The long-awaited full release of Pocket Edition/Windows 10 Edition is live! Loads of features come with the full update, bringing it nearly, if not entirely, to par with Java edition. Neat!
Mojang has made it a point to relay that future updates to MCPE are still being developed, and will continue to be free. Who knows, it may take on a life all its own! Being a distinct version has its ups and downs, but only time will tell what the future brings.
In the meantime, let's examine some of the new features:
- The End, End cities, End ships, Ender dragon & all the other End goodies
- Ender Pearls
- Eye of Ender
- Ender Chest
- Dragon head
- Shulkers & shulker shells
- Chorus fruit and popped chorus fruit
- End stone & End stone brick
- End poem
- Purpur block, purpur pillar, purpur slab & purpur stairs
- End Rod
- Dragon Egg
- Exit Portal & End Gateway
- Ender charge
- Ability to craft lingering potions in survival
- Ability to craft tipped arrows in survival
- Ability to respawn Jean? the Ender Dragon
- Dragon's breath
- Ender crystals
- 256 world height!
- World seed library
- Igloos & polar bears
- Strongholds now fully implemented and have a chance of spawning in newly generated chunks
- Support for world templates
As with previous MCPE updates, this update is free. Be sure to update as soon as possible, and get to slaying that Ender Dragon!
...and fly around with Elytra too, I guess...