Easter's over, and we have it on good authority that it's almost Christmas time! This weeks snapshot is the final week for introducing new features, and we're now shifting focus towards bugfixing, polishing, and finishing the existing features that were added.
A full changelog can be found on the Minecraft Wiki, including a list of bug fixes.
- Added tutorial hints, they only show in survival mode & only once
- Hide all toasts during F1 (hidden UI)
- Added keybinding options for creative toolbar saving
- Optimized chain command blocks
- Technical: Improved NBT parsing in commands - please let us know if there's issues!
- Technical: Added 'group' to recipe json format, to clump similar recipes together
- Technical: Added new 'keybind' text component, to refer to the player's keybindings
- Blinds players for 20 seconds then shoots with a bow.
- Summons duplicates of itself.
- All duplicates will show shooting animation, but only the real one can be hit and shoots the arrow
To get snapshots, open your launcher and go to the "launch options" tab. Check the box saying "Enable snapshots" and save. To switch between the snapshot and normal version, you can find a new dropdown menu next to the "Play" button. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (In the "launch options" page).
Please report any and all bugs you find in Minecraft to bugs.mojang.com.
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Share your thoughts on how 1.12 is shaping up in the comments below!