"Welcome to my special hell."
The name's TwinBuilder. You probably know me as that guy who hangs around the Forum Games section, that guy who made a forum game that went on for two years, that guy with the twin brother, that guy with the australium minigun, or that guy who was once arrested for defacing the Empire State Building by stamping images of his face all over it. If you do, cool. Those are all things I've been responsible for in various realities that we may or may not be able to see.
I started playing Minecraft back in October 2012, right before 1.4. I don't play it that often anymore, but my username is twinbuilder. More commonly, you can find me on Steam playing a variety of actually good games. For instance, Team Fortress 2, Nuclear Throne, Hyper Light Drifter, and the Binding of Isaac. My Steam username is also TwinBuilder.
In addition to playing games, I also enjoy drawing. Most of the time I do it with pencil and paper, but sometimes I use my Wacom tablet to make digital art. Some of it gets posted to this very forum, where it's used in my many forum games. And by many I mean two. And by two I mean one that's already finished and one that's dead (for now). I've been inspired by the webcomics I enjoy reading, such as MS Paint Adventures, Brawl in the Family, Paranatural, Cucumber Quest, and Awful Hospital: Seriously the Worst Ever.
The heart of the matter is the threads I've created. So far, I've made four important ones. The first was a simple Minecraft fanfiction called The Experiment. It was about a group of mobs looking to free Herobrine from a prison. It's pretty much dead since I don't have the time or motivation to work on it, but I might reboot it one day.
The second, and most important, is Destroy the Godmodder 2: Operator!, the biggest forum game (and if not the biggest, definitely one of the biggest) on this forum. It's the sequel to another forum game, Destroy the Godmodder, by TT2000. In the game, the players must defeat the Godmodder, a very powerful Minecraft player who can block nearly anything thrown at him. They also have to get past the entities and challenges he summons to keep them on their toes. It lasted for exactly two years, with an epic story spanning five acts and three intermissions, 1,337 pages, hundreds of quality drawings supplied by me, and many many walls of text supplied by me and the players whose souls I inherited to keep them working. The third thread I made was a discussion thread for the DTG series called The Forge.
Oh, if the above description intrigued you and you're upset that DTG2 is over, fear not! The_Nonexistent_Tazz has made a prequel to the series called Destroy the Godmodder 0rigins which details how the Godmodder came to power. If you're interested, check it out!
The fourth thread is a game called Pie Quest. It's a text adventure made in the style of MS Paint Adventures - specifically, Problem Sleuth. Like DTG2, it's entirely user-driven, meaning the players of the game get to control how the story pans out (with some oversight by me, of course). It's even got a lot of drawings to bring the world to life. It's currently in progress, though I don't update it that often. (Even though I should.)
You can find me on Reddit as u/TwinBuilder, on TVTropes as TwinTropers, and on Wikia as TwinWikia.
- 1,500th: 3/19/14. (Void Walker.)
- 1,337th: 12/17/13. (MY OWN DECAYING DIMENSION.)
- 1,200th: 11/25/13. (The Malice.)
- 1,000th: 11/5/13.
- 900th: 10/26/13. (Wheel-Forger.)
- 700th: 9/13/13. (Diamond Destroyer.)
- 666th: 9/8/13. (My Best Friend.)
- 600th: 8/31/13.
- 500th: 8/21/13. (Blood-Bather.)
- 413th: 8/13/13. (Record-Breaker.)
- 400th: 8/13/13.
- 350th: 8/10/13. (Gold Buyer.)
- 300th: 7/29/13.
Well, I guess that's it. If I feel the need to kill anything else, I will.
- The Experiment. My first Minecraft story; will likely never be finished.
- Destroy the Godmodder. The original DTG forum game by Broken Bow; now locked.
- Destroy the Godmodder 2: Operator. A massive forum game with a deep story and two years of content; now finished.
- DTG2: The Discussion Thread. A reference and discussion thread for DTG.
- Destroy the Godmodder 0rigins. A prequel to DTG1 by Severed Arm; in progress.
- DTG's TV Tropes Page. A page listing the tropes that apply to DTG.
- Destroy the Godmodder Wiki. Exactly what it says on the tin.
- Pie Quest. A forum game in the style of an MS Paint Adventure about a guy who really likes pie.
Minecraft twinbuilder Steam TwinBuilder