The 1.3.1 update is now live! Your client should prompt to update automatically - if it doesn't you can manually update the version from the launcher by pressing the Options button before you log in, and pressing the "Force Update" button. While the update is 1.3.1, the only significant changes from 1.3 were some minor fixes and obfuscation.
- The block-breaking animation is now shown while the GUI is hidden.
- TNT no longer does damage to players in peaceful difficulty.
- Respawning in superflat is no longer random.
- Added rotatable Wood blocks
- Strongly decreased the amount of Experience you get from furnaces
- Depending on difficulty, creeper damage is scaled now
- Fixed a few misalignments and oddities in the item spritesheet and the creative mode's inventory's graphics.
- Fixed a crash bug.
- Fixed the chest armor slot being inaccessible in Creative mode's survival inventory tab.
- Fixed rotated wooden logs mined using Silk Touch enchanted tools dropping as rotated wooden logs.
- Fixed being unable to place half slabs in the small gaps between another half slab and the side of another block.
- There is a visual bug when trying to push someone off a cliff, they fall off then warp back.
- Sometimes when pushing someone off a cliff they do fall - you are not meant to be able to push people as of 12w23a.
- It appears to be a server-side feature only, yet has not been applied to the client so far, as you can still push mobs or other entities in singleplayer.
- It also appears to be a PvP-only feature. In SMP, you can still push mobs and entities too.
- When standing still in the same place as another player the other player glitches about.
- Player occasionally gets hurt from touching a wall mainly when being pushed by water into a block.
- Player can be damaged when standing in front of a villager attempting to open a door. This may tie into the suffocation bug listed above, or might be something with the way the villager opens the door.
As always, you can check out the full changelog at the official Minecraft Wiki (click here!) - more updates, articles and videos will go up today. Keep an eye out!
Mod API Feedback Wanted
EvilSeph wants your feedback for the upcoming Mod API! Head on over to his thread by clicking here, read through the proposals, and give your feedback!