I'm still working on this mod, and it's going to take me ages at my current rate, but a lot of people seem to think that I've stopped completely.. I haven't I'm just taking absolutely ages, and well.. yeah... sorry.
Anyway, to kinda hopefully in some way make it up, I've uploaded a kind of 'pre-release' for minecraft 1.6.2. So you can install it, and then play around with it and see what I've been working on. I'm trying to flesh out all the bugs, take no shortcuts, make it multiplayer, and create an amazing semi-realistic experience, and it's a long process.
Anyway, get the 2.0 pre-release from either
Direct link here
The 'gene' items currently do nothing, and the DNASequencer does nothing either. So don't work too hard at them
Currently you can pretty much clone any living thing and create a spawn egg for them:
- Extract blood with needle
- Craft Blood into empty test-tube
- Place test-tube in centrifuge, place coal in middle, click spin.
- Meanwhile, dig two down, place netherrack, light it on fire. Above the fire place Sterilizer. Fill with water (right click with water bucket) throw 'Contaminated Needle' into water.
- Grab seperated blood from centrifuge, wait for sterilizer to clean the needle
- Once the needle spits out, craft the needle with the seperated blood to get DNA. Cleanse the test-tube
- Place egg into crafting grid, create 'empty egg'. Place empty egg and needle of DNA together to create unactivated spawn egg.
- Place 'Life Transmogrifier' on the ground. Build a big antenna above it, 20-50 blocks should be good.
- Wait for it to rain or thunder, and for the lighting to strike the antenna (There must be nothing above it, or to the sides within a certain radius)
- Once lighting strikes antenna, place egg inside transmogrifier, to activate it.
- Take it out, point in the air and right click.
Oh, and this should work on forge multiplayer. I hope. tried it out... about two weeks ago and it worked, but haven't tested it since I added the new content so it may screw up, but hopefully not
Also there are some things, which if you say in chat, will cause certain debug features to occur.. 'killdemall' kills all clones within a certain radius(human clones), and 'strike' strikes the block you are looking at (roughly). There are a few more, but they were just for fun while I was learning circular function in maths...
Description:With this mod, you can create human clones, give them names, watch them grow, and have them fight along side you.Using a complicated process(which involves separating blood, and extracting the genomic DNA and injecting it into the embryo of an egg and then introducing an electrical charge to begin the growth process), You can have your own people in no time!Don't you just hate it that you can't craft a monster spawner egg? Well now you can! Just attack a mob with a needle, to obtain some of their blood, and then separate the blood, extract the genomic DNA and inject it into an egg(with bonemeal for quicker growth). Now you can spawn any mob you want!When you name a clone, they will take on that persons skin name from Minecraft's online database. So any registered user's skin will be valid, and allowed on your clone.Check out videos here:Err, yeah, they're all out of date. I hope to make one tomorrow.Edit: Made one!!Official Video By Me Here:
MacThanks to gold23 for this tutorial!