are used for farming.[/quote]
Thought the same :/

dittos
    dittos

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 168 posts
  • Minecraft: dittos

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:10 PM

i downloaded the mod 1 day before this came out,IT ROCKS :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond:

Sheepington
  • Minecraft: Sheepington

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:35 PM

While I partially agree that this mod seems a bit, well, useless? I have to say that I think some people are forgetting that not everyone has time. I can only play for a couple of hours every other day unless I don't want to sleep, so sometimes I don't have time to watch the grass grow. D:

As an in-game kleptomaniac I quite like this mod because I hate throwing away items I've farmed. I think the most useful thing would be using seeds as fuel. On my server we decided to do all our builds legit (and we build big) so we tend to burn through all other fuel sources rather rapidly. XD Same applies to some of my singleplayer worlds. I also quite like the idea of using it to make mossy blocks. If I were to get this mod those are the only two things I'd probably use it for.
But I imagine that anyone who would be interested in this mod would already have something like Too Many Items, so they wouldn't need this mod at all...
Posted Image

haders
    haders

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Minecraft: BadHaders

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:08 PM

The first two spotlights were up to scratch. but this is one of the worst mods i have ever seen.

Divinius
    Divinius

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1296 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:03 PM

The idea is sound, but there are far too many unnecessary recipes.

Adding a way to craft Mossy Stone Brick and Mossy Cobblestone is awesome, and being able to use seeds as fuel is good too (though since saplings only burn for 4 seconds, I would expect a small pile of seeds to burn for only that or less).

Seeds + Dirt for a grass block is cool too, but it does remove one of the few remaining uses for Silk Touch, and part of the challenge of building grassy areas deep underground is getting the grass there.

All of the rest of the seed recipes are pretty useless as they are redundant/unnecessary.

I do agree though that they narrator of the video should be a professional voice actor.  :)

DemonCrusher36

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:15 PM

I hate these mods.
Ridiculous.

Get some actual good content, instead of another mod that makes EVERYTHING craftable with no challenge.

Damn i need slimeballs from slimes, challenging.. nah ill milk a cow and use a seed.
Dammmnnnn that mossy cobble is a real trophy to get.. nah cobble and a seed.
Sweet jesus, mossy stonebricks are VERY hard to get.. nah stonebrick and a seed.

Whats the point? may as well use creative.

How about something for a actual problem/things the community wants?

Posted Image

Virus4U
    Virus4U

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 542 posts
  • Minecraft: Virus4

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:45 PM

Its useful to make mossy bricks and slime balls

SilverJ-17
  • Minecraft: SilverJ17

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:48 PM

I could of sworn the mod conflicted with modloader or something, but maybe I should redownload it and see if it works.  I'd really love it if I could legitmately make my seeds into wheat, instead of using Too Many Items to find wheat, spawn it, delete 6 seeds for each wheat.  Ironically, I decided on 6 seeds = 1 wheat a month or two before I heard about this mod a few days ago.  I originally went 9-1, simply to get rid of them.