All users will need to merge their Minecraft Forum account with a new or existing Twitch account starting October 23rd. You can merge your accounts by clicking here. Have questions? Learn more here.
Dismiss
  • 0

    posted a message on Stuck With 1.8 Skin
    Try re-uploading the skin with a different file name. I had that issue and that seemed to fix it for some reason.
    Posted in: Recent Updates and Snapshots
  • 0

    posted a message on 14w05a repair bug - fixed in 14w05b
    But it seems like now there is a bigger problem with the repair function.

    Holding shift and clicking on the repaired item results in multiple copies of the item filling your inventory as well as not even consuming the original items!
    Posted in: Recent Updates and Snapshots
  • 0

    posted a message on Chests in structures aren't spawning? (Help confirm?)
    Quote from Quijonsith

    I updated to 14w05b just now and nearby generated terrain ending up with 2 desert temples along my new exploration route. Both had the usual 4 chests with TNT under the floor and said chests had the same styles of loot I've always found in various desert temples.


    Perhaps then it is seed based? Seems like some people aren't having the issue whilst others are.
    Posted in: Recent Updates and Snapshots
  • 0

    posted a message on Chests in structures aren't spawning? (Help confirm?)
    Quote from TheMasterCaver
    This is indeed a bug that started in 14w04b (note also that 14w04a had a bug where dungeons didn't generate at all). I can only guess that it has to do with the changes to item IDs, but that started before the recent dungeon bugs; perhaps they changed something in the way they generate?


    Oh wow, I wasn't aware Mojang had a bug report section on their website. I'll use that next time I find something like this.

    Quote from KyoShinda
    I really don't know how bugs like this come around, how much of the code do they keep rewriting? I don't see why it would be necessary for them to delete the specific code that would spawn the chest itself then, with all their prowess of coding, mess it up to where the application doesn't crash yet doesn't spawn a chest. Maybe they were planning to do something with it and got side-tracked before putting the chests back.


    Changing anything in the coding can affect anything else in the coding, inadvertently most of the time.

    It could've been something to do with fixing of this bug: [Bug MC-45159] – Blocks with tile entities don't get removed when you clone / fill an airblock to their position.

    Knowing Mojang, they probably took a shortcut and made the fill command out of the generation code that develops structures, thus it now is affecting blocks with tile entities. My thought is that since chests are blocks with tile entities, they get removed when the dungeon "fills" itself with air to carve out it's empty space. This would make sense if the chests are placed before this occurs, and the spawner after, resulting in a dungeon with no chests 100% of the time. This could also explain why it affects other looting structures as well. As for strongholds, perhaps the carving with the "fill" command happens first.

    Also: I have found that it seems to be affecting both Desert Temples and Jungle temples as well.
    Posted in: Recent Updates and Snapshots
  • 0

    posted a message on Chests in structures aren't spawning? (Help confirm?)
    I generated a new world in today's snapshot. I've come across three dungeons so far, all without chests. I became skeptical that my luck was this bad.

    So I've been flying around inside MCEdit. So far all the dungeons I have come across underground contain no chests, only a lonely spawner. This was also true for the abandoned mineshaft I located as well, three cave spider spawners, but no chests inside them. I haven't found any temples to check those yet, so I'm not sure about those yet.

    However, the first stronghold I found underground DID have chests in it.

    I haven't checked nether fortresses yet either.

    But I would like someone to help to confirm this before it's posted as a bug.

    (Not sure if right place to post. Been a couple years...)
    Posted in: Recent Updates and Snapshots
  • 0

    posted a message on Playing through on Hard, any advice?
    Playing on hard will just make your experience less pleasant by only artificially increasing the level of difficulty.

    I strongly suggest you consider bumping it up to hardcore, unless meticulous difficulty is your pique.
    Posted in: Survival Mode
  • 0

    posted a message on Paranoia
    It probably teleported away to somewhere where your movements made his position outside the radius of active chunks, therefore preserving his existence. Upon your mining excursion in the direction of this spectre, it became active once more and ready to seek it's prey.
    Posted in: Machinimas
  • 0

    posted a message on What is Tekkit/Technic?
    Quote from Mazzma

    Its ****. End of discussion.


    This. Also, have you even played normal minecraft that long and enjoyed it?
    Posted in: Mods Discussion
  • 0

    posted a message on Extended reach with single player commands
    You should ask in the mod's thread, you'll find better help there.
    Posted in: Survival Mode
  • 0

    posted a message on whats something fun to do in minecraft after playing it for over a year?
    Build. Build one of everything. And then build it 2x as big again. I'm halfway done myself...
    Posted in: Survival Mode
  • 0

    posted a message on Egg Problems
    Very bad luck. The chance of getting a chicken is like 1 in 8 eggs. So you'll need to find some chickens/eggs.
    Posted in: Survival Mode
  • 0

    posted a message on Largest batch of Ores ever
    95 coal at once. Determined it was two or three veins on top of each other. Pretty nice find.
    Posted in: Survival Mode
  • 0

    posted a message on How do I turn off friendly fire?
    I don't believe it can be done on normal Minecraft.
    Posted in: Survival Mode
  • 0

    posted a message on More than 3 strongholds?
    Quote from MrLoco

    Well... are there any other sources of cracked & mossy stone brick?


    Not yet.
    Posted in: Survival Mode
  • 0

    posted a message on Creepers Dungeon ?
    Yea there are a good number of mods, plugins, and 3rd party programs/hacks that you can use to modify the spawner to spawn creepers.

    Also, saying that this was spawned naturally is a lie, because they can't be spawned like that naturally.


    Spawners can occur in these places, spawning mobs chosen randomly when generated:
    Dungeons
    Spawns Zombies (50% chance), Skeletons (25%), or Spiders (25%). One per dungeon.
    Abandoned Mine Shafts
    Spawns Cave Spiders. Located in horizontal tunnels, heavily surrounded by Cobwebs.
    Strongholds
    Spawns Silverfish. Located in the End Portal room. One per stronghold.
    Nether Fortresses
    Spawns Blazes. Located on balconies with stairs leading up to them.


    Source: http://www.minecraft...wner#Occurrence
    Posted in: Survival Mode
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.