This weeks snapshot brings us customisable recipes in data packs, and lots of bug fixes to last weeks snapshot! [...] This snapshot should be considered "fairly experimental, dude". From a scale of 1-10 where 1 is experimental and 10 is stable, this is a tentative 3. Back up your worlds before trying them in this snapshot. Don't expect worlds played in this snapshot to work in future snapshots. Don't expect worlds played in last weeks snapshot to work in this weeks snapshot.
CHANGES IN 17W48A
- Tweaks to the command suggestion UI
- Implemented tab-completion for coordinates
- Recipes are now loaded from data packs in
- Turning off
vanilladata pack will also remove all recipes
- Fixed bug MC-1685 - Unable to write in a new blank Book and Quill after renaming it in an anvil
- Fixed bug MC-1875 - Snow layers don't drop themselves when harvested with a silk touch tool
- Fixed bug MC-4581 - Fishing rod bobbers can go through Nether/End Portals, but disappear
- Fixed bug MC-4923 - Flint and steel can place fire at invalid positions
- Fixed bug MC-5024 - Reticle/Crosshair not centered on the screen
- Fixed bug MC-5037 - Riding a pig / horse with a cape causes it to not behave as expected
- [...] Fixed bug x 33
To get snapshots, open your launcher and go to the "launch options" tab. Check the box saying "Enable snapshots" and save. To switch between the snapshot and normal version, you can find a new dropdown menu next to the "Play" button. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (In the "launch options" page).
Please report any and all bugs you find in Minecraft to bugs.mojang.com.
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds. 1.13 will have a lot of experimental snapshots that may break everything and smell funny. This may be one of those snapshots. This is what happens when Mojang are changing all the things!
Share your thoughts on how 1.13 is shaping up in the comments below!