1.9.3 has some hotfixes out today, hopefully improving performance across the board for everyone! A minuscule chance exists that performance may worsen slightly. Performance should not stop completely. Maximum performance!
There is a rumor circulating that later versions may include more cosmetic changes, including actual path blocks (in lieu of the commonly used gravel). No promises, but time will tell! So, what exactly is on the menu today?
- Fixed some erroneous skin part display logic
- Fixed adult horses not being able to walk up full blocks
- Fixed the world corrupting when teleporting to y=(-)Infinity
- Fixed a crash when going outside height limit or into the void with F3
- [Bug MC-82464] - Colored 'dead' skin template parts cause in-game issues
- [Bug MC-89760] - Skin's jacket parts do not show up under specific conditions
- [Bug MC-95973] - Adult Horse/Donkey Pathfinding Issue: 1 block elevations treated as "non-traversable" terrain
- [Bug MC-100410] - Currupting world by teleporting to y=(-)Infinity
Please report any and all bugs you find in Minecraft to bugs.mojang.com. If nobody reports a bug, we might end up traveling back in time!
To get snapshots, open your launcher and press the “New Profile” button. Call it “snapshots” and check the box saying “Enable experimental development snapshots” and save. To switch to the normal version, you can select it in the dropdown at the bottom left corner of the launcher. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (See the “new profile” dialog).
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar: Minecraft server jar