- Registered Member
Member for 7 years, 3 months, and 14 days
Last active Mon, Dec, 5 2011 08:55:12
- 0 Followers
- 284 Total Posts
- 6 Thanks
Nov 22, 2011They started out with World of Warcraft videos, and a podcast, and through that they built-up a small, but loyal fanbase. Then they started doing Minecraft videos and their popularity exploded, their let's play series mixed in an element of fantasy and turned into an epic story featuring many characters, and great looking settings.Posted in: General Off Topic
Nov 22, 2011As a fan of both the Yogscast, and Minecraft, I would hope that this is just a simple misunderstanding, and that it all gets straightened out soon.Posted in: Discussion
I hope that the reports of Yogscast memebers saying things like "we're the reason Minecraft is popular" is nothing but misinterpreted British sarcasm.
Sep 24, 2011I agree with the OP somewhat.Posted in: 1.0 Update Discussion
There is still so much potential for items that have already been in the game for a long time.
A few examples:
- Eggs. They can be used in cakes, or thrown to create more chickens, but you can't just cook it and eat it?
- Bread. Can be eaten, but why can't you cook it and turn it into something like muffins, etc?
- Bookshelves. Cost a lot of time and resources to craft, but they are purely decorative. Why can't they be used to store books?
- Drink. Still no form of liquid nourishment in the game, except for milk which is just an antidote, and you have to carry it around in a bucket.
- Golden armor, weapons, and tools. Almost completely useless. Why can't these be hung on walls for decorative purposes?
- Wool. Why can't it be used to create padded cloth armour?
- Torches. Whatever happened to torches dying out so you'd have to relight them with flint and steel? This would've created another important use for the F+S tool. Where are the lanterns?
The point I'm trying to make is that there is still a huge amount of content and improvements that can be made to the vanilla game, without adding even more on top of it. All items should have multiple uses to add more depth to the game, and give the variety and choice that players crave in open games such as this.
I'm aware that mods cater for some or all of the stuff I have listed above, but in my opinion, this sort of thing should be in the vanilla game. I'm also aware that this game is in beta, and more uses for existing items may be added in the future, but I just feel that with so much more new content being added, the older items are consistently being forgotten.
Sep 19, 2011I would like for NPCs to spawn and live in towns/villages I make, not just the ones that are randomly generated.Posted in: 1.0 Update Discussion
Or at least be able to upgrade and expand the random villages to make them look nicer and bigger.
Sep 17, 2011I've been thinking about this, and I just can't help but think that NPCs will only spawn with the generation of a village, therefore if you've already discovered an empty one, they won't appear in it. Meaning, of course, you'll be best of starting another new map once 1.9 comes.Posted in: 1.0 Update Discussion
Sep 16, 2011I've been lucky and have found 3 NPC villages on a single map, all relatively close to each other. I haven't seen any other type of building apart from those you've shown us.Posted in: 1.8 Update Discussion
I hope the design is improved a little for the next patch, along with more variation in building types. Many of the buildings have their entrances obscured by the gravel roads, or the door is 5 blocks high so you have to build your own staircase up there.
Sep 16, 2011Posted in: 1.8 Update DiscussionQuote from sheekso
I saw someone else do this, so I thought i'd give it a shot. Can you help me find my stronghold? It's befuddling!
Map Seed: 779982432626491826
1) Get Cartograph G: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/153066-cartograph-g-map-your-beta-18/
2) Produce a normal map of your world
3) Produce a map showing only stone bricks and iron bars
4) Use an image editor to merge the 2 maps as layers over each other, the stronghold area will show on the new merged map, or just simply compare the 2 images in your mind to see it's general location
5) Go to the location in-game, and if you can't see a hatch, start digging
May 1, 2011Posted in: MapsQuote from Divinux »Oh i am so going to burn this down *gets a bag of chips*
Nine inch rails :biggrin.gif:
Thanks, and enjoy!
Quote from Icebreeze »I'm fighting ghasts right now, I'm shooting them with arrows, the screaming noise is annoying, but I've killed three so far, it sucks that soon, I have to fight them WITH A SWORD! Meh, it;s worth getting gunpowder though. . .
I don't know what this is about, lol. Did you post in the right thread? :smile.gif:
Quote from Zogeon »This map is awesome! Its as good as if not better than Broville! for yousir!
Thanks! I love Broville too.
Quote from gareth1211 »cool
Apr 29, 2011If you could dye feathers a certain colour, you could then use those feathers to create special arrows.Posted in: Suggestions
Red Arrow = Chance to set target on fire
Blue Arrow = Chance to freeze/slow target
Purple Arrow = Chance to knock-back the target
Could make things interesting. What do you think?
Apr 29, 2011Bought it in alpha after seeing videos of people playing, and seeing threads on almost every message board I go to about it. It was very cheap, so it wouldn't have been a big loss if I didn't enjoy the full game.Posted in: Discussion
I can understand some people not buying it because they're young and don't have access to credit/debit services to buy online with, but that doesn't account for all of them, many are just used to getting everything online for free.
Apr 28, 2011clusterfck posted a message on Is there a way to make a place look.. dark but still light?Front:Posted in: Survival Mode
Apr 26, 2011Posted in: MapsQuote from ExplosionSlash »Niceeee.
Keep up the good work.
Quote from lightpearl »Amazing exterior. Was very impressive. I did not find all the diamond, or the other underboard T_T
Thanks. If you really want to find where the rest of the stuff is, send me a PM and I'll tell you. :smile.gif:
Quote from blitzscrank »Could I possibly use it to make it an adventure map. I can just add a few secret rooms and add a storyline.
You can do what you want with it, I can't stop you on these here internets. :smile.gif:
Apr 25, 2011Here's what I do to make walls look more sturdy:Posted in: Survival Mode
      
  
= Smoothstone (but a bit closer)
Supporting pillars added onto the outside walls of the castle really helps to take away that "stone box" look.
Here's a side-view:
  
  
  
  
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.