I know it's a little late, but merry christmas, all!
- Curse Premium
Member for 1 year, 9 months, and 13 days
Last active Tue, Jan, 16 2018 18:16:46
- 5 Followers
- 1,904 Total Posts
- 289 Thanks
Dec 12, 2017Posted in: General Off Topic
What, give up one of the main hobbies of my demographic?!?!
A scurrilous allegation. I have witnesses prepared to testify otherwise….
:ON_Sarcasm: wunderbar :OFF_Sarcasm:
The further joys of geometric progression…
The answer wasn't on topic, but just too good to pass up
People leaving the handles of things sticking out over the edge of whatever it is on which the item is set; a safety rule all too often observed in its breach.
It's cool. I would have done it, too.
Dec 4, 2017rabidgoodra27 posted a message on 🚀 Space Expedition to EPIC 204 🚀 A Custom Survival Adventure in an Alien World! [26,000+ DLs!] NEW: Beta1.10: Final Systems!Posted in: Maps
Ah, happy for you guys!
It's great to see such a great project come along so far.
I'm still waiting for the final release to play (well, technically, I've done a few things around the world, but they were around alpha or so, and I've been updating the world and checking out the command center)
Nov 20, 2017rabidgoodra27 posted a message on I don't think Minecraft has gone downhill or dying or anything like thatPosted in: Discussion
The game is still great.
It's the community that's getting worse.
Nov 20, 2017Posted in: Culture, Media & Arts
Dude, I spend most of my free time listening to/making music.
I'm more of a instrumentals/VGM kind of guy, but some of my favorite songs aren't either of those.
tobyMac - Made to Love
tobyMac - Hold On
tobyMac - Get Back Up
Yeah, he's great.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Nov 18, 2017Wolftopia posted a message on Update Aquatic (1.14): All Information We Have So FarPosted in: Recent Updates and Snapshots
In case you didn't know, there is a new Minecraft update in progress: Update Aquatic! Here I will post all known news of this update as it comes out. So, let's begin!
These are caused by placing magma blocks under water. All entities and players will fall through this like there is no water there, making it a potential risk when navigating the seas.
This is a new weapon. So far we don't know how to obtain it, but we do have its abilities and texture shown already. You can use it as a melee weapon like a sword, or throw it. There is a special enchantment you can get on it that makes it come back to you after you throw it. There is also another enchantment that makes the player go with the trident when its thrown. Also note that you can only use certain abilities of the trident when underwater or if exposed to rain.
Above is another picture of it, this time in 1st person perspective. On the Minecraft website, two enchantments for the trident have been revealed, but without further description. Slipstream Dash is probably the one that makes you go with the trident as you throw it, but I still don't know what Impaler will do. If I were to guess, though, it would be some equivalent of Sharpness, but for tridents.
KelpNote that the texture for kelp (the green grass-like plants) is actually animated. I wasn't able to capture that in the screenshot, sadly.
Coral & Fish
It has already been confirmed that there will be fish mobs for all the fish you can get by fishing, as well as some other kinds of fish, such as "tropical" fish. Also, you will be able to pick fish up in a bucket and place it back down in water. Perfect for building aquariums!
These will of course be found deep in the ocean, and will contain loot chests. Also, by the looks of it, the Bedrock Edition style of water is coming to the Java Edition.
New(ish) Water Physics!
As you can see, there will be an adjustment to water physics.
Both water and items will be able to flow through things like fences and slabs.Also, items will now float!
Jens (jeb_) has now confirmed that water physics will work slightly different than shown above. Here are some quotes from one of his Mixer streams:
"The things that we showed at Minecon may have been too much, so
we're trying more simple way of doing the water physics, more similar to
the old style. The most important thing is to have non solid blocks
inside water, like stairs and fences, but the way we're gonna do it is
that if you have a fence and you put water on it, that's gonna be a water source block, but water itself won't flow through fences [...] because that would break a lot of contraptions that people make using trapdoors and such."
"We want water physics to work like they do today. The difference is
that you can put water on the fence, and then the fence will be inside
IcebergsAlong with this, it has been said that there will be new ocean terrain, different "temperatures" (i.e. hot and cold) of oceans, and different ocean biomes themselves, which would contain kelp, coral, or nothing depending on the biome.
Yes yes yes! We are getting another (useful) ocean mob! These will jump out of the water (I couldn't get screenshot of that. Sorry!) and will even help you by leading you to treasure. Sounds neat, right? Here is another picture of the dolphins:
This picture was obtained from the Minecraft Reddit. I did not screenshot this image myself.
Mob B: "The Monster of the Night Skies"
You know those four mobs that the community got to select one of to be in the game? Well, this is the winner. It's a manta-ray-like monster that flies in packs at night in the Overworld. It swoops down to bite the player, and is especially attracted to those who haven't slept for a while. It has been said that it will mainly attack players at high altitudes, so you better watch out when climbing a mountain or creating a tower!
On his twitter, Jeb has posted pictures of Mob B (a name for it is still being worked out). Here is one of the pictures:
New Swimming Animation
We already knew that the Update Aquatic (1.14) would be released in Spring of 2018, but now we know that it will likely be in early Spring. In addition to this, we now have baby turtles confirmed. See these quotes from the minecraft.net article:
"These fine-flippered-fellows will be paddling into Minecraft very soon. Then,
they’ll make their nests on shorelines throughout various biomes and their
young will scamper down to the water."
"These turtle textures will likely change before we let them loose in Minecraft in 2018, along with the rest of the Update Aquatic. Until then, enjoy this first sneak peek, and happy holidays from everyone at Mojang!"
This also tells us that the texture for the turtle will likely change. The turtle in the picture seems to be a sea turtle, and they mentioned turtles in several different biomes, so there is a good chance we'll have more than one kind of turtle, which sounds pretty cool!
People online have pointed out that in the top right of the second turtle picture you can see some sort of underwater structure. Is this just a little underwater base one of the developers had built for testing, or is it a new structure?
More Information To Come!
This is just the tip of the iceberg (pun intended). For example, we still don't know how to get the trident yet. The lead developer (Jens/jeb_) has also stated that there is much more that hasn't been revealed yet.
Textures And Other Things Are Subject to Change
For example, they might change the texture of the trident or dolphin. That's why they hired the new texture artist. This would be just like when they changed the llama textures from the ones shown at Minecon 2016.
When Is The Update Coming?
Jeb said that the update will be released around the same time (possibly even on the same day) for both the Java Edtion and the Bedrock Edition. Also, it has been said that it will be released in Spring of 2018.
When You Hear News, Let Me Know ASAP!
Please let me know when you hear about more news of the development!
Thank You To Users:
Aug 24, 2013Sildur posted a message on [1.6.4 - 1.12.2]Sildur's shaders [PC/MAC/INTEL] Enhanced Default v1.02 released! (January 20, 2018)Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Be sure to check this thread from time to time for updates and news!
What is "Sildurs shaders"?
Sildur's Shaders is an extension of GLSL shader mod. This shaderpack adds several effects to the game, like shadows, volumetric lighting, bloom and water reflections. Unlike other shaderpacks, Sildur's Shaders is designed to work on all graphics cards and computers, including Macs, while still delivering a great graphical experience. See below for screenshots and download links.
Vibrant shaders screenshots (v1.166):
Enhanced Default screenshots (v1.02):
Basic shaders screenshots (v1.051):
Videos: (More videos are welcomed!):Minecraft Shader Cinematic - Sildur's shaders by RedRose (v1.166):
Minecraft 1.12 - BEAUTIFUL GRAPHICS! by JerenVids (vibrant shaders v1.166):
Review/Showcase by PythonGB (v1.153):
EthosLab taking a look at my shaders (v1.153):
Cinematic by XDanielcrafter1X (v1.141):
Me, showing of some new settings that can be tweaked ingame - while playing. (there are more tweakable features by now)
(read this before downloading, you accept it by downloading!)
You are not allowed to:
- Rename any shaderpack and upload them as yours.
- Modify my shaderpacks and upload them with your name on.
- Provide mirrors by reuploading my shaderpacks.
- Copy and paste code or whole files, (like gbuffers_water.vsh) into your shaderpack.
You are allowed to:
- Create videos of it, linking this thread or my fb page would be great!
- Modifiy it for your own only - without sharing it online.
1.166 is the newest version available. (November 29, 2017. Changelogs can be found below)
Sildur's Vibrant shaders 1.166 Lite Recommended for Intel cards and weak systems
Sildur's Vibrant shaders 1.166 Medium Recommended for recording or older PCs
Sildur's Vibrant shaders 1.166 High Lowest: 65fps Average: 85fps Highest: 110fps - [email protected] view dist: 12
Sildur's Vibrant Shaders 1.166 High-Motionblur
Sildur's Vibrant shaders 1.166 Extreme Lowest: 55fps Average: 70fps Highest: 85fps - [email protected] view dist: 12
Sildur's Vibrant Shaders 1.166 Extreme-Volumetric Lighting WIP
Use the inbuild dynamic lights option from Optifine for handheld light!
(Found in options -> video settings -> quality, or options -> video settings)
Download doesn't work? Disable your adblocker on adfly sites and it should work.
- Vibrant shaders feature pretty much everything, from depth of field to volumetric lighting.
Legacy Vibrant Shaders (older versions, supports MC version 1.6.4 and newer):AGREEMENT ABOVE DOES ALSO COUNT FOR THOSE SHADERPACKS!
Sildur's Vibrant shaders 1.164 Lite Recommended for Intel cards and weak systems
Sildur's Vibrant shaders 1.164 Medium Recommended for recording or older PCs
Sildur's Vibrant shaders 1.164 High Lowest: 65fps Average: 85fps Highest: 110fps - [email protected] view dist: 12
Sildur's Vibrant Shaders 1.164 High-Motionblur
Sildur's Vibrant shaders 1.164 Extreme Lowest: 55fps Average: 70fps Highest: 85fps - [email protected] view dist: 12
Sildur's Vibrant Shaders 1.164 Extreme-Volumetric Lighting WIP
Sildur's Vibrant shaders 1.153 Lite Recommended for Intel cards and weak systems
Sildur's Vibrant shaders 1.153 Medium Recommended for recording or older PCs
Sildur's Vibrant shaders 1.153 High Lowest: 65fps Average: 85fps Highest: 110fps - [email protected] view dist: 12
Sildur's Vibrant Shaders 1.153 High-Motionblur
Sildur's Vibrant shaders 1.153 Extreme Lowest: 55fps Average: 70fps Highest: 85fps - [email protected] view dist: 12
Sildur's Vibrant shaders 1.141 Lite Recommended for Intel cards and weak systems
Sildur's Vibrant shaders 1.141 Medium Recommended for recording or older PCs
Sildur's Vibrant shaders 1.141 High ~85-100fps on a [email protected]
Sildur's Vibrant Shaders 1.141 High-MotionBlur
Sildur's Vibrant shaders 1.141 Extreme 65-85fps on a [email protected]
Sildur's Vibrant shaders 1.14 Lite Recommended for Intel cards and weak systems
Sildur's Vibrant shaders 1.14 Medium Recommended for recording or older PCs
Sildur's Vibrant shaders 1.14 High ~85-100fps on a [email protected]
Sildur's Vibrant Shaders 1.14 High-MotionBlur
Sildur's Vibrant shaders 1.14 Extreme 65-85fps on a [email protected]
Sildur's Vibrant shaders 1.13 Lite Recommended for Intel cards and weak systems
Sildur's Vibrant shaders 1.13 Medium Recommended for recording or older PCs
Sildur's Vibrant shaders 1.13 High ~75-100fps on GTX [email protected]
Sildur's Vibrant Shaders 1.13 High-MotionBlur
Sildur's Vibrant shaders 1.13 Extreme 65-75fps on GTX [email protected]
Sildur's Vibrant shaders 1.12 Lite Recommended for Intel cards and weak systems
Sildur's Vibrant shaders 1.12 Medium Recommended for recording or older PCs
Sildur's Vibrant shaders 1.12 High ~75-100fps on GTX [email protected]
Sildur's Vibrant Shaders 1.12 High-MotionBlur
Sildur's Vibrant shaders 1.12 Extreme 65-75fps on GTX [email protected]
Sildur's Vibrant shaders 1.10 Lite Recommended for Intel cards and weak systems
Sildur's Vibrant shaders 1.10 Medium Recommended for recording or older PCs
Sildur's Vibrant shaders 1.10 High ~75-100fps on GTX [email protected]
Sildur's Vibrant Shaders 1.10 High-MotionBlur
Sildur's Vibrant shaders 1.10 Extreme 65-75fps on GTX [email protected]
Sildur's Vibrant shaders 1.09 Lite Recommended for Intel cards and weak systems
Sildur's Vibrant shaders 1.09 Medium Recommended for recording or older PCs
Sildur's Vibrant shaders 1.09 High ~75-100fps on GTX [email protected]
Sildur's Vibrant Shaders 1.09 High-MotionBlur
Sildur's Vibrant shaders 1.09 Extreme 65-75fps on GTX [email protected]
Sildur's Vibrant shaders 1.08 Lite Recommended for Intel cards and weak systems
Sildur's Vibrant shaders 1.08 Medium Recommended for recording or older PCs
Sildur's Vibrant shaders 1.08 High ~70-90fps on GTX [email protected]
Sildur's Vibrant Shaders 1.09 High-MotionBlur
Sildur's Vibrant shaders 1.08 Extreme stable 60fps on GTX [email protected]
Sildur's Vibrant shaders 1.07 Medium (beta) Recommended for recording or weak PCs
Sildur's Vibrant shaders 1.07 High (beta) ~80-100fps on GTX [email protected]
Sildur's Vibrant Shaders 1.07 High-MotionBlur (beta)
Sildur's Vibrant shaders 1.07 Extreme (beta) stable 60fps on GTX [email protected]
Sildur's Vibrant shaders 1.06 Medium Pick this one for smooth gameplay and recording, usually above 60fps.
Sildur's Vibrant shaders 1.06 High Quite heavier compared to medium. Running at constant 60fps on my GTX 770 tho.
Sildur's Vibrant shaders 1.06 High-MotionBlur
Sildur's Vibrant shaders 1.06 Extreme Self explaining.
v1.054 is more fantasy like compared to v1.06.
Last updated on 10/03/15.
- Fixed flickering issue
- Reworked lite preset completly.
- Acacia and Dark oak leaves are now also waving in the wind
Sildur's Vibrant shaders 1.054 Lite
Sildur's Vibrant shaders 1.054 Medium
Sildur's Vibrant shaders 1.054 High
Sildur's Vibrant shaders 1.054 Ultra
v1.032, released November 21, 2016.
- Fixed day/night transition
- Fixed handheld items brightness
- Night is less dark
- Fixed emissive block lighting strength
- Nether and End now use my basic shaders
Max - no DOF
v1.031, released: May, 31, 2016.
changes: Improved night time, removed option: NightIsTooDarkForMe.
Max - no DOF
Max, no depth of field
Max, Cel shading
This redone version requires Optifine with the integrated shadersmod in order to work correctly. (1.7.10 and newer)
Sildur's Enhanced Default [redone] v1.02
- Full support for default minecraft, meaning things like night vision work fine!
- Shadows, colored shadows, underwater shadows, reflections, cel-shading, color boost, crossprocess(color filer), motionblur, depth of field and distance blur
Everything listed above can be tweaked ingame, so be sure to check out those shader options!
Sildur's Basic Shaders v1.051 Regular
Sildur's Basic Shaders v1.051 Motion Blur
Sildur's Basic Shaders v1.051 DoF
Sildur's Basic shaders v1.02 World curvature
Sildur's Basic Shaders v6 ACID Incomatible with macs
- Crossprocessing (Different colors, see screenshots.)
- Depth of Field
- World Curvature (outdated)
- Crazy Acid shaders (outdated)
For MC 1.7.10 and newer:
- Download and install the MC version you want to use.
- Download the corresponding optifine version: http://optifine.net/downloads
- Run the optifine jar file you just downloaded, it's an installer. (if you want to use forge don't run it and put it into your mods folder instead)
- Launch the game using the newly created optifine profile, unless you use forge, in that case run it using the forge profile.
- Goto options -> video settings -> shaders and pick it from the list.
There's a new button in the lower right corner in the shaderpacks screen, it allows you to adjust some shader things ingame. Click on it after picking my shaderpack from the list if you want to.
For MC 1.6.4 and below:
- Download the latest Forge version for your MC version.
- Run it's installer (the jar file), a new profile should appear in your launcher use that to launch the game
- Download Karyonix GLSL mod for 1.6.4 or below and put the jar file into your .minecraft/mods folder.
- Download Optifine HD <version> Ultra and put it into your .minecraft/mods folder.
- Launch the game using the new forge profile.
- Put my shaderpack into the shaderpack folder in .minecraft/shaderpacks.
- Ingame goto options -> shaderpacks and pick it from the list.
Vibrant shaders changelog:Vibrant shaders 1.166:
- Fixed lighting on transparent blocks during night time
Vibrant shaders 1.165:
- Downported water from upcoming v1.17
- Added ingame option water height found in parallax option screen.
- Added ingame option water texture, it blends your resourcepack texture with the water color, so it might not be that visible.
Vibrant shaders 1.164:
- Fixed bloom in nether
- Ported improved colored shadows from enhanced default to vibrant shaders!
Vibrant shaders 1.163:
- Fixed weird color issues on newer nvidia drivers (381.65, 381.78)
- Added waving tallgrass
Vibrant shaders 1.162:
- Added water parallax mapping (medium - extreme, can be toggled in parallax mapping option, disabled by default in medium)
- Added support for User friendly options. Update optifine to one of the many preview versions to make use of this:
The preview version for 1.8.9 no longer requires you to enable the ingame MC1.8 option! (OF author backported shadersmod improvements from 1.11.2)
- Various code improvements
- Improved water visuals, adjusted colors
- Volumetric lighting now automaticly disables godrays
- Fixed flashing black square caused by bloom
- Fixed white border caused by bloom for fermi nvidia gpus and some intel gpus
Vibrant shaders 1.161:
- Fixed rendering of non moving entities (like chests, signs etc)
- Fixed lines in water, thanks to Builderb0y
- Fixed End shaders
- Improved lighting on chests, signs etc.
Vibrant shaders 1.16:
- Reworked rendering system to fix a bunch of issues, see below:
- Fixed stained glass colors near lightsources
- Fixed entities rendering (players etc)
- Fixed hand rendering
- Fixed translucent blocks rendering (stained glass etc)
- Fixed rendering of enchanted items (armor, weapons etc)
- Fixed distance dof/blur, blurring your hand
- Fixed motionblur blurring your hand
- Fixed underwater shadows
- Fixed block selection color (leads are a bit broken because of this)
- Fixed rain on water/translucent blocks
- Fixed light bleeding in caves
- Fixed weird color issues on certain systems
- Fixed lines in water thanks to BuilderB0y
- Code optimizations to reduce potential errors on certain systems. (Like weird colors)
- Improved support for translucent blocks, mods that add translucent blocks should work better now.
- Improved bloom
- Improved lens flare
- Improved water caustics
- Improved water ripples
- Improved lighting
- Improved motionblur
- Improved ambient occlusion (it's now only enabled in extreme, because it causes huge slowdowns with lots of entities nearby)
- Added Volumetric lighting (based off chocapics beta release, WIP)
- Added an ingame option to toggle volumetric lighting, found in sky options. Disable godrays before enabling it.
- Added waving beetroot
- Added an ingame option to adjust the motionblur strength
- Added an ingame option to adjust the bloom strength
- Added an ingame option to toggle ice and stained glass reflections
- Adjusted water colors
- Adjusted colors, they were abit over the top.
- Color boost can now be adjusted ingame:
0.04 = old color boost set to off.
0.2 = new adjusted colors
0.35 = old color boost set to on.
- Removed dynamic handheld light due to rendering issues. Use the inbuild "Dynamic Lights" option from Optifine.
Found in options -> video settings -> quality. Or options -> video settings.
- Bloom on torches can become to strong if they are next to each other because they light themself up.
- Improved lighting on mobs in caves.
- Fixed transparent mobs in nether for some intel and amd gpus.
- Fixed hand flickering on some amd gpus. (tested on hd6870, driver 16.2.1)
- Fixed nether sky being rendered ontop of transparent blocks.
- Applied a temporary fix for transparent blocks in nether for all systems. It depens on your GPU how well it works / looks.
- Applied a temporary fix for enchanted stuff, it shows the effect on some items but the colors are abit off. (requires optifine shadersmod, so 1.8+)
Thanks to Vico, Turtac and Digitalshadowhawk for testing.
*Know issues: Colors of stained glass and ice in nether might look abit off depending on the GPU (mostly amd and intel). Still released this patch because they are no longer invisible.
Temponary fixes will be resolved in the future, I have to rework the way things are rendered to fix everything correctly.
- Improved sky while raining on lite preset.
- Fixed flickering on hand / handheld items (for intel gpus). Thanks to Vico for testing.
- Fixed fog rendering in nether.
- Fixed fog rendering through transparency in nether.
- Fixed pixelated screen if bloom is disabled.
- Fixed bloom option in nether.
Transparency isn't rendering correctly in nether for Intel gpus, not sure why.
Vibrant v1.151 hotfix:
- Fixed issues with compiling the shaderpack on intel gpus.
- Fixed text on signs if parallax mapping is enabled.
Some undocumented changes, missing from the previous changelog:
- Moon is now also drawn by the shaderpack, like the sun.
- Added an ingame option to toggle the shader moon.
If it overlaps with the default moon either disable it in video settings -> details -> Sun & Moon. Or disable the shader moon.
- Improved shadow distance.
- Shadows go through water now.
- Shadows can be disabled now. (added an ingame option to disable shadows)
- Added an ingame option to toggle shadows.
- Light from emissive blocks now goes through water instead of ontop.
- Almost full transparency support. (stained glass, ice etc)
- Improved godrays.
- Improved sky and general lighting colors.
- Improved sun glow.
- Improved water transparency.
- Improved water visuals for all presets (lite - extreme)
- Adjusted water colors.
- Changed rain/snow angle, it no longer falls straight down.
- Added an ingame option to toggle the alternative weather angle.
- Fixed issues with particles and transparency.
- Added subtile ice reflections.
- Added subtile stained glass reflections.
- SSAO replaced with SSDO, it's faster and more accurate. (Ambient occlusion)
- You don't like how colorful everything is? No problem, added an ingame option to toggle the color boost.
- Added a new option called whiteworld which makes replaces every color with white. Screenshot -> https://i.imgur.com/xziUB8O.png
- Added an ingame option to toggle mobs flashing red when hurt
- Added an ingame option to toggle underwater fog
- Added an ingame option to adjust the view distance of distance-blur (dof)
- Added parallax mapping. (parallax mapping depth is based on what your pom res is set to)
- Added an ingame options for parallax mapping and it's resolution.
- Added waving water
- Added an ingame option to toggle waving water
- Optimized water code, reduced if statements since they are somewhat slow.
- Improved red flashing mobs while hurt, thanks to Sp614x.
- Reduced noise texture resolution from 1024 to 512, this will increase the overall performance by quite a bit!
- Optimized code to reduce visual differences caused by lower noise texture.
- Fixed leashes.
- Improved overall performance of vibrant shaders.
- Added colored shadows! (if going through stained glass).
- Added an ingame option to toggle colored shadows.
- Added bump mapping. (it's tied to parallax mapping)
- Optimized both bump mapping and parallax code alot.
- Added an ingame option to toggle clouds (in sky options)
- Added an ingame option to toggle cloud reflections. (in sky options, only enabled in extreme)
- Clouds move slower now.
- Renamed sun effects to sky options
- Added nether shaders!
- The End now makes use of my basic shaders (until I work something out for them)
Know issues and more:
- Transparency can sometimes look abit off
- Entities (players, mobs and such) can look a bit off at times. (Applied a temporary fix to prevent issues with transparency on entities)
- Lens flares is applied to everything bright (intended by chocapic), but it's rather annoying for gameplay. So disabled by default until recoded. Also requires bloom to be enabled.
- Bloom is not final, but the current one should be faster compared to v1.141.
- Motionblur affects your hand / handheld items, same for depth of field.
- Lite preset is no longer that cut down, the only thing that's missing are reflections.
- Added an ingame option to change the amount of blur used by bloom.
- Reduced the amount of blur used by bloom a bit. Reducing blur makes the bloom effect abit weaker.
- Added an ingame option to adjust the lighting strength of emissive blocks, like torches.
- Lighting strength of emissive blocks is NO LONGER AFFECTED BY MOONLIGHT.
- Bloom strength is NO LONGER AFFECTED BY MOONLIGHT.
- Increased the max. allowed value for moonlight to 0.10.
- The whole lighting system has been rewritten, it's way better and less hardcoded now. (To allow tweaks)
- Alot smoother transitions between lighting states. No more jumpy lighting switches between day/night/inside
- Cleaned and optimized code(small performance boost), no more double defines @Sp614x
- Fixed and improved handheld items that cast light. Their light range is no longer nearly infinite.
- Mobs now flash red again when hurt.
- New, much better bloom.
- Godrays are no longer visible while raining.
- Nights are now a bit brighter.
- Everything is now less dark while raining.
- Shadows are now a bit darker, to increase contrast and compensate for increased brightness caused by bloom.
- Overall some minor lighting changes, improvements and bugfixes.
- Emissive blocks now look better even if bloom is disabled.
- Motionblur works way better with the new bloom, I can only recommend it.
- NEW, simple water caustics, also slightly changed transparency of water
- NEW, added more options that can be tweaked ingame is using Optifine 1.8.9 G9 or higher.
For example: Brightness during night time can be adjusted ingame now. Also things like shadow distance and resolution can be changed while playing.
- FIXED, Depth of field, thanks to Skate702 for indirectly reporting this issue.
- FIXED, Cel shading, thanks to Apechief for pointing that out!
- Updated whole shaderpack to support new optifine features better (Requires optifine 1.8.9 G9 or newer)
- NEW, simple HDR, your "eyes" now adjust to the lighting, for example: if you go out of a cave everything will be bright for a few seconds.
- NEW, Water has changed again, can be seen in the screenshot!
- FIXED, Bloom no longer gets cut of by the sky.
- FIXED, Leaves in the distance are no longer bright.
- IMPROVED, Bloom is less pixelated now, without a loss of performance!
- CHANGED, Turned bloom a bit down, as suggested a few times.
Lite and medium should experience a boost in performance, about 10-20fps more compared to v1.09!
High and extreme are now a bit more performance tanking in areas with water, before everyone starts to cry, it's only about 5fps worse compared to v1.09.
- FIXED, Ice blocks in water.
- FIXED, Stars, they are visible at night again!
- FIXED, Maps, they are displayed correctly now.
- ADDED, Workarround to disable Minecraft's Pseudo lighting system. You can disable my workarround if you like the default MC lighting which darkens sides of blocks.
- ADDED, Cloud "distortion" for a more realistic movement.
- CHANGED, Sun glow at night no longer has the same redish color like daytime. It's now more blue-ish. (Moon glow)
- CHANGED, Godrays are now located in final.fsh and have been merged with lens flare code to reduce duplicated code.
- Code has been cleaned up A LOT, also lots of optimations being made. Performance should've increased for about 5-15frames!
- FIXED almost all bloom issues, see bloom changes below
- NEW Bloom is now only active in dark areas, like caves or certain houses. (Based on the lightlevel arround your character)
Bloom is also enabled during raining and night time.
- FIXED Vines are no longer glitching through blocks
- FIXED weird-redish lighting in caves / dark areas
- FIXED Distance blur, it no longer affects the sky.
- FIXED Fog in caves and houses while raining
- NEW Lens flare from newest chocapic branch has been ported over for more customization in the future
- FIXED New Lens flare caused a blackscreen while looking at the moon / away from the sun.
- NEW Fog now has it's own color in caves / dark places
- NEW Water has been reworked, looks pretty awesome!
Vibrant 1.07 (beta) - Updated to newest chocapic version, read his updated agreement / rules!
- NEW Fog color now adjust according to world lighting
- NEW Subsurface scattering, can be seen while raining.
- OPTIMIZED Clouds are no longer calculated twice for sky and water.
- OPTIMIZED Sun, it's no longer just a huge white spot.
- IMPROVED World lighting and colors
- FIXED Distance blur no longer affects the sky.
- REMOVED Wetness while raining, it will come back tho. Don't worry
- Bloom causes blending from sky into ground / objects. It's only enabled in extreme because of that.
- Bloom can result in overbrightness
- Lighting in dungeons is to bright / redish
- NEW Motionblur, it's working well
- NEW Underwater fog
- NEW Lens flare
- NEW Water ripples
- NEW Water "lighting"
- IMPROVED Fog
- IMPROVED Overall lighting
- REWORKED lighting system from torches
- AND MUCH MUCH MORE, GO CHECK IT OUT INGAME YOURSELF!
- TWEAKED Water waves
- Minor code optimations
- REMOVED PoM and Specular mapping for now..(to fps draining)
- NEW Motion blur!
- NEW HDR effect! Thanks to DeDelner
- NEW Water refraction
- TWEAKED Water waves (ripples)
- TWEAKED Lighting from torches etc.
- CHANGED Ultra version now uses DoF as in older releases
- CHANGE Bloom got another rework
- CHANGE Torches etc are now brighter and got a new color tone
- NEW Added a workarround for macs with very low fps, can be enabled in composite.fsh
- NEW Bloom method
- NEW Colors (Tonemapping and such)
- NEW 2D Clouds, taking almost no fps.
- NEW Bokeh DoF and distance blur
- NEW Water ripples
- NEW Water reflections
- NEW Reflections when raining / wetness
- NEW Sun
- NEW Torchlight color
- NEW/BETTER Godrays
- NEW FOG finally!
- NEW Underwater is now kinda foggy
- FIXED black night
- FIXED flickering
- FIXED SSAO
- FIXED a hell lot more bugs
- More optimized
Probably way more changes, but I can't remember them all.
Works with PC's and Mac's with Nvidia and some AMD cards (plz report your result if it doesnt work, by also posting the devlog from the minecraft launcher into a spoiler. This helps me the most, I still need to know at least your OS and graphic card)
- Fixed specular mapping (reflections)
- Added parallax mapping (pom, requires adjusted TP)
- Way better night can be disabled in composite.fsh
- Sharper shadows without fps hit
- White screen caused by lens flare probably fixed
- Added version for Intel cards
- Better sun and sky
- probably some more changes which I forgot
- Added new waving objects from 1.7.2
- fixed blurred hand when using depth of field
- Bunch of bugfixes and improvments
- All versions works with any Nvidia drivers now. (Im on the latest beta for ex.)
- Motionblur added, currently overlapping with Godrays, so you can only use one. (Found in composite1.fsh, but dont use it yet, requires more work)
- No depth of field pre-configured download added
* TODO *
- Better glowing effects
- Parallax mapping
- fixed weird white transparent "screen"
- fixed black ground while looking away from the sun
- Activated Ice and Netherportal reflections in max and max+celshading (May be tweaked and optimized in future update)
- Added handeld items casting light ~ from Chocapics WIP9. Can be activated in composite.fsh
- Darker nights added
- Optimized even a little bit more
- fixed weird looking ice (reworked how I changed the water color)
- Specular mapping is kinda fixed - can look weird sometimes
- Handheld items like torches cast light (enable in composite.fsh)
- New water color WIP *Ice is a bit buggy
- Screen gets brighter while looking at the sun WIP
- Basic function for a better night added
- Fixed SSAO
There will be a few other bugs maybe, its a preview
- Fixed specular mapping
- Added basic lens flare
- Merged with chocapics rain flares
- Added specular mapping back (broken, fixed in 7.1)
- Reworked water shader again
- Ssao currently broken
Enhanced Default changelog:Enhanced Default v1.02:
- Fixed an issue with normals, resulting in an overall performance increase of about 30%!
- Code optimizations and cleanup, further increasing the overall performance
- Added debugging options in misc, depthbuffer isn't really used but might be neat for some screenshots
- Added block.properties support, allowing you to easily add waving and reflections support for new blocks (modded blocks)
- Removed individual reflections options, they are now grouped together due to block id mapping using block.properties (see below for more on that one)
- Reduced shadow acne
Enhanced Default v1.01
- Improved performance, I get about 15-20fps more compared to v1.0. Make sure to update your optifine version, otherwise you might not gain that much of a boost.
- Fixed fog under/in lava. You might have to update your optifine version for this to work.
- Added ingame option Reflections Quality. (fast|fancy, default: fast)
Enhanced [redone] v1.0
- Initial release of rewritten enhanced default, everything has been improved.
Basic shaders changelog:v1.051:
- Fixed compiling issues that happend on certain Intel gpus and macs.
- Code cleanup.
- Colorboost can now be toggled ingame if using optifine. (in regular basic shaders)
- Sun and moon angle can now be toggled ingame if using optifine (switch between default and shader sun/moon angle, in regular basic shaders)
- Waving objects can now be toggled ingame if using optifine (in regular basic shaders)
- Added waving support for beetroots.
- Updated to support 1.8(.8) blocks and entities.
- Removed none needed code
- Replaced most code with newer one from my latest build
- Vines should glitch less into blocks
- Improved compatibility
- fixed a mistake with bloom
- added colors from vibrant to basic shaders
- fixed for Intelcards
- changed sun angle to the new one
- added new waving objects
- fixed an error, which made everything black/dark
- New crossprocess
- Thaumcraft 4 and Aether 2 Support
- Cleaner code
- Waving potatoes and carrots added
- fixed a mistake in the DoF basic.
Reporting Bugs or Problems:Pick the shaderpack from the shaders list, after that goto .minecraft/logs and attach the latest.log in your post.
Getting error final.fsh and composite.fsh plz help me
Nvidia GTX 960, driver 362.00
Windows 10 Pro x64
Here's my log output:
Please post your log output in a spoiler by doing this (spoiler)your text(/spoiler) replace () with .
Want my signature? Here's the code:
Like my work and want to support me? Feel free todo so here:
You can find me here to be always up to date on whats going on:
My other projects:
Enhanced Warhammer Age of reckoning: http://bit.ly/1WiVU1Y
Enhanced Elder scrolls online: http://bit.ly/1ner1jy
Enhanced Skyrim Special Edition: http://bit.ly/2e58vYJ
Chocapic13 & Alexei, Vibrant shaders based on them.
Karyonix - Maintains and updates the GLSL mod, which without my shaderpack would not work.
Sp614x - Updating and including the shadersmod in optifine.
Skype/Discord Testers - Helped me solve common bugs and problems.
N3rdFall, for this awesome signature!
Jan 10, 2018webrosc posted a message on It Makes Sense To Be Called 1.10; It Shouldn't Be Called 2.0Posted in: Discussion
1.10 maybe an abbreviation of 1.10.0 but its not a count. each number means something
So 1.10.9 can be followed by 1.10.54 or 1.11.1 depending on what changed.
The first digit is the major version
The second is minor version
The third is the patch number. You can have 1.7543.7643 if the programmer wants. But jumping from 1.x.x to 2.x.x means a major change, in minecraft case that could be if they changed from java to c for the engine.
Aug 21, 2014Posted in: WIP Maps
Hello everyone !
I present my Zelda Adventure map ! Enjoy discovering this Huge world full of little and bigger Islands !
Alternate between Main Quest to save the World and Side Quests.
As I said, the map generation is special, it's an ocean riddled of Islands, the perfect setting to remember you your best memories while playing Wind Waker !
An atmosphere reinforced with many Music from the Zelda series and others. Hookshot, Boomerang and other gear will help you during the adventure !
Many Dialogs and Quests which will require reflection and bravery !
And beautiful constructions far from mournful constructions of usual adventure Maps.
This experience is possible thanks to some of the bests mods !
Mods list :
Key and Lock Code
INFORMATIONS AND SCREENSHOTS :
Important detail : IT'S IN FRENCH. So if anybody would like to help us to translate, it would be suuuuuper nice !
We are going to translate it this summer in order to release a Beta
BUT this is not finished ! And we need Testers and builders to make this map the best Zelda Adventure map ever created ! Contact me for any informations and if you want to join the adventure !
-----> [email protected]
Trailer and Videos :
Dec 12, 2017Robijnvogel posted a message on Zelda Sword Skills: 1.8.9 v3.4 and 1.7.10 v2.5.1 (03/08/2017)Posted in: Minecraft Mods
An official Discord server appears:
Since CoolAlias won't create or merge a Twitch account, he asked me to take care of this job.
Perhaps I should ask a moderator to add this to the OP of this thread as well.
Jan 23, 2017Cpt_Corn posted a message on Eternal Hearts [Kingdom Hearts Inspired Texture Pack] (Updated 1/3/18)Posted in: Resource Packs
Eternal Hearts is a semi-realistic themed texture pack based on the Kingdom Hearts series. This texture pack is designed for people seeking a decent texture pack based on the series or for people looking for a decent cartoon or RPG themed texture pack.
Planet Minecraft Link: http://www.planetminecraft.com/texture_pack/eternal-hearts/
Paste the code of your choice as your signature for one of the following banners:
<a href="http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/resource-packs/2787068-eternal-hearts-vmc1-11_r4-updated-1-24-17"><img src="http://i.imgur.com/4fLhDum.png" alt=""></a>
Dec 3, 2017Posted in: Discussion
It's possible with NBTExplorer.
I'd cut my inventory to nothing (including armor), open the old game, copy the inventory (under player) then open the original and replace the entire inventory (delete), you can also delete/rename inventory1 to inventory.
It is possible to add one item but I have trouble every time I try. I often get a conflict and overwrite someting I want in the csane slot.
CLOSE ALL MineCraft games before using NBT and remember to save all changes.
I suggest you make a copy of your current game to the desktop or somewhere else for insurance, first.
Nov 12, 2017warco311 posted a message on Two-Player Co-Op Map: The Twist Labs [Puzzle] [Adventure]Posted in: Maps
An adventure and puzzle map for two players.
Tired, after a long day you go to bed - but this time
everything seems different. What's actually a dream turns out
to be an exciting happening. Why are you caught in the same
dream? Why is so much known to you? Will your friendship last?
A journey through the (map-) experiences of the past.
It is played in adventure mode, so mining and placing is restricted.
In some of the 30 rooms the players are split - is the door
one-colored, only one player is allowed along there.
Crafting in the inventory is not allowed, do it only on a crafting table.
There are exactly two players needed. Alone it does not work;
and more players could mess up the command blocks.
If you really get stuck, then you can just change to the creative mode
and open the exit door. At the following spawn room please switch back
to adventure mode "/gamemode 2"!
For story output, captions, and minor adjustments the attached
resource pack is mandatory for both players.
You can see the status of the resource pack next to the start chest
with a red or green text.
The map needs enable-command-block=true and allow-flight=true
in server.properties when played on a server.
Here you have the map version 1.1 (2017-12-02), it's compatible
and fully tested with Minecraft version 1.12 (vanilla).
Rules of use
You are not allowed to upload the map elsewhere, but you are
welcome to you link the download post if you like it
Also when publishing screenshots or videos please
link to the post for other players to find our map.
The map has cost us a lot of work and time, please respect
Take a look at our three previous maps. It's best you
play these three before this one to have even more fun
and to understand this map completely!
Trailer and links can be found on our YouTube channel:
We are looking forward to your feedback! How did you like the map?
Please write us on YouTube or in the comments of the download post.
Have fun and thank you for playing
warco311, MaxLoewe and christina_12
Download (for Minecraft 1.12.x!):
The Twist Labs - Version 1.1 - Resourcepack (approx. 100KB) Also included in the map.
"The Twist Labs" is also translated in german (inside resourcepack). Please switch the ingame language.
Nov 28, 2017Posted in: Suggestions
I don't want Minecraft, a game that's meant to be family-friendly (hence the ESRB rating of Everyone 10+), to have any political (or religious) symbolism in it. Why? To avoid controversy from many groups of people of various political ideologies and religious beliefs. Regarding your suggestion, the Hammer and Sickle is a political symbol that's associated with a form of political system that's associated with genocides, abuse of human rights, dictatorships, and concentration camps / labor camps.
No support due to what I stated and that this is a very small suggestion
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.