I wish the recipe book it was just a guide, only telling you what you need to craft something, instead of also allowing you to craft that item. It seems like people would just get lazy, ignoring the recipes and just craft the items without memorizing them. Or maybe not, I don't know.
- Registered Member
Member for 9 months and 25 days
Last active Sat, Nov, 18 2017 17:34:28
- 0 Followers
- 20 Total Posts
- 3 Thanks
Mar 1, 2017Posted in: Server Administration
Why didn't I think of this sooner?! IT MAKES SO MUCH SENSE!
Feb 27, 2017Posted in: Resource Pack Help
Let's say you have a 1.7 pack, and the currect minecraft version is 1.11. Would it be possible to change the 1.7 pack.mcmeta file to have the newest text (whatever that'd be called), to have what you need for 1.11 packs, and have minecraft recognize it as up-to-date, despite it being made for an earlier version?
Feb 20, 2017Posted in: Recent Updates and Snapshots
The Mojang team is running out of block ids, but they're working on a fix for that now.
Feb 19, 2017Posted in: Recent Updates and Snapshots
Still showing up the same. That might be a bug (unfortunately).
Feb 19, 2017Posted in: Survival Mode
I'm not the only one that getting that? That good to hear. It might be a bug to be fixed in the next snapshot.
Feb 17, 2017Posted in: Discussion
Thanks for the tips! I actually have never used any third party programs (not sure why...), but I think both will definitely help me out immensely!
I'll try to get some blueprints done soon. It's all just visualization in my head at the moment.
Feb 17, 2017Posted in: Survival Mode
I don't have time to make a whole guide unfortunately, but I can tell you a few things;
1. Don't start out big. Play as if you have minimal resources, even if you don't. If you must, lower the ore rates in the advanced options.
2. Join a nice community of people. It really helps when your playing with others and building, pranking, and way more are in store.
3. You need to tell yourself you play it for a reason, not because you feel like you have too.
4. Find a gamemode online that can keep you with the game, however you might just need a break in general.
5. Any other information you can ask me. If you need a server, I got a lot.
1. I usually have this grand scheme in my head of what I'm gonna do, with little to no leeway in case something changes, and then I run into more problems, and that's what shuts my play session down. I think I just need to work on thinking of a base in-the-moment, not beforehand.
2. I have found that multiplayer does help me. I was a part of a small server (<20 people, no mods or plugins, just normal vanilla) a few months ago, but I got bored. I couldn't connect with anyone (no one's on anymore), and all my plans were finished, so I stopped. Having a huge, cool base, and a lot of resources was really fun.
3. I might have a fix for that.
4. I want to get back into creative mode, and I'm in the process now. I'm waiting for 1.12 to see what changes so my builds don't get messed up, or something really cool get's added and I get mad that I have to change a good chunk of my builds to incorporate it.
5. I'll be sure to PM you later.
Achievement get: Tree Puncher. I'm a pro already!
Feb 17, 2017ruddthree posted a message on What motivates you to keep mining even if you didn't "need" the mineralsPosted in: Discussion
I enjoy having endless amounts of resources. I mine just to have an endless amount of stone. So I never run out. And when I'm a few stacks down, I go back. And take back 3 times what I need. Over. And over. And over again.
I think something's wrong with me...
Feb 17, 2017Posted in: Discussion
I am currently in the design phase of constructing a massive city (maybe even a country, it's that large,,,). I want to wait until 1.12 launches to start building though, unless anything changes in future snapshots and messes something up. The concept was based off of creative project I did for my English class, who knew?
If you want my attempt at an overview, enjoy. You'll probably leave with more information than you needed, but there's a "click to hide" button for a reason, I guess.
-Overarching sci-fi theme, yet urban in some places. (Possibly a texture pack to help me with this aspect, but I'm not that great with pack-making.)
-Takes place in the year 2194, in another dimension with a far superior technological arc than us (they had electricity in the 16th century).
-Mechanical limbs, and other advanced implants are a recurring theme. (think the Deus Ex video games for a good idea of what I'm talking about)
-Contains some fantasy elements (imagine magic existing in a modern world)
-7 separate area (central, northern, western, eastern, southern, outlands, undercity), so I'll be here for a while.
-Each area has a sub-theme, due to each having a different function.
Central, Argon, the economic hub, with mostly skyscrapers, and banks (I haven't thought about it's infrastructure much yet). No housing units, if you don't count the hundreds of homeless shelters there.
-Argon's sub-theme: None.
Eastern, Whitefield (I'm not on the naming department), focuses around keeping citizens happy. It's essentially a town-sized shopping mall, with a lot of apartment complexes as well.
-Whitefield's sub-theme: Asian (to the best of my ability)
Northern, Tempest, my personal favorite focuses on power generation and distribution, but is also home to Arnax's largest R&D labs. It also has a few apartment complexes as well, since it has the largest population. It's also where my character lives.
-Tempest's sub-theme: Near Future, slightly urban.
Western, Redsteel (this one is actually a nickname of sorts). It's primary function is to defend Arnax, not that it alone is given that right. It's second job is to guard the outlands. It's last and well-known task is to house every single augmented criminal in existence, with two max-security solitary prisons. It's name is in reference to it's violent nature. Red=blood, Steel=weaponry.
-Redsteels's sub-theme: Menacing, prison-related
Southern, Edexu (something good for once!), is tasked with feeding all 1.2 billion people (Yeah, I think it's a country...). Simple as that.
-Edexu's sub-theme: Present-day farm/processing plant.
Outlands: They lie farther west of Redsteel, and are home to a nuetral hive-mind faction.
-Outlands's sub-theme: Run-down, makeshift.
Undercity: A sub-branch of Tempest, lies underneath the streets of Argon hundreds of feet below. Build around a salvaged ship that crash-landed decades before.
-Undercity's sub-theme: Fallout-shelter-type-thing.
No images, just what I've been doing. I like to have a rich story before a structure so I know what it's supposed to be.
Feb 17, 2017Posted in: Survival Mode
I want to actually get back into the game, not get burned out after a week, and DO SOMETHING THAT KEEPS ME COMING BACK FOR MORE!
Can someone pass me a how-to guide for that? It's harder than it looks after a few years.
Feb 16, 2017Posted in: Recent Updates and Snapshots
White flowers (like oxeye daisies) don't give you bone meal, they give you light-gray dye - despite being white - because bone meal comes from bones, not flowers. I think this would work the same way with lapis lazuli, unless mojang gives us a seperate item in a future snapshot to replace lapis's function as blue dye, or it would be a bit odd.
(Also, perhaps, if this becomes a hot topic, maybe this could get it's own thread?)
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.