More Paintings! [v2.1.1]

1.3.2 aesthetic sp mp modloader fml craftbukkit paintings micomico

• Please log in to reply
343 replies to this topic

micomico
  • Minecraft: micomico

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:44 PM

Posted Image

This mod adds spaces for more paintings in minecraft, that you can use to decorate your minecraft world!

It also changes the way you choose paintings, allowing you to cycle through the existing paintings, instead of randomly trying to get the painting you want. When you place a painting, you can right-click it to cycle between the existing paintings. You can press shift while clicking to cycle backwards.

This mod is savegame safe. In the worst case scenario - where you load a 'More Paintings!'-ized savegame in an unmodded minecraft - all your extra paintings will revert to a minecraft original.

Posted Image

This mod comes in 3 editions, the Xtreme edition, which adds 25 possible new pictures to Minecraft, the Insane Edition, that adds a whopping 96 pics and the Tiny Pics Edition, which adds an absurd amount of 279 pics!

Every edition has several versions available: for vanilla Minecraft, for ModLoader, ModLoaderMP (being discontinued), Forge and CraftBukkit. Obviously, this mod works on SMP.

Posted Image

Not much to see here, but the placeholders for your custom paintings. Each edition uses a different template. You must fill the squares of the template with your custom pictures and then put the file together with your favorite texture pack. You can also use a texture pack that already supports the mod, as the ones listed in the texture pack section.

These are the template art/kz.png files from each edition. They are included in the .zip files of the mod.

Xtreme Edition
Posted Image

Insane Edition
Posted Image

Tiny Pics Edition
Posted Image

TheModSpotlight and PixelatedChaos made some videos showcasing this mod. Thank you both. Here they are:
Spoiler:

Posted Image

All downloads are for the latest version of Minecraft (1.3.2), unless stated otherwise. See installation instructions for the different versions below.

Vanilla Version - This version doesn't have any requirements.
ModLoader Version - Only for 1.2.5 - You need to install ModLoader to use this version.
ModLoaderMP Version - Only for 1.2.5 - You need to install ModLoaderMP in your Minecraft client and server to use this version.
FML Version - Only for 1.2.5 - You need to install Minecraft Forge in your Minecraft client and server to use this version.
FML CraftBukkit Version - Only for 1.2.5 - You need to install Minecraft Forge in your Minecraft client and your CraftBukkit server must have Forge installed (1.2.5-R1.1) to use this version.
Versions for previous Minecraft releases - If you're still using an older Minecraft release, use the next link.

Posted Image

Vanilla version - Client
  • Locate your minecraft.jar (%APPDATA%/.minecraft/bin on Windows, ~/.minecraft on other systems).
  • Open minecraft.jar with your favorite archive editor.
  • DELETE the META-INF folder.
  • Copy the files from the downloaded zip file into the jar file, replacing existing files.
  • Run Minecraft and enjoy!
Vanilla version - Server
  • Locate your minecraft_server.jar.
  • Open minecraft.jar with your favorite archive editor.
  • DO NOT delete the META-INF folder.
  • Copy the files from the downloaded zip file into the jar file, replacing existing files.
ModLoader, ModLoaderMP, FML and CraftBukkit versions - Client
  • Locate your minecraft dir (%APPDATA%/.minecraft on Windows, ~/.minecraft on other systems).
  • Create a folder called 'mods', if it doesn't exist yet.
  • Copy the the downloaded zip file into the 'mods' folder.
ModLoader, ModLoaderMP, FML and CraftBukkit versions - Server
  • Locate your minecraft dir (the one containing minecraft_server.jar, or craftbukkit-XXX.jar).
  • Create a folder called 'mods', if it doesn't exist yet.
  • Copy the the downloaded zip file into the 'mods' folder.

Posted Image

Texture pack creators/art customizers, see the Other Info section.

Below is a list of textures packs that support this mod. All of these work with the Xtreme Edition of this mod.

The following is a list of Art Packs created by several authors. You must put these together with your favorite texture pack.

If you want your texture/art pack listed here, send me a PM, or post the link in this topic.

Posted Image

Spoiler:

Posted Image

Original More Paintings Mod by Traviz.
Punch-a-Pic Mod by Woot.

Permission was given by the original authors to update the mod and open this new topic. All, or pretty close to all, the original author's code has now been changed. All the credit for the idea should go to them, still.

Posted Image

Please go and decompile this mod. Use the code to enhance your own mod or to do a new, awesome mod. All original Minecraft copyright may still be applied.

Register or log in to remove.

Intrspace (CZ)
  • Minecraft: Intrspace

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:46 PM

Pretty good. Might even try it.

But how does the cycle thing exactly work?

View Postleaveittosteven, on 19 November 2011 - 05:40 PM, said:

I think it's hilarious seeing baby cows jump down 2 meters and hearing all the bones snapping in their bodies while they keep a perfectly straight face.

IownYourFinger

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:48 PM

this ROCKS :D diamonds for you my friend
:Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond:

Posted Image

micomico

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:55 PM

View PostIntrspace (CZ), on 06 February 2012 - 05:46 PM, said:

Pretty good. Might even try it.

But how does the cycle thing exactly work?

View PostIownYourFinger, on 06 February 2012 - 05:48 PM, said:

this ROCKS :D diamonds for you my friend
:Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond:
You guys are quick! Thanks for the feedback.

Intrspace, just place the painting on a wall as you normally would. Then right-click the painting on the wall for it to cycle.

Sarinilli
  • Minecraft: Sarinilli

Posted 06 February 2012 - 07:09 PM

Replying in the new thread- first, awesome that you got permission to officially maintain the mod!

Second, as for the alternate ideas, it would be easier for me personally if there was a separate version, but I can see how adding an extra rule set into the mod might be easier from the programming standpoint. At least when it comes to version updates. Either way, if it gets done I would be totally psyched. ♥

Watching this thread from now on. Thanks again for keeping this mod alive. ^_^
Posted Image

Hadan
    Hadan

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:21 AM

Glad to see you have now officially taken over this mod.

As for alternate Picture-sizes: I am fine with whatever is easier to implement  ;)

GunThaSun
  • Minecraft: Dirk_pwnz

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:26 AM

Just awesome! +1 for you!

[color="#ff0000"][/center][img][/color][url="http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/741823-killion-detention-center-updated-125-nether-potions-more-transfers-open-prison-server/"]http://imgur.com/ROdKq[/url][/img][/url]

Sig provided my meh :D[/center]

Matakor
    Matakor

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:37 AM

Is there any possibility of getting a higher-res version of those paint maps?

Hadan
    Hadan

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:46 PM

View PostMatakor, on 12 February 2012 - 08:37 AM, said:

Is there any possibility of getting a higher-res version of those paint maps?
You can simply scale them up.
If you want 32x32, double the size, for 64x64 quadruple it and so on.

iJames55
    iJames55

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 203 posts
  • Minecraft: jamesdude55

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:04 PM

if I'm using ModLoader and ModLoader Mp which version do I download??

EDIT: I used the ModLoader version and it worked :)

Edited by jamesdude55, 12 February 2012 - 04:22 PM.

Sacks Thread...

View PostSunconure11, on 14 July 2011 - 04:02 PM, said:

Make it so it goes on your legs and gives you a nutsack. Just kidding...

Tunguska2512

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:05 PM

View PostHadan, on 12 February 2012 - 02:46 PM, said:

You can simply scale them up.
If you want 32x32, double the size, for 64x64 quadruple it and so on.

I got a small problem using this mod.
I've created a hi-res 256x texture pack with a kz.png file (size 4096 by 4096 = 256x16).
The first pic shows an example of the kz.png.

Posted Image

After installing the mod the sign ("restricted area") becomes 4 times bigger (2 by 2 blocks instead of 1 by 1 block).

Posted Image

Top left shows the 1. "painting", top right the 2. of the art.png.
Any ideas?

micomico

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:31 PM

View PostTunguska2512, on 14 February 2012 - 07:05 PM, said:

I got a small problem using this mod.
I've created a hi-res 256x texture pack with a kz.png file (size 4096 by 4096 = 256x16).
The first pic shows an example of the kz.png.
<snip>
After installing the mod the sign ("restricted area") becomes 4 times bigger (2 by 2 blocks instead of 1 by 1 block).
<snip>
Top left shows the 1. "painting", top right the 2. of the art.png.
Any ideas?
Hi there.

You must scale the kz.png that comes with the mod and keep the existing shapes for the paintings. Then, paste your pictures over the existing ones. Like this:

Posted Image

Hellfire
    Hellfire

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3017 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:39 PM

Could I use this in a modpack with adf.ly (for charity)?
http://www.minecraft.../#entry12354713

Posted Image

"It's better to burn out than fade away."

Tunguska2512

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:40 PM

View Postmicomico, on 14 February 2012 - 07:31 PM, said:

Hi there.

You must scale the kz.png that comes with the mod and keep the existing shapes for the paintings. Then, paste your pictures over the existing ones.

Do you mean with "the kz.png that comes with the mod" the art.png file?
Of course i've scaled it to 8192 by 8192 (using the insane version of the mod) but i haven't pasted my pictures into the scaled version because i thought minecraft would use both files kz.png and art.png.
But then i don't understand how all my pictures from the kz-file find its way into the game (only 4 times bigger) if the kz.png in the texture pack folder won't be used.

Sarinilli
  • Minecraft: Sarinilli

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:28 PM

Tunguska2512, you need to edit the kz file for your own texture pack according to the version of the mod you use. It will read from your own kz.png, using the one in the mod as a template. Just like how the default kz gets overwritten by the ones in texture packs.
Also, try renaming the art.png too kz.png.

I'm personally confused as to why the art file in the Xtreme edition is named art.png? Considering micomico didn't make mention to "art.png" being stated, I'm thinking it might have accidentally been included into the recent update with the wrong name.
Posted Image

micomico

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:34 PM

View PostTunguska2512, on 14 February 2012 - 08:40 PM, said:

Do you mean with "the kz.png that comes with the mod" the art.png file?
Of course i've scaled it to 8192 by 8192 (using the insane version of the mod) but i haven't pasted my pictures into the scaled version because i thought minecraft would use both files kz.png and art.png.
But then i don't understand how all my pictures from the kz-file find its way into the game (only 4 times bigger) if the kz.png in the texture pack folder won't be used.
Sorry for not being more specific.

The vanilla version of this mod includes a art/kz.png file. The other versions of this mod come with artmore/art.png. You can copy either of these files (they're the same, only the names differ), scale it and paste your pics in it. Then you put this file together with your texture pack, always as art/kz.png.

For information only, the art files used by the game when using this mod are as follows:

- Vanilla version, no texture pack: art/kz.png inside minecraft.jar.
- Vanilla version, with custom texture pack: art/kz.png inside the texture pack zip.
- Other versions, no texture pack: artmore/art.png inside the mod zip.
- Other versions, with custom texture pack: art/kz.png inside the texture pack zip.

EDIT:

Sarinilli was  quicker than me answering this.

To answer her doubts, all versions of this mod, except the vanilla one, read artmore/art.png when not using a texture pack, to be able to override the default art/kz.png, without the need to change minecraft.jar. It's an implementation trick I came up with when developing these versions. Sorry for the lack of documentation.

Edited by micomico, 15 February 2012 - 02:39 PM.

Tunguska2512

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:35 PM

View Postmicomico, on 15 February 2012 - 02:34 PM, said:

For information only, the art files used by the game when using this mod are as follows:

- Vanilla version, no texture pack: art/kz.png inside minecraft.jar.
- Vanilla version, with custom texture pack: art/kz.png inside the texture pack zip.
- Other versions, no texture pack: artmore/art.png inside the mod zip.
- Other versions, with custom texture pack: art/kz.png inside the texture pack zip.

This was the information i needed. Now it works fine and i'm happy with that. Thx for this mod  :Diamond:

spiderraptor42

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:35 PM

AWESOME! now what to paint...  :Diamond: :GoldBar: :Diamond:
Posted Image

Hadan
    Hadan

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:08 PM

Good Evening!

To help those who ask for high-res-Versions of the template-Files, i made Templates for Resolutions from 16x16 up to 256x256:
Extreme Edition
16x16
Posted Image

32x32
Posted Image

64x64
Posted Image

128x128
Posted Image

256x256
Posted Image

Insane Edition
16x16
Posted Image

32x32
Posted Image

64x64
Posted Image

128x128
Posted Image

256x256
Posted Image

Here is a Template with Frames i made for my personal use:
Posted Image

A warning for all who want to use the 256-Editions:
Once filled with actual pictures these files get HUGE, tens of megabyte huge Posted Image
I usw a 64x64 Texture-Pack with a 256x256 extreme-edition kz.png and even with a SSD Minecraft freezes for a few seconds the first time a picture comes into view.

micomico

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:16 PM

View PostHadan, on 17 February 2012 - 05:08 PM, said:

Good Evening!

To help those who ask for high-res-Versions of the template-Files, i made Templates for Resolutions from 16x16 up to 256x256.

<snip>

A warning for all who want to use the 256-Editions:
Once filled with actual pictures these files get HUGE, tens of megabyte huge ;)
I usw a 64x64 Texture-Pack with a 256x256 extreme-edition kz.png and even with a SSD Minecraft freezes for a few seconds the first time a picture comes into view.
Hi Hadan!

Thanks a lot for your work. I've included a link to your templates in the OP.

On other note, I personally use a 128x texture pack with a 64x (1024x1024) art file. I don't really see the need of a multi-megabyte art file. 64x art appears just fine in game. I suggest people to try it, instead of introducing what could be a potentially huge source of lag.