Can someone help me understand how comparators work in item sorting? And, also, why a "specific number" of items are needed in each hopper for the item sorting to work? I can't wrap my head around it, and any attempt to search explanations just lead me to tutorials, which do nothing to help me understand.
- Registered Member
Member for 3 months and 8 days
Last active Fri, Sep, 8 2017 15:29:54
- 0 Followers
- 21 Total Posts
- 6 Thanks
Sep 8, 2017isolato posted a message on [Creative world] Small to medium builds - Including Map Download with Teleportation MinigamesPosted in: Creative Mode
Oooh, I love the new story you have going of the interdimensional couple. I have a similar (ish) story running with my friend as we hop from multiplayer world to multiplayer world so it's very cool!
Also, the buildings are creative and I love how you spruced up that portal.
Sep 7, 2017Posted in: Creative Mode
Design a small village in a 25x25 area that contains;;;
A farm for every crop including sugar cane / cactus.
An animal pen
A house for sleeping
A separate house for all villagers to live inside.
I'm also doing this, so it'll be interesting to see your take on the same challenge I'm doing
Sep 7, 2017isolato posted a message on [Creative world] Small to medium builds - Including Map Download with Teleportation MinigamesPosted in: Creative Mode
Oh man, I hope this isn't where this ends. I love how you built up your story, and your builds are lovely, too x3
Sep 5, 2017Posted in: Seeds
I'm looking to start a new redstone project (hanging city) and I really need a seed that provides me with BIG mountains with many overhangs in the same general area. Nothing else is of concern ---- just somewhere I can build. Also, the walk from spawn to this view isn't of concern, either, just really looking for something that would provide me with a good city build.
Sep 5, 2017isolato posted a message on Spawn where savanna meets plains meets desert meets mesa + a village and a templePosted in: Seeds
How on earth do you find all these interesting seeds? o.O
Sep 5, 2017Posted in: Creative Mode
1. The sugarcane farm with a button to activate a piston, which will automatically harvest it for you. You can use the water source of the cobblestone generator to go fishing, and get early easy food while you wait for things to grow.
2. Outside, you have to do minimal parkour to get up to the roof, where your trees are growing. They also make a pretty roof!
3. The trees are grown / given a lit roof with four inverted daylight sensors, which will be on as long as there is night / something on top of them. Redstone is used to help minimalize the use of night sensors.
---- Feedback / critique is always appreciated!
Sep 5, 2017Posted in: Creative Mode
So, I went on a tiny house building binge and I decided to try it myself.
This house has pretty much everything you need to survive, including;
A Cobblestone Generator
Melon + Pumpkin Farm
Auto Cactus Farm
Easy Harvest Sugarcane Farm
Tree Farm on the Roof!
1. The view from the outside --- I use the bushes as both decoration and functionality, as they are what you'll climb on to get to the roof. I chose stone brick and oak wood as those are the two materials that are mostly available to beginner Skyblock-ers. This is also, of course, built with the assumption you are on a server that has Nether Portals available OR you can purchase things with Economy or something like that, because those are my favorite servers.
2. Top-down view of everything in the house. My texture pack doesn't show newly-planted melon/pumpkin, but they're in the top left. Underneath the upper melon farm is an anvil, brewing stand, and a netherwart farm.
3. A better view of what's underneath the melon farm.
4. A brief display of the cactus farm, and how it's automatic --- it has two blocks on the sides of where it will grow, so it gets automatically harvested and the likely place for it to fall is away from the cactus, making the chance of the block being destroyed less likely. A hopper is there for convenience, which feeds into your single chest.
Pictures to show it off in attachments
Aug 31, 2017Posted in: Survival Mode
I'm looking to build a warehouse / storage area to house the ever-growing amount of resources that my friends and I mine, but...I don't just want to build a longhouse with chest after chest after chest in it and it looks awful. Does anyone have some big storage facilities that actually look nice or some ideas on how to build one?
Aug 30, 2017isolato posted a message on First time and/or most annoying / distracting mob encounters have you had?Posted in: Survival Mode
Had lag / wasn't paying attention at the same time, had three creepers blow huge chunks in th foundation of my base that I had been spending days on ._.
Aug 30, 2017Posted in: Survival Mode
I've been steadily working on a private SMP server, working on making a new base to start a new Sanctuary. The goal is to eventually have our entire base and all of our operations (save for a few farms) suspended in the air on sustainable / pretty forts. I've currently been working on a home base, featuring personalized rooms and noteblock songs that I've transcribed for each of my friends!
Here's just an overview, I know it looks like it sucks right now, I have a lot of work to do, but, it's been a long project already.
Just a glimpse of the inside, which will be fully furnished and hopefully lit with something other than ugly torches lol.
This place will all be closed off, to the right is the future enchanting / brewing tower (possibly where the Netherwart Farm will go) and then on the left is the staircase up to the rooms. Two out of three are done, I finished my friends' first.
My friend Jason's lower level of his room, where he can chill and listen to Zelda's Lullaby on Noteblock ^u^
My friend Suzie's room, which is farming themed and is playing the opening four measures of the Spring Theme of Stardew Valley.
But uh, yeah. That's what's up. Next task is to get this building finished, and then eventually more outposts that lead to villages and our eventual mob spawner in the ocean.
Aug 15, 2017Posted in: Survival Mode
Oooh, this is a really nice suggestion / set of suggestions! I usually have a general goal of 'find new island, put building up on island' for our little sessions, which are conveniently thirty minutes long, but my S/O almost always needs some motivation / ideas for what he's going to do. This is perfect
Aug 13, 2017Posted in: Survival Mode
I'm working on building a village on this island that I've found for my S/O and I (to later manually spawn in some villagers) and I was wondering what buildings are the bare minimum I'll need to technically fit the thematic of all villager types?
I obviously understand I need a library, a blacksmith's house and a farm, but what else do I need?
Aug 13, 2017Posted in: Seeds
---- Very good seed, I've been playing this with my S/O for about two days now and we love it. This seed has a ton of potential and a ton of iron for newbies! (Almost a full stack in a little ravine on the starter island)
There's also a cow that spawned on the island so easy milk. Very nice seed all around --- I can't thank you enough for sharing it ^w^
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.