- This July Minecraft is coming to the Sydney Opera House, with a number of activities for attendees and special guests: Jens and Lydia from Mojang! The event takes place on Sunday July 2nd and Monday July 3rd. Tickets start at $35 and is for ages 8+. Learn more here.
- Mojang have updated their commercial guidelines — the rules that say how people can use the Minecraft brand to make money for themselves. "The changes to the guidelines are really all about how to make unofficial products - specifically magazines and books - so they aren't confused with the stuff we or our official partners make.". Click here to learn all about the changes.
- This week on Minecraft.net Noxcrew talk about their amazing Marketplace maps, "“Some of our best ideas start with us coming up with the most ridiculous name for something, and then trying to figure out what how that could be turned into a map,” says Joe ‘Avondale’ Arsenault - who along with Stefan ‘Noxite’ Panic helms famed Minecraft crewator outfit Noxcrew. You may know the name, or at least you should: Noxcrew are responsible for, among many other things, one of the most smartest adventure maps to date, Terra Swoop Force - a thrilling descent into the centre of the Earth, unexpectedly bookended with a hilarious story." — Read the full interview here.
Mod Updates for 1.12
- Optifine ...adds support for HD textures and a lot of options for better looks and performance. Doubling the FPS is common.
- Sildur's shaders ...is an extension of GLSL shader mod. This shaderpack adds several effects to the game, like shadows, volumetric lighting, bloom and water reflections.
- BiblioCraft ...a storage and organizational mod that began as a single bookcase and has expanded to so much more.
- Autofish ...will automatically reel in and recast your fishing rod when you catch a fish. Just cast the fishing rod one time into the water and let the mod do the rest.
- VoxelMap ...adds a minimap with scrollable, zoomable world map, and waypoints. View the entire single player world, or anywhere you have already visited in a multiplayer world.
- World Downloader Mod ...allows saving of a world on a remote server for singleplayer use, used to backup your creations on a server.
- Xaero's Minimap ...a minimap that keeps the aesthetic feel and look of vanilla Minecraft which might even make you forget that it was a mod in the first place.
Have any of your favourite mods updated to 1.12? Share them and what you love about them in the comments below!