Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

How to get MySql?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

commanderAIK
  • Minecraft: commanderAIK

Posted 05 February 2012 - 07:04 PM

How do I get an mysql server?  For plugins like hawk eye and log block.  I use a mac.  I'm not very expierenced with stuff like this.  So please don't say too complicated stuff.
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

8Keep123
    8Keep123

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 810 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 07:48 PM

Ask your server host to set it up for you, if they want to charge you more money dont use that host, its bad.

commanderAIK

Posted 05 February 2012 - 07:56 PM

View Post8Keep123, on 05 February 2012 - 07:48 PM, said:

Ask your server host to set it up for you, if they want to charge you more money dont use that host, its bad.

I'm the host.  lol
Posted Image

8Keep123
    8Keep123

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 810 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 07:59 PM

Oh, in that case you have to do a lot of work. If the plugin supports it, use some other type of database.

commanderAIK

Posted 05 February 2012 - 08:02 PM

What is "a lot of work" (step by step if you can)?
Posted Image

8Keep123
    8Keep123

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 810 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 08:03 PM

I personally dont really know. If you want i can try to learn it right now? Going off to my sql tutorials right now.

commanderAIK

Posted 05 February 2012 - 08:05 PM

View Post8Keep123, on 05 February 2012 - 08:03 PM, said:

I personally dont really know. If you want i can try to learn it right now? Going off to my sql tutorials right now.
I really hate to ask you for that much (I cringed when I typed it).   You don't have to waste your time. :)
Posted Image

8Keep123
    8Keep123

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 810 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 08:11 PM

Ok i got it it wasnt too hard to find, basically what you do is you install XAMPP, its a wrapper for mysql for windows to run locally on a machine, heres a link: http://www.apachefri...g/en/xampp.html
You just run the program when you need the database up.
If thats all you need then stop here.
If you need a web interface so you can modify/add/delete files on the database, you need to go a step further. You need to install an apache server on your windows, then install phpmyadmin, then you can access it via the web.

bacon_avenger
  • Minecraft: bacon_avenger

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:26 AM

View Post8Keep123, on 05 February 2012 - 08:11 PM, said:

Ok i got it it wasnt too hard to find, basically what you do is you install XAMPP, its a wrapper for mysql for windows to run locally on a machine, heres a link: http://www.apachefri...g/en/xampp.html
Semi-OT correction.

XAMPP for Mac isn't a 'wrapper' for the windows port of apache, PHP and MySQL, it's an all-in-one installer for versions of PHP, Apache and MySQL compiled for Mac OS.  Mac OS 10 is UNIX at it's core, which is what PHP, MySQL and Apache were originally made to run on.

That being said, the pieces can be installed separately, but this is probably the easiest way to get the various parts installed and running.
I ride the bukkit on Linux with a PEX shooter at my side.  Please don't PM me for help, PM's don't help the community at large as it's not publicly viewable.  Use pastie or pastebin for files, I will not download files.  Click the up arrow if I helped. (I also do YT Vids)

commanderAIK

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:13 PM

Ok thanks.  I still didn't have the time to see this.  :P.  Now, does xxamp work for mac?  I've heard about WAMP and MAMP.  Which one should I use and are they a ll compatible with macs?
Posted Image

Rogue
    Rogue

Gambrinous

• Forum Admin
  • Curse Premium
  • 8741 posts
  • Minecraft: Rogue
  • Xbox:RogueMurder

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:09 AM

XAMPP works for mac.

Quote my post to make sure I see your reply - MCF Hosting CoordinatorPosted Image

jefe
    jefe

Creamymin

• Forum Admin
  • 16140 posts
  • Minecraft: jefe323

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:41 AM

WAMP is for windows only (the W stands for Windows) and MAMP will work with macs (the M stands for Mac).  XAMMP also works with Mac (along with Windows and Linux).

So use either MAMP or XAMMP (though I can't advise you on one over the other as I haven't used either)

tom_echo
    tom_echo

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • Minecraft: tom_echo

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:23 AM

http://www.mamp.info/en/index.html download here, cant be that hard to install.

commanderAIK

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:07 AM

Ok thank you so much.  I just saw the easy WAMP tutorial.  Is it as easy as MAMP or XXAMP?
Posted Image

jefe
    jefe

Creamymin

• Forum Admin
  • 16140 posts
  • Minecraft: jefe323

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:09 AM

It should be, these programs are made to be easy to install/use