Just a quick update for you people looking forward to Beta 1.10! I've finished pretty much all the major mechanics and systems changes after a lot of work. Most of the command center has been overhauled, lag-optimized, items have colors, holodeck is better, many more info file systems, etc. A lot of work has gone into this update getting the game ready for final release. Essentially what we are waiting on now is for these changes to be fully tested by my tester for bugs and I'm also working on the 3 new areas and side quests in this update.
Unfortunately, my computer charging cable stopped working on thursday. I've ordered a replacement that is coming in tomorrow but that and work this week has made it so I can't do a lot of work for the past 2 days or so. I should be able to resume again soon though! We are pretty close now!
- Curse Premium
Member for 5 years, 6 months, and 25 days
Last active Mon, Nov, 20 2017 03:17:55
- 10 Followers
- 1,556 Total Posts
- 446 Thanks
Nov 18, 2017danaphanous posted a message on 🚀 Space Expedition to EPIC 204 🚀 A Custom Survival Adventure in an Alien World! [20,000+ DLs!] NEW: Beta1.9: Ocean Planetoid!Posted in: Maps
Nov 15, 2017danaphanous posted a message on 🚀 Space Expedition to EPIC 204 🚀 A Custom Survival Adventure in an Alien World! [20,000+ DLs!] NEW: Beta1.9: Ocean Planetoid!Posted in: Maps
The Beta 1.10 update is coming along still! I ended up very busy with work these past 2 days and that's going to continue this week so not sure when I'll finish but we're getting there haha. Might be more like the weekend now, we'll see! I've continued with my optimizing sweep and I'm now attempting to make the map fully compatible with all player language settings (Beta 1.9 and earlier you had to use english language settings or many things did not work and I realized some foreign players were not getting this memo!)
Change-Log for Monday-Tuesday:
- all season transitions are language compatible
- summer and spring are language compatible
- aura wraiths can spawn during summer nights
- glow worms can spawn during spring nights
- all weather is language compatible
- all creature abilities are language compatible
- the game has been improved for lag and I've moved some things to slower clocks to reduce CPU usage and tidied up the command center quite a bit!
Nov 13, 2017danaphanous posted a message on 🚀 Space Expedition to EPIC 204 🚀 A Custom Survival Adventure in an Alien World! [20,000+ DLs!] NEW: Beta1.9: Ocean Planetoid!Posted in: Maps
More Polishing and Work Finished!
- Optimization: tamed animals are now added to the player team and won’t be targeted by special weapon items
- Optimization: naturally-spawned pigmen from portals and silverfish from stone eggs now have custom drops!
- Optimization: Alien tomes/artifacts now name the location they were collected at!
- Optimization: updated all holograms and Spring to the new custom creature system which is compatible with all MC language settings
- Optimization: all synthesize recipe files updated and sorted by kind
- Optimization: new "unique creatures & plants" chest which records boss battles and custom crops
- Optimization: all creature info files are sorted alphabetically
- Added: Custom crops you discover now can display the fruit as a hologram with instruction of how to plant and grow them!
- Added: Glow worms now spawn during spring nights
- Added: The game now records the locations you have been too
Nov 11, 2017Posted in: Maps
Here's a quick update on what I finished this past week. It may seem like slow going but I'm doing a lot of work that is needed behind the scenes to really polish up the systems, info file banks, holodeck, etc for final release! Some of these may sound familiar and I've talked about them before but I didn't finish fully implementing the new systems till this week!
- All biofuel recipes now require 1 coal/charcoal to prevent accidental crafting, you can now also convert the sugar crops (beetroot/sugar cane) and single magma cores for convenience
- biofuel recipes, refined biofuel, enriched uranium, warp crystals, CCC's, cornbread, creature kibble, diamond, ingots, gunpowder arrows, lightning arrows, honey coated apples, honey coated carrots and flying enderpearls all now can be crafted as the original recipes or 4x recipes for bulk crafting as these are the most commonly crafted things (imho) that stack
- synthesizer recipe info files have swapped location with the map for symmetry and so they are close to other files
- all synthesizer info files have been updated to show the new 4x bulk-crafting and new recipes
- synthesizer recipe info files have been reordered for organization. You now have biosuit upgrades on the top row, raw materials and expendable items on the 2nd, synthesizer tools on the 3rd, modules on the 4th, potions and foods on the 5th and extras like extra biosuit books and challenge list books on the 6th
- messages for discovering the gunpowder arrows and refrigerator module have now been added
- the game now has a message for both the prickly pear fruit (for draught) and the cactus bud (for planting) so it is clearer which part of the plant is used for what
- custom foods, treasure items, custom potions, automatic modules, and synthesizer tools now come in special name colors and with colored lore, I changed all the synthesizer recipes so they come crafted specially formatted in the new style and tested every recipe!
- I'm giving several creatures new drops for balance and to spread critical items around to more seasons. The 4 new creatures you'll have to scan to figure their drops out but I'm using them to add more sources of glowstone, power core, fire crystal, and magma cores
- Bony Biter & Flinty biter will now als drop gunpowder sometimes
- Optimization: the ship from the intro now has better navigation, there are balconies to land on in the drop chute so it is easier to go in doorways. Signs labelling wings are clear and bolded on all 3 bottom floors. There is now a computer terminal you check on the maintenance level that tells you about supplies onboard and what floor they are located on.
- Optimization: wooden trapdoors have been added to the ship as an option to cover up the engines and the 2-wide drops between floors if players wish. This is in both models, the early craft and the upgraded versions
- Added: 3 new boss trophy items have been added!
I'm on to adding in the new location info files and updating the creatures systems now! After this is finished we'll need a few days to test while we work on the 3 new custom areas that are being added so I'm expecting the update to be out sometime late in the evening tuesday or wednesday.
Nov 9, 2017danaphanous posted a message on Is it possible to give a mob and item that drops 100% regardless of if the player kills the mob and without loot tables?Posted in: Commands, Command Blocks and Functions
I tried 1.0 drop chances and they only worked with a player kill. 2.0 works even if the kill isn't from a player? That's effectively setting the drop chance at 200% so that's a little strange but I'll give it a try!
Nov 7, 2017danaphanous posted a message on Is it possible to give a mob and item that drops 100% regardless of if the player kills the mob and without loot tables?Posted in: Commands, Command Blocks and Functions
Yep, there are ways with commands. I was more asking if there was a way to set the data of held items so they would drop regardless of kill method. I haven't found one though, zombies do this for gear they pick up though so I was wondering if it was a datatag I could use.
If I'm going to do a rideable entity I might just have the item riding them with a long age. Especially for a large custom mob you can't even really see the item entity it is so small. Thanks for the suggestion!
Nov 5, 2017danaphanous posted a message on Is it possible to give a mob and item that drops 100% regardless of if the player kills the mob and without loot tables?Posted in: Commands, Command Blocks and Functions
Hey just a quick question here,
Does anyone know if it is possible to give an entity an item that will always drop regardless of whether the player dealt the killing blow without loot tables? I figured this would be the case if I coded the drop chance as 100% but it still does not seem to drop if the entity dies from some other means then the player (like getting knocked off a cliff by a snowball) and this is a bit of a problem!
I would prefer not to have to add a whole new loot table at this stage to solve this small issue because sometimes you want the item to show in the entity's hand but always drop. If it is also coded into the loot table it doesn't display as "gear". Does anyone know if this is possible without loot tables?
Nov 4, 2017Posted in: Maps
yes, I can message you the command to resummon the challenge book. I may also add it in as a respawning book in the recipes chest like the biosuit book. Didn't think of this issue
I've never seen the water-chunk corruption issue but I imagine it would happen anytime you had a corrupted chunk. As long as it was proper in the download you got there isn't much I can do. MC is getting better but there are still occasional chunk corruption issues to this day. I'm not sure what causes them
Also, in other news, there is no way we can finish Beta 1.10 this weekend.
Compsogbrickus and I worked very hard on the biggest of the new custom areas and weren't able to finish it--there is just too much story/building stuff to do haha. There is still probably a week's worth of work left from what I can tell. We were just too busy this past week to put in as much time as we were hoping! I'm revising the release date for Beta 1.10 to hopefully next weekend. Thanks for your patience!
Nov 2, 2017Posted in: Maps
Is it not possible to uninstall the economy mod that started the problem? Sorry I'm very unfamiliar with sponge and other mod systems. There is not much more I can think of it suggest. Also, how do you know command blocks and scoreboard commands are failing if the server won't start? At least with the last log you sent me it is freezing halfway through startup and not even starting due to some mod issues. It seems like a ticket to sponge may be your best bet at this point if you can't get it uninstalled. :/
EDIT: also since your issue is mostly unrelated to the map and most players now, can you message me if you have future questions about crashes from mods? I don't want to spam this thread too much for people that follow it ok! Thanks.
Nov 1, 2017Posted in: Maps
haha, yes it is definitely the economy mod. It says as much in that log.
Essentially it says there are missing entries and it wants to know if you want to proceed and is waiting on your input. If you want it to continue with startup, follow the log instructions and type: "/fml confirm" like it says at the bottom of the command prompt. The disconnecting players just means someone tried to refresh their client to see if the server was ready to login. it says that if you do that before the server has finished starting.
Nov 1, 2017Posted in: Maps
Happy halloween! Still working on the Beta 1.10 update! It's a big one!
Here's some teaser screenshots of some new night-time seasonal creatures I've been working. These are in my mob testing rooms, they'll look a bit nicer spawning in their natural habitats and season.
Here is one suggested by one of our French Players named Pierre, in the spirit of Halloween! The Will-O-Wisp! These creatures drift about, giving off fiery light and fire trails during Fall nights. They will ignore the player unless you get pretty close to them upon which they will charge you. But easy enough to avoid if you don't want to fight!
New pet option, the Hopper! He loves to hop around after players follwoing them haha. Spawns in Winter nights:
New spring night creature the Glow Worm. This little guy spawns at night in tall grass or tree leaves and blinks on and off like a firefly.
Lastly, the Aura Wraith. A neutral creature who glides around ignoring you. Mostly invulnerable to damage from the player and doesn't interact with them. You can find him slowly flying around and is not blocked by any solid blocks, just like a vex he can go into the ground and through trees. Very mysterious. They do have a weakness through which allows them to be killed and have some pretty nice drops. But you'll have to scan them to figure out how. And be careful, if they feel threatened they can retaliate!
Oct 31, 2017Posted in: Maps
Thanks, we don't have an official bug tracker. I just write them down as I discover them on a "to-do" list lol.
It looks like the crash was caused by sponge this time. In this case there was a bug where an attribute had duplicate ids from the looks of it. Not really anything I can do to help you there. That's all on sponge's side. Their system is different then mine, but hopefully it doesn't happen often. Thanks for reporting. You said you were using sponge because you use this map as one world on a hub, is that right? Just be aware there may be occasional crashes even if you wrap forge. My map needs the command block and attribute systems to remain pretty much intact to work perfectly which is why I only recommend forge and vanilla. I'm glad you got it working with your port though! I didn't even think it could be done!
Oct 31, 2017Posted in: Maps
That makes sense. I was going based on this page where it shows Map Updates.
This map is in Beta Development, but is far along. There are many, many hours of entertainment already programmed into this adventure; however, we are continuing to improve the map. Right now we release expansions to the map frequently. However, this does NOT mean you should restart your map. We have developed a system for you to be able to update your IN PROGRESS maps! No restarting will EVER be required!
:-) I shut the server down, copied the files and started it up. Logged in and then was presented with the Update log showing the map was indeed updated to 1.9.0 with no errors during startup. Thanks for the quick fix and support! -Steve
Glad to hear! In the instructions file on the google drive folder I think I do mention you need to shut down servers in the case of multiplayer, but I may not have on the cover-text on the OP. Thanks, I will edit it for clarity!
Oct 31, 2017Posted in: Maps
yes, sorry if it wasn't clear but you absolutely HAVE to shut down the server before doing this. The command center is in the spawnchunks and you won't be able to overwrite it completely if the server is on and running. After the server is shut down, then try overwriting the 5 mca files in the Beta 1.9 update package (#10) by logging in with FTP. This is what I do for our server and it always seems to work. Please let me know the results!
Oct 30, 2017Posted in: Maps
Hey smmmadden, I am very sorry to hear this happened to you!
I'm not sure what happened but the official update files do not replace player inventories or areas around the ship.
This is for the very reason that they would mess up stuff players have been working on. I specially craft update mca files and give them to you in a package to install, so I can also run commands when you login. These only replace the command center and areas very far from the ship so they should never delete the areas you are working in.
Can you tell me which version you were running and what you tried to update too? Also, what exactly did you do to update? Did you copy only the mca files from an official update package which I upload here: http://bit.ly/2nYyl6r and put them in the region folder of your space expedition save? Or did you try to copy all the mca files from a new map to the old? Copying all the region files, particularly region files r.0.0, r.0.-1, r.-1.-1, or r.-1.0.mca, would erase things around the ship because they contain all the ship and all areas around it, and it sounds like this is what happened to you. For this reason I never include these region files in updates and you should never alter them yourself. Do you have a backup you can restore?
As for your inventories, those aren't even stored in region files, they are stored in playerdata files in a seperate folder. Editing these is the only way to mess up player inventories and I don't edit them in updates either so I'm kind of confused how your inventories got altered from a region file update. Can you tell me more? If you did this on a server is it possible you accidentally replaced more files then you were supposed too?
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Aug 5, 2015danaphanous posted a message on Community Creations: Search for Steve (Adventure Map)Posted in: News
Come on guys, just be happy for the creator!
It may be a smaller map, but it's well done and pretty unique. Don't judge before you check it out! It's actually a hybrid survival/adventure map and it's quite difficult to stay alive. I've enjoyed playing it a lot!
Dec 17, 2014danaphanous posted a message on Minecraft Windows Launcher Needs YOUR Testing and Feedback!Great! now all thoe n00bs that complain about lag because they have an old or non-optimized version of Java will shut up. Minecraft will match and optimize for them. This is really a good change though all joking aside.Posted in: News
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.