We're getting close to releasing 1.12 now, this weeks snapshot brings us even more bug fixes, some optimisations, and a couple of new Advancements.
A full changelog can be found on the Minecraft Wiki, including a full list of bug fixes.
- Added new advancements for taming and breeding animals
- Had some serious words with the Narrator, it should work for more people now
- Changed the levitate advancement to 50 vertical blocks
- Changed the sniper duel advancement to horizontal distance
- Re-introduced announcements to chat when someone earns an advancement
- Added new gamerule "announceAdvancements", defaults to true
- Changed some map colours around again
- Added a new /reload command to reload advancements & loot tables from disk
- Technical: Some optimisations to the recipe book
- Technical: Optimized error conditions in command blocks
- Technical: Added "tick", "tame_animal" and "breed_animal" advancement triggers
- Technical: Distance predicates in advancements now support: x, y, z, horizontal and absolute distance checking
- Technical: Added "announce_to_chat" and "show_toast" booleans to the display info for advancements (both default true)
- Technical: Advancement loading is now strict json
To get snapshots, open your launcher and go to the "launch options" tab. Check the box saying "Enable snapshots" and save. To switch between the snapshot and normal version, you can find a new dropdown menu next to the "Play" button. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (In the "launch options" page).
Please report any and all bugs you find in Minecraft to bugs.mojang.com.
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Share your thoughts on how 1.12 is shaping up in the comments below!