The Snapshot is live, and it's time to test! What's up with 14w10b?
- MC-50219] – "Slightly Damaged Anvil" Faces the wrong way in Inventory
- MC-50220] – "Nether Brick Fence" is not rendered correctly in inventory
- MC-50221] – Crash report on a server
- MC-50222] – Dirt texture on Grass Blocks is green
- MC-50223] – 14w10a dedicated server crash at startup
- MC-50226] – Jukebox is missing the textures when disc is inside
- MC-50229] – Scoreboard team option deathMessageVisibility error message lists wrong options when ran without option parameter
- MC-50231] – Failed to load user/ip banlist
- MC-50232] – Wheat appears as purple and black checkerbox
- MC-50233] – Double Stone Slabs have the "missing texture" texture
- MC-50235] – End Portal Frame Texture Bug
- MC-50239] – Middle-clicking hydrated farmland gives me a weird 2D dirt block
- MC-50241] – Cannot add or set scores of offline or "fake" players
- MC-50242] – Powered Repeater
- MC-50246] – Bed Bug
- MC-50250] – texture of nether wart is broken
- MC-50254] – full snowlayer block has a missing model/texture
- MC-50256] – Powered repeater doesn't show edges of torch
- MC-50259] – Upward facing dispenser texture bug
- MC-50265] – The Nether Brick Fence fail texture in inventory
- MC-50267] – Hopper: java.lang.ClassCastException: atf cannot be cast to aoc
- MC-50270] – Hopper: java.lang.ClassCastException: atf cannot be cast to arj
- MC-50271] – When jukebox plays music disk, the texture disappears
- MC-50273] – Hopper: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1
Once again, the majority of the time between this and the last snapshot has been spent on Plugin API related tasks (most notably inventory rewrite, block model format and block state concepting), and as such, this is mostly a bugfix & mapmaker snapshot. Don’t worry, we have some cool survival plans soon!
This snapshot also has the (hopefully-)final step towards supporting name changes in Minecraft. All server files that are intended to refer to players will be automatically changed to go by UUIDs, and you do not need to do anything. However, this does mean that any third party tool will not work on these files, and will need to be updated to work with them.
Though names changes are technically supported in this snapshot, they will not be available until after 1.8 releases when we will be confident that the majority of active servers have updated to support UUIDs. Mojang will release a Minecraft 1.7.6 version soon, to backport these UUID changes for normal servers.
Please report any and all bugs you find in Minecraft to bugs.mojang.com. If nobody reports a bug, Mojang can’t fix it!
- Fixed stat.useItem for many items
- Fixed bounding boxes of item frames and paintings, they can’t overlap anymore
- Fixed debug rendering of bounding boxes for many entities
- Added stat.crouchedOneCm and stat.sprintedOneCm
- Testing for scores now also works in @e entity selectors
- Fixed potential “infinite” recursion issue with the blockdata command in commandblocks
- New stat.timeSinceDeath
- Added scoreboard team property to disable death messages
- Command /scoreboard players can now filter by NBT data
- Players in creative mode can now damage entities even if they are flagged invulnerable
- Improved position handling of item frames and paintings
- Minor tweaks to the /clone command to make it more reliable
- MC-2053] – Inconsistent door texture
- MC-3450] – While lying in bed nearby mobs will look above the player
- MC-11681] – Players' nameplates are too low while sleeping in beds
- MC-31047] – Use Item Stat Corresponds to Left-click, Not Right-click
- MC-44851] – Wither cant be killed with /kill while invulnerable
- MC-45375] – Improper Cake Texture
- MC-46207] – Phantom floating mobs are generated by any spawner (including natural dungeon spawners)
- MC-46223] – @a, @p, @e or @r doesn't include dead player
- MC-46428] – Armor Doesn't Hide for the player himself In Spectator
- MC-46430] – Spectator mode can throw item in every place, but can't take them
- MC-46596] – In spectator mode, mobs can still follow the player
- MC-47028] – @e selector does not accept scoreboard parameters in non-player entities.
- MC-47431] – Hand shifts to the side when crouching/sneaking
- MC-47571] – Fishing line casts below the Player
- MC-47646] – Player 2 blocks higher when sleeping in bed and noclip
- MC-47656] – Other Player's arms aren't moving when watching them mining/placing blocks
- MC-47696] – Block sounds are distorted if walking with left and right keys
- MC-47744] – Cannot disable experience from villager trades
- MC-48160] – Cannot hide potion effect tooltips using HideFlags
- MC-48372] – Crash when using /clone on complex structure(command block and pulser)
- MC-48476] – Falling sand doesn't display when summoned
- MC-48503] – Placing a Sign with NBT Tags doesn't apply the tags to sign
- MC-48512] – Vines no longer have a back face texture
- MC-48544] – Baby cow eye height is misplaced and causes them to suffocate in 1-high areas
- MC-49057] – command block T flip flop (command crash game)
- MC-49142] – /fill wrong comparator output
- MC-49305] – Server Scoreboard "36>16" Bug
- MC-49375] – Brewing Stand CTRL+Middle Click Copy Derp
- And many more that weren’t on the bug tracker so we couldn’t mark them as fixed! Did I mention please report bugs? Thanks.
To get snapshots, open your launcher and press the “New Profile” button. Call it “snapshots” and check the box saying “Enable experimental development snapshots” and save. To switch to the normal version, you can select it in the dropdown at the bottom left corner of the launcher. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (See the “new profile” dialog).
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar:
Report bugs here: