Mojang is ramping up to release the Very Scary Update (1.4), but what to do in the meantime? Well, this week's Snapshot is out, and ready for your viewing pleasure! What awaits us this week?
- Nether loads faster when going through a portal
- In creative mode, teleportation is instantaneous
- Updated and added new sounds by C418
- Added a sound for climbing up Ladders
- New block-placing sounds: Wood, Stone, Plants, Sand, Gravel, although unintended by C418
- New footstep sounds: Sand, Gravel, Soulsand, Grass Block, and Stone
- New mob sounds: Cow, Pigs, Enderman, Zombie, and Skeleton
- New tool sounds: Flint and Steel, Shears (when shearing sheep)
- Lava and Flowing Water now have constant noise
- Added level up sound, but will be changed later for a shorter one
- Added a passive mob (Bat)
Sleeps during the day
Hangs on the ceiling when idle, starts flying when players come near
- Added a hostile mob (Witch)
Regenerate health over time
Hold an empty bottle and rise their noses when attacking
Drink potions of instant health and fire resistance to defend themselves in combat
Rarely drop potions of instant health and fire resistance
Is immune to some splash potions
Does not spawn naturally (yet), but a Spawn Egg exists for it in Creative Mode
- Command block target parameters have been upgraded, click here for details
- Beacon artwork was changed
- The beam of light was changed
- Item Frames no longer despawn when 20 blocks away.
- Wood blocks are now rotated differently. Instead of using the player’s position, it will rotate based on the face it is placed upon, like a lever (this is mainly a test).
- Silverfish Source Blocks have a chance of spawning in caves
As always, you can get this week's Snapshot files below!
Client: Click to download
Server: Click to download
New Batch of Minecon Tickets Available