One day, Dinnerbone wrote some really important information that changed the fate of humanity, and nobody knew it because nobody reads this text anyway, except the guy referencing it for updates. Oh, sorry, what was that? Snapshot? Oh right yes of course! Here we go:
NOTABLE ADDITIONS FOR SURVIVAL:
- Book copying mechanics has been altered to differentiate the original & copies of books
- Activator rails can eject entities from Minecarts
NOTABLE ADDITIONS FOR MAPMAKERS:
- Added a spectator gamemode (/gamemode spectator). Not 100% finished.
- Spectators cannot be seen by anybody but other spectators
- Spectators can view inventories/etc, but not modify them
- Spectators can go through any entity or block without interfering with it
- Spectators can click on entities to take their camera
- Spectators cannot use items, place blocks, destroy blocks or interact with blocks in any way
- Spectators are only slightly buggy maybe sometimes
Please report any and all bugs you find in Minecraft to bugs.mojang.com. If nobody reports a bug, we can’t fix it!
BUGS FIXED THIS SNAPSHOT:
- MC-38944] – Joining Realms World "Cancel" Button Mis-Placed
- MC-44521] – @a, @e, and any UUID references work incorrectly after a player dies.
- MC-45050] – /fill … skull | Hitbox Bug
- MC-45159] – Blocks with tile entities don't get removed when you clone / fill an airblock to their position.
- MC-45453] – Items & Blocks placed in item frames are rendered incorrectly
- MC-45470] – Items don't render on the ground properly
- MC-45478] – Pre-snapshot14w04a villagers break crops but don't replant them
- MC-45492] – Transparent blocks are much darker
- MC-45554] – Two tall flowers variants are not generating.
- MC-45763] – Some blocks are facing the wrong way if placed in an Item Frame
- MC-45764] – Map will not show in item frame
- MC-45795] – Villagers can not place or pick up any crops
- MC-45847] – /summon Villager Farmer NBT tag canPickUpLoot will default to 0
- And many more that weren’t on the bug tracker so we couldn’t mark them as fixed! Did I mention please report bugs? Thanks.
To get snapshots, open your launcher and press the “New Profile” button. Call it “snapshots” and check the box saying “Enable experimental development snapshots” and save. To switch to the normal version, you can select it in the dropdown at the bottom left corner of the launcher. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (See the “new profile” dialog). Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar:https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/versions/14w05a/minecraft_server.14w05a.jar
Report bugs here: