We've been working hard to squash a whole bunch of bugs this week, that we just had to get a new pre-release out there as soon as possible! Look at that list of bug fixes! It's almost 10 whole bugs long!
A full changelog can be found on the Minecraft Wiki, including a full list of bug fixes.
- Added resistance to "how did we get here?" hidden challenge
- Gave "how did we get here?" hidden challenge a big experience reward
- Added more food items to "a balanced diet" challenge
- Advancements will now remember the tab you last selected
- The tutorial hints will be a little bit smarter about deciding if now is a good time to learn how to punch wood
- Added new keybinding for opening advancements (default "L")
- Huge optimizations to both recipe book & creative inventory searching
- Some optimizations to advancements
- Technical: Changed "requirements" of advancements to an AND of ORs
- Technical: Functions should now use file extension ".mcfunction"
- Technical: Functions should not prefix commands with "/" (forwards slash)
- Technical: Functions should only use "#" to comment (not "//")
- Technical: Functions should recurse as expected, even whilst mixing /function and /execute
- Changed parrots to be tamed with seeds, not cookies
- Attempting to feed a parrot a cookie will instantly kill the parrot, and it will give off Poison particles as it dies
- Allowed parrots to spawn in old jungles
To get snapshots, open your launcher and go to the "launch options" tab. Check the box saying "Enable snapshots" and save. To switch between the snapshot and normal version, you can find a new dropdown menu next to the "Play" button. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (In the "launch options" page).
Please report any and all bugs you find in Minecraft to bugs.mojang.com.
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Share your thoughts on how 1.12 is shaping up in the comments below!