Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Why is my minecraft so laggy?!?


  • Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1

Studly_Z
    Studly_Z

    Out of the Water

  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • Minecraft: Z_was_here

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:37 PM

Why is my minecraft so laggy? When I bought it 1.6 and 1.7 weren't laggy but now with 1.8, 1.9, 1.0.0, and 1.1 it sucks. I've heard that using laptops with minecraft might be the problem but my laptop is fine with ever other game. Is there a mod or program that goes with minecraft that makes it run faster?

Register or log in to remove.

#2

samuri51
    samuri51

    Redstone Miner

  • Members
  • 649 posts
  • Location: Philadelphia, PA
  • Minecraft: Samuri_51

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:38 PM

View PostStudly_Z, on 05 February 2012 - 05:37 PM, said:

Why is my minecraft so laggy? When I bought it 1.6 and 1.7 weren't laggy but now with 1.8, 1.9, 1.0.0, and 1.1 it sucks. I've heard that using laptops with minecraft might be the problem but my laptop is fine with ever other game. Is there a mod or program that goes with minecraft that makes it run faster?

Whats your specifications, and whats your system 32 bit or 64 bit..

#3

wheatley198

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:38 PM

try optifine, and changing your visual settings to low
Posted Image

#4

KagamineBen1337
  • Location: Ponyville, EQ
  • Minecraft: KagamineBen1337

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:38 PM

Optifine mod is supposed to reduce lag. You could try that.
Guess what I'm not clicking on?
THAT LOUSY, GOOD-FOR-NOTHING DRAGON EGG OF YOURS.

#5

TheReal_KILLshOt
  • Minecraft: TheReal_KILLshOt

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:39 PM

Video about Optifine here.

Posted Image

#6

Forcesaber
  • Location: Atop a particularly uncomfortable office chair.

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:40 PM

View PostStudly_Z, on 05 February 2012 - 05:37 PM, said:

Why is my minecraft so laggy? When I bought it 1.6 and 1.7 weren't laggy but now with 1.8, 1.9, 1.0.0, and 1.1 it sucks. I've heard that using laptops with minecraft might be the problem but my laptop is fine with ever other game. Is there a mod or program that goes with minecraft that makes it run faster?

If it's FPS (Frames Per Second) issues you're looking at, I may be able to help. A few things you can try would be turning off Fancy Graphics or lowering your Render Distance (View) to Short or Tiny. Or you could simply try using a low quality texture pack.
Posted Image

#7

Chifflo
    Chifflo

    Redstone Miner

  • Members
  • 663 posts
  • Minecraft: chifflo

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:40 PM

Make sure that you have the right version of java and not have 32 when you have a 64 bit system.
It's a huge difference.

#8

Studly_Z
    Studly_Z

    Out of the Water

  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • Minecraft: Z_was_here

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:40 PM

View Postsamuri51, on 05 February 2012 - 05:38 PM, said:

Whats your specifications, and whats your system 32 bit or 64 bit..
Im not very sure I should check im thinking though its a 32bit not sure

#9

samuri51
    samuri51

    Redstone Miner

  • Members
  • 649 posts
  • Location: Philadelphia, PA
  • Minecraft: Samuri_51

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:42 PM

Im telling most of your right now, i run on a laptop right now and i get 600FPS in minecraft without optifine (While using a 128X128 Pack), but i also alocate 6GB's of RAM to my minecraft, its more about your processing power and hard disk speed than what mods you have installed, a 32 bit system is dead anymore playing minecraft, they changed the .jar so its more efficient in a 64 bit system. I mean, the .jar in 1.7.3 was around 1700kb, now its almost 3300kb in 1.1

#10

addme24
    addme24

    Zombie Killer

  • Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:42 PM

If nothing works you could just use Nostalgia to downgrade to 1.7.3, and then you're problem would be solved.

#11

samuri51
    samuri51

    Redstone Miner

  • Members
  • 649 posts
  • Location: Philadelphia, PA
  • Minecraft: Samuri_51

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:46 PM

View PostStudly_Z, on 05 February 2012 - 05:40 PM, said:

Im not very sure I should check im thinking though its a 32bit not sure

Well if you are running on a 32 bit system right now that is why your having new problems since the 1.8.1 patch, in the 1.8.1 patch they made the big jump to supporting mainly 64 bit systems and this caused alot of 32 bit systems to have problems, the main way you could solve this would be allocating more memory to your minecraft, i use this video to allocate 6GB's to mine



-This is not my video i don't claim it to be mine, its Docm77's

#12

Studly_Z
    Studly_Z

    Out of the Water

  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • Minecraft: Z_was_here

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:49 PM

Yea guys ive been trying ur guy's suggestions and im impressed i used to get really low fps now im getting better results but i think i need a little more but ill keep trying  the problem is my mods i just updated to 1.1 like 3 weeks ago and the mods are still a little laggy well my friends made them so thats problly the problem

#13

samuri51
    samuri51

    Redstone Miner

  • Members
  • 649 posts
  • Location: Philadelphia, PA
  • Minecraft: Samuri_51

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:52 PM

View PostStudly_Z, on 05 February 2012 - 05:49 PM, said:

Yea guys ive been trying ur guy's suggestions and im impressed i used to get really low fps now im getting better results but i think i need a little more but ill keep trying  the problem is my mods i just updated to 1.1 like 3 weeks ago and the mods are still a little laggy well my friends made them so thats problly the problem

No problem man, but if you wanna continue getting good results for playing ide recommend making sure you have a 64 bit system, cause its only gonna get worse for 32 bit systems, and alos try and keep your specifications up to date. Other than that have fun

#14

Koeky
    Koeky

    Redstone Miner

  • Members
  • 645 posts
  • Location: The Netherlands
  • Minecraft: Koeky

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:59 PM

I've been playing minecraft since indev and I've never had any lag with it.
so it's probably just your laptop.
so... this is my signature?

#15

Studly_Z
    Studly_Z

    Out of the Water

  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • Minecraft: Z_was_here

Posted 05 February 2012 - 06:00 PM

View Postsamuri51, on 05 February 2012 - 05:52 PM, said:

No problem man, but if you wanna continue getting good results for playing ide recommend making sure you have a 64 bit system, cause its only gonna get worse for 32 bit systems, and alos try and keep your specifications up to date. Other than that have fun
Running minecraft...HOLY CRAP FAST MINECRAFT NEVER SAW IT THAT FAST OMG THANKS ALOT EVERYONE FOR HELPING!!!!!!!! :D

#16

BuzzkillBobby

Posted 20 May 2012 - 03:42 AM

I have the Envy 14 beats edition laptop and it has i5-2430M 2.40GHz processor with 6gb of ram and 4gb of it are used to play minecraft and 64-bit OS with updated java and i get only about 12fps with optifine. shouldn't my fps be higher?

#17

NinjaCraft25

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:11 AM

View PostBuzzkillBobby, on 20 May 2012 - 03:42 AM, said:

I have the Envy 14 beats edition laptop and it has i5-2430M 2.40GHz processor with 6gb of ram and 4gb of it are used to play minecraft and 64-bit OS with updated java and i get only about 12fps with optifine. shouldn't my fps be higher?
are you running any high res texture packs? it could be that.
also what video card do you have? minecraft uses advanced 3d rendering so if your laptop has integrated graphics that could be it.
my laptop has i7 2.20 GHz processor 8 GB of ram 64 bit OS and an NVIDIA GT 525m graphics card and i get about 45-70 fps on default settings. (and i haven't done anything to mess with RAM allocation)
We're all just stories in the end, Just make sure it's a good one.