this is just a little thread to show some of the newer members what cool mods Kodiachi has done
a lot of these threads are fun to read even if they aren't updated to latest version
Kodiachi's intros to his mods are almost as fun as his actual mods
this isnt a plea for "update mods please", I would rather see him work on new ideas
and luckily for us, he is updating a few, and has let a few out for others to update
So to repeat, this is just to show some noobs the scope of Kodiachis Evil genius
battle towers- viewtopic.php?f=25&t=98383
brain slimes- viewtopic.php?f=25&t=117910&p=1708704#p1708704
variety Creepers- viewtopic.php?f=25&t=107626&p=1593126#p1593126
whirlwinds-see miner trivia thread
chicken gliding- viewtopic.php?f=25&t=98936&p=1488313#p1488313
pig riding- viewtopic.php?f=1032&t=189582
chicken riding- viewtopic.php?=1032&t=128291&p=2932353#p2932353
spider families- viewtopic.php?f=25&t=120682
miner trivia- viewtopic.php?f=25&t=173580&p=2509671#p2509671
Kodiachis mod thread- viewtopic.php?f=25&t=121188&p=1751226#p1751226
So enjoy some fun reading, and thanks Kodiachi!
- Registered Member
Member for 7 years and 9 days
Last active Tue, Aug, 19 2014 12:11:43
- 0 Followers
- 477 Total Posts
- 2 Thanks
Dec 12, 2010Hi!Posted in: Mods Discussion
With all the cool new mobs coming out, I had a thought (surprise!)
Some of the awesome Modders here have come up with many cool mobs and some gui's to select which kind of creatures spawn
my thought is that there might be a mob selector on world creation that will let you choose which mobs will spawn on each setting
so it would read the list of mobs you have installed, then let you check their behavior for each setting
for example- from your list of available mobs, pick, say bunnies- you have a choice of fearful(so they run away),peaceful, neutral, aggressive, (or whatever)- or of course none
peaceful easy normal hard
bunnies F P N A
sheep F N N P
Ogres F P N A
dont know difficulty or if it has been done yet- but with all the cool mobs coming out, we need a way to fine tune their spawning and behavior
there are a lot of things that could be done such as super-aggression, avoidance, interaction with other mobs, etc
also maybe you could refine their spawn condition too- what they spawn on, time of day/night etc
So is this possible or desired??
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Mar 27, 2011Kinniken posted a message on Millénaire - NPC village - New: Villagers in player's buildings! (6.0.0: villagers in player-built buildings, fixes)Note regarding the wiki: it's getting quite out of date, help with it is very welcome. Translations of the main pages to other languages would also be useful.Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Note regarding translations: many of them are somewhat out-of-date. Updates would be welcome. In particular, I would like updates to the German, Russian and Spanish versions as they are the most used of the out-of-dates versions.
New: Millénaire forums for more in-depth discussions than here:
Millénaire is a single- and multi-player mod for Minecraft. It aims to fill the "emptyness" of single-player worlds by adding NPC villages to it, with loose 11th-century Norman, North Indian and Mayans themes and additional cultures planned.
Villages are populated with men, women and children of various kinds, who perform tasks such as trading with the player, expending current buildings or improving existing ones, cultivating crops such as wheat in Norman villages and rice in Indian ones, crafting tools and powerful amulets, etc. As the village expends, the number of villagers increases as couples have children who grow up into new adults.
Help villages grow by trading with them and be rewarded with unique items such as Normand and Indian food or statues and tapestries to decorate your house with. And if they start liking you enough, they might even build you a house of your own.
Millénaire is available in the following languages: French, English, German, Russian, Polish, Spanish, Czech, Swedish, Dutch, Portuguese, Slovenian, Hungarian, Chinese, Arab, Estonian, Norwegian, Ukrainian (more coming!)
Download Millénaire on Millenaire.org.
Want to know more first? Check the overview.
New: Add Millénaire villagers to your buildings!
Always dreamed to have people living in your tree-top dwelling, under-sea base, or whatever else strikes your fancy? Now you can!
For more information, including a FAQ, known compatibility with other mods, and common install issues, you can check the Millénaire Wiki:
Millénaire Library of user-created content to extend the mod:
Millénaire forum for more in-depth discussions:
Come across small villages while exploring, such as this Norman settlement...
Millénaire review by CGzCinema showing the mod's main features
... or this Japanese one, centred on a rice paddy.
6.0.0 - 10/11/2014
- New: custom buildings. It is now possible to have villagers live in buildings built by the player
- Once built, those buildings can be "declared" in a controlled village using the summoning wand
- A new controlled village can be created in a building designed by the player using the wand on a gold block
- Fixed a major bug that can caused repeating errors if other mods were added
- Fixed a bug that could make Minecraft crash when viewing certain Millénaire screens
- Fixed a bug that made it impossible to open Millénaire chests with signs above them
- Fixed various other bugs
- Improved logs: repeated errors are now posted on one line only
- Some speed optimizations
- Nouveauté : bâtiments personnalisés. Il est maintenant possible de faire habiter des bâtiments construits par le joueur à des villageois
- Ces bâtiments peuvent être « déclarés » dans un village contrôlé une fois construits en utilisant la baguette d’invocation
- Un nouveau village contrôlé peut être créé dans un bâtiment construit par le joueur en utilisant la baguette sur un bloc d'or
- Correction d’un bug majeur pouvant provoquer de nombreuses erreurs si d’autres mods étaient ajoutés
- Correction d’un bug pouvant faire crasher Minecraft lors de la consultation de certains écrans Millénaire
- Correction d’un bug empêchant d’ouvrir les coffres Millénaire qui avaient un signe au-dessus
- Corrections de bugs divers
- Amélioration des logs: les erreurs répétées sont maintenant affichées sur une ligne uniquement
- Quelques optimisations des performances
5.3.0 - 19/08/2014
- Stable release for MC 1.7.10. Backup your worlds anyway, just in case.
- Version stable pour MC 1.7.10. Sauvegardez vos mondes quand même, au cas où.
5.2.0 - 17/04/2014
- Stable release for MC 1.7.2. Backup your worlds anyway, just in case.
- Use the latest release of Forge, not the recommended release!
- [Server & SP] Fixed various bugs making Minecraft crash, especially when exploring anomalies
- [Server & SP] Fixed a bug where harvesting Millénaire crops gave wheat instead of Millénaire seeds
- Version stable pour MC 1.7.2. Sauvegardez vos mondes quand même, au cas où.
- Utilisez la version la plus récente de Forge, pas la version recommandée!
- [Serveur & Solo] Correction de différents bugs faisant crasher Minecraft, notamment lors de l’exploration des anomalies
- [Serveur & Solo] Correction d’un bug faisant obtenir du blé plutôt que des plantes Millénaire en récoltant des céréales Millénaire
For older releases, check the wiki page: Millénaire Updates
Or discover a mysterious Mayan pyramid, abandoned in the jungle. (Texture pack: Soartex FanVer with Millénaire HD blocks)
Check the FAQ page on the Millénaire wiki: http://millenaire.or...ki/Category:FAQ
- MinerMiah for the Mayan culture (including skins)
- Minepower for the Japanese culture
- Rasseru for the updates to the Japanese culture
- Ticlon for the Byzantine culture and some of the lone buildings
- SMP for all the Indian skins. Great and fast job! Check also his texture pack that includes a full reskinning of Minecraft itself, Millénaire, and many other mods as well!
- johnlmonkey, Razulra, cubex3 and TheDoctorMouse for skins
- Nandonalt and karahan : some buildings
- joeyjam: icons for the Norman armour
- minami26: graphics for the Norman armour and icons for the Norman tools
- The MCP team, without whose work I would not have attempted this mod
- The #risucraft and #mcp-modding channels, and specifically _303, ZeuX and ProfMobius, for saving me a lot of time with timely help
- MineColony and Builders, for inspiration and useful examples of modding Minecraft
Listen to the villagers discussing their job, life or simply the weather.
Making new cultures
Since Millénaire 1.4, the bulk of a new culture can be made without code (not just buildings and village types like before, but new NPCs as well). As such I'm interested in player-made cultures to integrate in the main game, provided they fit the general theme of Millénaire of "real" cultures from around the 11th century. Players interested in producing one for Millénaire should PM-me about it. If we agree on the idea, I'll provide support in the form of help on how to mod Millénaire and in the form of whatever new code might be needed (for new items, blocks or good productions), though likely not with the buildings and NPCs themselves. I reserve the right to change anything I might not like in a culture I'm shipping with the mod itself, but in practice I intend to leave as much of a free hand as possible to culture designers.Contribution welcome, it helps make Millénaire a rich game!
See what they are doing and what they need in the villages' centres.
- There is a lot of content to fill up in the Millénaire Wiki, feel free to help: http://millenaire.org/wiki/
- Female and children sounds
- It would be very useful if people who have been playing for a while could post detailed accounts of how they play Millénaire, what they like/don't like, what their goals are when playing, etc. I need more comprehensive feedback, not just small reactions to individual features.
- New lone buildings: the more different kind of lone buildings (or variations of the same kind), the better. People wanting to do lone buildings in the same style as the existing ones are welcomed. You can post your creation in the thread, preferably with a screenshot. I'll add those I think fit in Millénaire.
Trade with them, to help their villages grow and gain unique blocks, foods and items.
Downloads are available from millenaire.org.
Thread for posters to discuss custom building plans in: http://www.minecraft...f=1039&t=253387
Wiki page with adapted texture packs: http://millenaire.or...i/Texture_Packs
Feel like paying me a cider? . Otherwise, I'm always looking for more SugarSync referrals (similar to DropBox but more generous free quotas). Note that you have to install the app, not just sign-in online, for me to get a quota bump.
See their villages develop in prosperous communities...
For more information, help, known bugs, etc., check the new Millénaire Wiki: http://millenaire.org/wiki/. Feel free to contribute!
...or massive fortresses surrounded by desert.
But be wary in your travels, for hostile bandits and soldiers can be waiting deep in the woods!
Encourage villages to trade with one another, or push them to war and see their men battling while the women and children
And when the pull of adventure becomes too strong, seek out the mysterious Sadhu in the forest to start a great quest on the origins of the world.
Who knows, you might even come across the mysterious Panthéon, the massive structure where the contributors and donors to Millénaire are immortalised.
Note to modpack makers: Millénaire can be freely added to modpacks provided you credit me and provide a pro-eminent link to millenaire.org.
Signatures by minami26 - now with dynamic version info:
This mod is Copyright (2011) and is my intellectual property. Only minecraftforum.net is allowed to host any of my material without my consent. It may not be placed on any web site or otherwise distributed publicly without advance written permission. Descriptions or other content on the mod (for example, reviews) are allowed as long as the download links provided point to this thread or to the Millénaire Wiki. Works derived from this mod in any significant way, for instance by re-using the mod's source code, are forbidden without written permission.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.